Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    MembersZone Subscriber

Default Wildland Firefighter 1?

Hey guys, this may seem like a bizarre place to ask this question...I called the state I worked for but they weren't able to give me a straight answer, yet.

I used to work up in New Hampshire, and through them I got S-130 and S-190 and even "Wildland Firefighter 1"

....fast forward to today, I'm on a carer department in Massachusetts that pays for past certification credit hours...

my question what is anyones guess on how many hours those courses are? I haven't gotten a straight answer from the State of NH quite yet, so I figure I'd ask it here. I got those certifications back in '05 so you can imagine it all blurs together for me now.

Thank you all in advance.

EDIT: So i found online that S-130 and S-190 are 1.2 and .4 CEU's respectively, so 16 hours total. Still haven't found any info on wildland firefighter 1.
    Last edited by philfirerescue; 06-06-2011 at 12:20 PM.

MembersZone Subscriber

Found out the answer, it is a 24 hour course certification. Thank you

Forum Member

Completing the educational portion of Firefighter 1 (Advanced Firefighter S-131) only qualifies for educational credit. To be a certified Wildland Firefighter I (Red Card) you need to complete the class and then have "X" amount of experience in the field acting as a Wildland Firefighter II. Since your situation is basically about past education credit hours, the wildland S-classes will still apply without the needed work experience hours.

MembersZone Subscriber

thanks. I may someday go to wildland, after I recert with it and all. but thanks for your insight in it

Thread Information