Forum Member

Default Process is moving

Today one of my neighbors received a visit from a detective. Anyone else?

Forum Member

Have heard that several of my references have been contacted either through letter or phone call. Have talked to my detective a few times regarding various things but outside of that not much else going on that I know of.

Forum Member

What are all of you doing to get ready for physical agility test. I have been running and lifting...but not sure if its helping me get ready or not, granted that I make it that far in the first place.

Forum Member

the first time i went through this process i lived in toledo i am currently working out of the state. has anyone went through this process out of state? i am wondering because i am trying to plan on whether or not i will have to fly home to get the results of the background. i remember before they couldnt give it to you over the phone or by mail.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by tinman1984 View Post
    Today one of my neighbors received a visit from a detective. Anyone else?
    A few people from my apartment building said a sherrif or detective stopped by and asked questions. Mentioned to them that they planned on talking to everyone in the building.

Forum Member

Well today is the day that the detective said they are supposed to have the backgrounds done.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by tinman1984 View Post
    Well today is the day that the detective said they are supposed to have the backgrounds done.
    Anyone know how long its supposed to be after they turn their stuff in? I'm guessing with Christmas coming up that they won't have any news for
    us for at least a week or two..

Forum Member

No news here. I Tried to call yesterday and got the answering machine.

Forum Member

they wont do anything for the next 3 or 4 weeks at the earliest. i'm sure contract negotiations and the 3/4% tax situation will delay everything. i don't know for sure or anything but if i had to guess, this first class wouldnt start until spring sometime at the earliest and possibly not til december (because of the 3/4% tax)... again i don't know im just guessing here. i'm just trying to stay patient since things usually are so slow with this process. keep everyone updated if you hear anything.

Forum Member

Just trying to keep this thread alive, I'm sure everyone has heard the rumor of the class being in December. Also the contract negotiations are going on, as the 3/4% tax is due for renewal this November. I'll try not to post anything that's too much of a rumor and try to know it as confirmed before i post anything but as you all probably know that's easier said than done.

Forum Member

agreed that we need to keep the forum alive. I haven't heard anything other than what you stated about the class being started in Dec.

Forum Member

anyone heard anything as of late?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by berg2904 View Post
    anyone heard anything as of late?
    3/4% tax needs to pass Tuesday or there is possibility of 200 layoffs. If it passes and everything goes as planned the rumor is there will still be a class in December. Who knows.

Forum Member

Has anyone heard anything? The tax passed...so hopefully something soon.

Forum Member

Nothing soon, i spoke to a detective the other day and as of now they are still planning on December and he doesn't expect it will be any sooner. Some of the detectives have went back to the streets and the other are working on the police backgrounds. The detective are expected to re-run our backgrounds in the near future since things may have changed.

Forum Member

The latest news I have heard is that they are looming to seat a class of 30 by December 1st, but that they are still trying to push fthe class up. They want to start a class sooner, but it is still up in the air now. I would guess that if they want to have the class start in December, then they would almost for sure have to restart the process no later than mid August in order to be able to have everything done by late november.

Forum Member

Well I hope they hire more than 30. I agree that they have to start early august. I just hope it comes soon.

Forum Member

I dont know how many classes they plan on doing. Im really hoping they do at least one off this list, but 2 would be great. I just hope we hear something soon, just to see the process alive and kicking again. I have a feeling it will all move fairly quick once we are contacted about background results.

Forum Member

Is this your first time through the process? If so, where did you rank on the test if you don't mind?

Forum Member

This is not my first time taking the test, but it is my first time going through the background portion. I was in the top 90 I am hoping that we hear something in the next 3 weeks. I think the last portions of the process could take approximately 3 months to finish, so if the class is scheduled for December 1 then things should start moving by mid to late july.

Forum Member

I have a few friends on the department. If I hear anything, I will for sure post an update.

Forum Member

Backgrounds could be up and running anytime again and I heard although not confirmed that it COULD be before December 1st now. I still doubt it, having been through the whole process before things change on a daily basis.

Forum Member

OH, did you go through this last recent test in 2008? What happened?

Forum Member

Made it to the interview, didn't get called for the phys agility. I was in the 170's last time so I wasn't really where i needed to be on the list.

Forum Member

Just got a call from the PD. Sounds like we just have to sign new releases for the background.

Thread Information