Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Forum Member

Default San Antonio Fire Recruit List 2011

Hello all!

San Antonio had their written exam back in September 2010 and are currently operating off of that list. I am sitting very well near the top of the list and am very anxious for this process to finish moving along. I can hardly wait to be a firefighter! A year long hiring process is very draining

I have always been surprised that there is not more interest on here for this department. Is there anyone else out there on the list? I was hoping to get some discussion going as we wait over the next couple of months for this to get wrapped up
    Last edited by Brockrocks; 06-08-2011 at 10:25 AM.

MembersZone Subscriber

I'm high up on the list, and I've sorta given up on them as I have now moved to DFW and plan on staying. With a wait that long I have serious doubts as to how many they will hire if at all, and it wouldn't be worth it for me to relocate again, but thats just me. They are a great department, I'd have taken the job for sure if they had gotten the ball rolling a little faster.

Forum Member

Word is that the next class is going to start Aug 15th with 32 recruits.

Forum Member

If I dont have a job by the next time they test I will test there for sure. I have land nearby and thats the area I want to end up in anyhow.

Forum Member

I'm also on the list and anxious to get through these last few steps.

When/where did you hear about the potential class start date?

Forum Member

I'm really not at liberty to say, b/c I dont know if its public info yet. Just know that it is correct information.

Forum Member

Well thanks for the heads up!

Forum Member

Has anyone done the poly, physical or psych exam yet and do you know how far down the list they are going to go for the August academy?

Forum Member

I spoke to one guy, he is top 25, he did his psych last week. Apparently that is the next step in the process. From what I have heard, it takes a 4 to 1 ratio to hire for the academy. So 32 x 4 = 128 or so on the list.

Forum Member

Great to hear. I am down in the 300's so I don't think I will get in this year but if they have three academies, I may still have a shot. Good luck to everyone.

Forum Member

If they have three academies, you'll definitely stand a good chance. Last year I think they got up to around to applicant #250 or 260 to fill the second academy, so that may not be completely out of reach either. Good luck!

Forum Member

Has anyone heard anymore on the next academy (other than one stated above) of has anyone been accepted to the Aug academy?
    Last edited by beetlejuice; 07-01-2011 at 12:45 PM.

Forum Member

No new news yet. I dont think anyone has gotten an offer yet to the first academy either. I"m hoping to get a call this week.

Forum Member

I have been wondering what ever happened to the 2011 list. I completed the CPAT, mailed in my background packet but had not heard anything since. I'm in the high 100's so reading about the first class, makes sense. Just waiting for the announcement on the next hiring test. Not giving up on 2011 just keeping a realistic mindset, have to keep moving forward. Good luck to all. San Antonio is home, South Central Texas is home. San Antonio or Austin would be a blessing. Heading into Austin next week for Oral Board #2 (re: May Oral mishap)

MembersZone Subscriber

I'm well under 100 and I got a call last week to update some information in my history packet and to let me know I'm being considered for if not the first class then definitely the second recruit class which they are planning for January 2012. Investigator told me that they usually go through 1.5 times as many people as they need to fill a class, and each class is going to be between 30-40 recruits, so at the least 90+, at best 120+ if my math is right.

Forum Member

They are still moving along with the process. I'm in the top 50 and have been in for Psych/Medical/Poly these last few weeks.

Definitely sit for the 2011 test! My 2010 list # was about 300 spots better than the previous year. They praise the dedication to re-test.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by JDeasy08 View Post
    They are still moving along with the process. I'm in the top 50 and have been in for Psych/Medical/Poly these last few weeks.

Definitely sit for the 2011 test! My 2010 list # was about 300 spots better than the previous year. They praise the dedication to re-test.
    That's awesome, if I'm lucky they'll do a second class and maybe I'll be joining you, good luck in the preemployment, let us know how it goes, I imagine I'll be getting another call to do the same soon too.

Forum Member

Hi y'all,

I am also on the 2010 list and still in the process.

So Brockrocks, emode, amtresidder, which step in the process are you on?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by JRod171 View Post
    Hi y'all,

I completed the CPAT/ERGO and sent in the background packet. Contact I made last week with SAFD indicated I'm still active on the list but as the January academy is close to being filled, I may not make the final processing as I'm missing it by a few spots on the list. Seems there was an incredible top 150 as it appears they may fill 2 classes without going further. I'm just outside of the 150 but not far. I took the 2011 Exam Oct 8th.. so hopefully I make the next round for processing. Who knows, I'm not giving up hope just facing the possible reality. Good luck.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by JRod171 View Post
    Hi y'all,

I've done the ergo, physical agility, background and personal history statement, and as far as I know my packet was approved and sent to the city managers office as of September. I have just been waiting to hear more, but I made the top score on two tests up here in DFW and I'm top 10 on another so I'll probably get hired up here.

Thread Information