Forum Member

Default Oral for Ambulance Operator - Southern California

Hello,

I have an oral for an Ambulance Operator position with a Fire Department in Southern California. I have been doing a lot of research about the position and City but still have not been able to really get a feel about the philosophy of the department. I also have a few questions I can't find anywhere on the web. No phone numbers are available for the stations and the only numbers that are listed are for the Chief/Deputy Chief and Battalion Chiefs.

The department is approximately an hour from my house and I don't know if I will be able to make a station visit before my interview due to prior commitments. Is it acceptable to contact them via the phone numbers or is that a no no? Please let me know.

Thank you for your support.

Forum Member

Absolutely NOT! You do not want to do your preparation for your oral interview over the phone. I ran one of the ambulance programs for a southern California fire department (it may even be the one you are applying for). If a candidate called one of the stations to do his "homework" for the interview it would be perceived as the utmost in lazy.
    Make time to visit the station and do your research. You will be flushed out if you do not know about the position and the program.......
    Paul Lepore
    Division Chief
    Aspiringfirefighters.com
    AspiringFireOfficers.com

Forum Member

Thank you for your response. I went with my gut and did not do it. I was able to get up there and receive a lot more information, I believe it paid off in my interview.

Forum Member

Good choice.....
    Paul Lepore
    Division Chief
    Aspiringfirefighters.com
    AspiringFireOfficers.com

Thread Information