Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by trevolp View Post
    now that you are starting academy in march, you might want to hit the pavement now.

oh and start getting thick skin.......it's a tough world.

no one knows a guy named agavegrove other than maybe a few of us. I only knew him as agavegrove before we were in class together, now i still don't call him by his real name.
    Definitely heed all the advice that y'all have heard on hear. If you haven't started running you are already behind, If y'all run like Class 70 and 71 you will be able to pick out the people who didn't prepare. Schmidt is right either shave your chest prior or you will look like Steve Carell off 40 y.o. virgin. Get thick skin quick or you will be eatin up in the field quickly, I have had people call me a WOP at multiple stations and you will make a better impression by just going along with it. By all means help others whether it is getting on the department or in any other facet of life its our Career. Hold each other accountable in class, when y'all get the EMT book on the first day they will tell you to get started reading... DO IT!!! You will be an at will employee and in case you don't understand that, They will drop you at anytime if you cant make the runs or the grades or have an attitude problem. Don't waste the citizens of Fort Worth's money, I believe they said they have already paid around $30k for you to be were you are at now. And Lastly, welcome to the department, I hope to see all of y'all in the field at the end of the year, understand that you are a part of in my opinion the best department in the nation, we are a rather close knit group and we take care of each other. Remember also, 7 months is nothing compared to a 30+ year career.

Forum Member

Good luck to everybody that made it, I hope to make it all the way next go round.

Forum Member

Has anyone heard of any news on the possibility of a second class from this list?

Forum Member

No word on a 2nd class

Forum Member

Congrats to all that made it through this process! I may have a developing situation which might interest one of y'all who just started this F.W.F.D. academy and are looking for a place to live nearby. My current roomate and I are firefighters with different fire departments in the metroplex (He is on B shift and I'm on A shift.) My roomate is not sure if he is going to renew his lease when it's up at the end of May 2012.

The house that we rent is in the Monticello neighborhood near the West 7th St area. It's a 2 bedroom/1 bath and the master bedroom would be the room you would get. The house is in excellent shape, considering it's a rent house. The West 7th area is great area to live in! Tons of things to do, great places to eat/drink, and literally seconds away from the F.W.F.D. Fire Academy or a short drive to the T.C.C. Fire Training Center. Google directions from "3900 block of West 7th St., Fort Worth, TX 76107" to the F.W.F.D. Fire Academy and you will see how close I'm talking about!

Like I said, it all depends on what my roomate decides to do with his lease. I'm throwing this out now because I just don't want to be caught off guard at the last minute come the end off May if he does decide not to renew his lease. Pass the word along with the other guys in the academy who might not be on this forum. Feel free to PM me or email me at pewter98@gmail.com with any questions or for more details about the house.
    Last edited by pewter98; 03-12-2012 at 10:33 PM.
    IF YOU CAN'T TAKE THE HEAT, GO BE A COP!

MembersZone Subscriber

monticello huh, that other department must pay nice.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by trevolp View Post
    monticello huh, that other department must pay nice.
    It does, but I think our rent house drives down the value of these over-the-top Monticello homes that tower over us!

Two of my neighbors are in their mid-20's like me. Their parents "BOUGHT" their houses and gave it to theit children as gifts!!! WTF, I need to find me a rich wife!
    Last edited by pewter98; 03-12-2012 at 11:08 PM.
    IF YOU CAN'T TAKE THE HEAT, GO BE A COP!

Forum Member

Anyone heard if Fort Worth is planning to test this year?

MembersZone Subscriber

OklaEMT,

Probably not testing for another year maybe a little longer. Our list is now an 18 month list. Best advice is to keep checking fwfd.net about once a month or so. Also check the commissions webpage to look for other places hiring.

Forum Member

Anyone heard word of another class from the current list?

Forum Member

I heard probably not

Forum Member

Congratulation to the November 2012 graduating class!!!!!!

http://www.star-telegram.com/2012/11...ve-family.html

Forum Member

Any rumor on when FW will be testing again? It seems like it has been FOREVER since the last test, at least 14 months or so.
    Last edited by JSP_22; 11-24-2012 at 05:55 PM.

Forum Member

I have been wondering the same thing! It has been a long time since they tested. I have a feeling that there will be another test in early spring. I just saw that Dallas will be testing again early next year so hopefully FW will be too.

Thread Information