Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    Forum Member

Default Inaccuracies on application before interview

Brothers & Sisters,

Here is my dilemma, about a year ago I applied to a full time career department, submitting which at the time I thought was my 10 year current and previous employment history.

Since then I applied to another department that wanted a complete employment history, so to find that out I had to file paper work to get my entire history statement from the Social Security Administration.

After receiving and reading through my papers from the SSA I realized that I had omitted a few jobs that I had very briefly about 6-7 years ago.

Now the real problem is that yesterday I received a letter from the department that I applied to about a year ago for a scheduled interview in a couple weeks from now. So my questions are what should I do about the employment inaccuracies on the application that I submitted? Do I explain at the interview? Wait until a background questionnaire? Contact Human Resources tomorrow morning? Or something else?

I was never fired and left them on good terms, and was not trying to be deceptive. I just want to know the best way to take care of this.

Thanks in advance for the help and responses.
    Stay safe out there.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by MCDivision View Post
    Brothers & Sisters,

Now the real problem is that yesterday I received a letter from the department that I applied to about a year ago for a scheduled interview in a couple weeks from now. So my questions are what should I do about the employment inaccuracies on the application that I submitted? Do I explain at the interview? Wait until a background questionnaire? Contact Human Resources tomorrow morning? Or something else?
    Quote Originally Posted by MCDivision View Post
    Do I explain at the interview?
    No.

Call HR and ask them how you should update your application. If they want an explanation give the reasonable one you gave us here. Shouldn't be a problem. Happens more than you know.
    ______________________________ _______________

"Nothing counts 'til you have the badge . . . Nothing!"

Fire "Captain Bob"

www.eatstress.com

Thread Information