Forum Member

Default standard floor height for the hose reel and landing valve

Dear frens..recently in a five star hotel i am going to install hose reel and landing valve in a lobby and for that i need standard floor height in a five star hotel or is there any standard height for this..if then please help me...

Forum Member

No offense intended, but if this is a 5-Star hotel, they have plenty of money. Why not hire a Professional Engineer (Fire Protection Engineer, Architect, or equal) who is familiar with the building codes in your country to answer all of these questions that you post on here. Posting questions such as this on here will only lead to heartache as there are many different codes throughout the US- and you will get many different answers.
    "Loyalty Above all Else. Except Honor."

Forum Member

My observation of the OP ...

He is either non-American, as he seems to have a limited grasp of the english launguage, which in that case, it is likely the hotel is outside of the US and the regulations in the US would not apply, or ...

... If he is an American whose primary language is english, I find it hard to beleive that with the grammatical and spelling skills displayed in the post, he could be in a management position in a 5-star hotel.

Just sayin'.
    Last edited by LaFireEducator; 06-08-2011 at 01:32 PM.
    Train to fight the fires you fight.

Forum Member

He said in other posts, which he started that he was from India, I think..........
    Stay Safe and Well Out There....

Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

Forum Member

I do not believe nfpa 14 states a specific height

Do not have the book handy

Forum Member

@fwdbuff: yaa you are right they have plenty of money and no doubt they had also hired the engineer, Architect or equal and they are one step ahead than you.who told you to take the headache..? if you don't know the answer then don't try to be oversmart..

@Lafireeducator: it doesn't matter what you think about me..? and don't
    try to be over smart..you know if you show me the one finger then rest of the
    four finger has shown towards you..and don't underestimate the person...if you
    don't know the answer then don't try to speak just shut your mouth..

@captoldtimer: no buddy iam from Nepal.

@Fire49: no i don't have book handy brother.and many thanks
    for your help..

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by anil130 View Post
    @fwdbuff: yaa you are right they have plenty of money and no doubt they had also hired the engineer, Architect or equal and they are one step ahead than you.who told you to take the headache..? if you don't know the answer then don't try to be oversmart..
    Notice the first sentence in my reply: "No offense, but....."

Then I went on to explain that there are many different building, fire and life safety codes here in the US, therefore you could receive many different answers. The heartache would have been YOURS as you could have potentially received many different answers.

THEN I went on to explain how a Design Professional (Fire Protection Engineer, Architect, or equal) is the one who should be determining the answers to these questions, through the adopted codes or standards of your country (if you have any.)

I was not trying to be oversmart. The very questions you have asked fall under my Job Description as a Code Official/Building Inspector/Plans Examiner/Fire Marshal here in the United States. But since you want to be a Yak's A S S about this, you can take any future questions and stick them up your backside.

And I never thought I would defend LaFireEducator, but he didn't deserve your dung flinging either.

Have a nice time building your 5-star hotel there Gunga Din.
    Last edited by FWDbuff; 06-09-2011 at 12:10 PM.

Forum Member

You can view nfpa standards on line FREE after you register
    It is not an easy view but free

http://www.womensmemorial.org/Visit/register.html

http://www.nfpa.org/aboutthecodes/li..._standards.asp

Forum Member

@FWDbuff:you are right for one thing they had hired the Professionall and engineers.sometimes what happend even they couldn't give the exact answer and to know the exact answer i post it here..
    if the question fall under your very job then why didn't you give me the answer in a politely bcoz i want the answer either there may be
    different answer and i don't want to be Yak's ***
    no need to tell to stick my question on my back i will find the answer any way.
    and i didn't dung for the lafireeducator bcoz he underestimate me thats why i got angry,its simple i wrote you oversmart then you reply with this long page so do i..

Forum Member

@fire49: many thanks for your help..

Forum Member

@FWDbuff:you are right for one thing they had hired the Professionall and engineers.sometimes what happend even they couldn't give the exact answer and to know the exact answer i post it here..
    if the question fall under your very job then why didn't you give me the answer in a politely bcoz i want the answer either there may be
    different answer and i don't want to be Yak's ***
    no need to tell to stick my question on my back i will find the answer any way.
    and i didn't dung for the lafireeducator bcoz he underestimate me thats why i got angry,its simple i wrote you oversmart then you reply with this long page so do i..
    I simply stated that it did not appear that english was your primary language, therefore, you were likley from overseas where our (US) standards would likley not apply.

You need to contact the government agency responsible for this query in your country for the applicable standards, which quite likely may not be NFPA.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by LaFireEducator View Post
    You need to contact the government agency responsible for this query in your country for the applicable standards, which quite likely may not be NFPA.
    I have tried to tell him this here and in several other of his threads, but apparently his english isn't good enough for him to understand this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FWDbuff View Post
    I have tried to tell him this here and in several other of his threads, but apparently his english isn't good enough for him to understand this.
    yes you are right my English is not good enough but what i am trying to say is that there must be a standard height.ok i will ask to my government but in your country there isn't any standard height..?

Forum Member

yes you are right my English is not good enough but what i am trying to say is that there must be a standard height.ok i will ask to my government but in your country there isn't any standard height..?
    Building codes are by state, and sometimes even local.

There is no national building code. NFPA may have a standard, but most likely it is not applied in many places in this country as the local or state code may have a differing requirement.

Thread Information