Thread: IFSAC

Forum Member

Default IFSAC

Hey guys, maybe someone can explain this to me. The college I went to is a member of IFSAC, when I finished my classes I recived a certificate from the school, and when I tested with the State fire marshals office i recived my "state certificate"(illinois) Now im aware that Illinois is not an ifsac state but like I said, the school was. However neather the School's or the state's certificate had the "ifsac seal". Its not really a big deal or anything Im just kind of confused on how this works. Am i missing something? Do i need to request something? Or does it just take time?
    THANKS!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba32 View Post
    Hey guys, maybe someone can explain this to me. The college I went to is a member of IFSAC, when I finished my classes I recived a certificate from the school, and when I tested with the State fire marshals office i recived my "state certificate"(illinois) Now im aware that Illinois is not an ifsac state but like I said, the school was. However neather the School's or the state's certificate had the "ifsac seal". Its not really a big deal or anything Im just kind of confused on how this works. Am i missing something? Do i need to request something? Or does it just take time?
    THANKS!
    Perhaps this will help. A quote from the homepage of their website:

"A note of caution to individuals seeking IFSAC accredited certification:
    Some training companies list their training programs as "IFSAC Accredited". There is no such thing as "IFSAC Accredited Training" as IFSAC does not accredit training programs. IFSAC only accredits the certification processes of our member entities. The ONLY entities accredited by IFSAC are those listed on this website. If an entity, company, etc. is not listed on the IFSAC website they are in no way recognized, sponsored, or supported by IFSAC. "

Their website is http://www.ifsac.org/

The list of members is
    http://www.ifsac.org/Handbook/CERTIF...LY_MEMBERS.pdf

Not to be a wise acre but, you should have found out about this before you bought the spiel, legitimate or not. Even if your school is on the official list of members what really matters is if the decision makers care.

55 Years & Still Rolling
    Glenn Dale Md, Heart of the P.G. County Fire Belt....

Thumbs up And......

NOTE: Personal Opinion Only!!....... If I were taking a course on anything, anywhere, at any time, I would try to the limit of my ability to get a Certificate from the National Board on Fire Service Professional Qualifications also known as the "Pro Board". I have been doing this since the Pro Board came along years ago. Currently I have a Certificate for FF I, II and III, Fire Officer I, II, III, and IV, Fire Service Instructor I, II, and III, Fire Apparatus Driver/Operator, Hazmat Tech, Wildland FF I and II and a couple of others.....

I believe that we are not too many years down the road from having a National Standard Training and Certification system, and I believe it will be the Pro Board System. The Trick to getting this in place and requiring all 50 States to participate will be attaching a requirement for the FEMA Grants, so that if a State doesn't use this system, they are not elegible for Grants. Congress doesn't move very fast, but sooner or later this will happen......
    Never use Force! Get a Bigger Hammer.
    In memory of
    Chief Earle W. Woods, 1912 - 1997
    Asst. Chief John R. Woods Sr. 1937 - 2006

IACOJ Budget Analyst

I Refuse to be a Spectator. If I come to the Game, I'm Playing.

www.gdvfd18.com

Thread Information