Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Talking The Start of a Long Journey

Got into the volly station I was applying to! Just shouting my excitement to any who will listen.
    :-J Remmy

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Remmy View Post
    Got into the volly station I was applying to! Just shouting my excitement to any who will listen.
    Congrats! Now shut your mouth and open your ears.. There is much to learn! (But don't hesitate to ask if you've got questions)

-Damien

Haha can do. Im pretty sure I'm starting out with hazmat, bloodborne pathogens, and CPR training now/soon, but I have to wait until fall to get FF1. Can't wait

Congrats, but like DFurtman said, make sure to listen to what the experienced guys tell you and dont be scared to ask something. Asking questions shows you want to learn.
    "If it was easy, someone else would of done it already." - Lt. Ray McCormack FDNY

- Firefighter 1 / HAZMAT Ops / EMT-B

Definitely. I'm going to head up to the station to start meeting with some of the guys.

Forum Member

Congradulations now comes the time to learn.

The following is part of our new member orientation....good words to remember....

Once accepted as a member, you are a part of the Company. You are allowed use of the building and encouraged to bring friends and family to visit and share your interest. We have simple rules and expect everyone to act like adults. Treat the firehouse as you would your own home. If itís messy, donít be afraid to clean it. If you break it, donít be afraid to let someone know itís broke Ė most times we can fix it.

We have been around for 125+ years. There is a lot of pride in the fire company. We put forth effort to keep that pride and keep it something to be proud of. We ask members to conduct themselves accordingly in the public. Members may purchase and wear fire company clothing, we even encourage that. But we ask they do it with honor. We do not tolerate members making us look bad in the public eye.

We are a ďbrotherhoodĒ and will watch out for each other, help each other, console each other, and yes even risk our lives for each other. We respect each other and work to have others respect us back. We can bust each others chops mercilessly, and 5 minutes later be helping them build their house. We look to be strong members of our community and have the firehouse be a strong force.
    "This thread is being closed as it is off-topic and not related to the fire industry." - Isn't that what the Off Duty forum was for?

Thread Information