Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Story time!

Default Story time!

I'm not sure if anyone's started a thread like this before or not, but here it is anyway.
    Let's share those stories! Funny calls? Strange calls?
    Firefighting - one of the few professions left that still makes house calls.

Why? It's not like you're going to visit me! But I'm near Waco, Texas

Firehouse doesn't have the bandwidth for mine. But then the majority of mine is on medical calls and no one wants to hear about those since this is a fire website.
    NREMT-P\ Reserve Volunteer Firefighter\Reserve Police Officer
    IACOJ Attack

Experts built the Titanic, amateurs built the Ark.

well, if they're funny, sure!

This should give a few people a laugh. During a heavy rainstorm we had a DUI driver attempt to make it through a section that is prone to heavy flooding. Made it about half way...water midway up the doors. We showed up to get him, and he is sitting on the roof of the car singing the Gilligan Island's theme song. He continued to sing even after we performed the rescue and put him in the ambulance. Possible drugs involved or maybe just a 302 type, but without a doubt one call I'll never forget.
    Last edited by RyanK63; 06-15-2011 at 05:06 PM.
    "If it was easy, someone else would of done it already." - Lt. Ray McCormack FDNY

- Firefighter 1 / HAZMAT Ops / EMT-B

Forum Member

When I was a Junior we were doing some PPV training. This Junior who's family is on the department, and he's been there a long time, was tasked with getting a PPV fan and placing it at the doorway of our burn building (wasn't burning at the time, we did have some common sense) and I was new so I just watched for the first evolution; and he set it down and tried a couple of times to turn it on and failed. So he just left the fan there and went to get another one off a different truck, when he did this I stepped up and turned it on first try. I know he was thinking I was an ***-hole because the entire department staff was there.
    Unit 71 - Probationary Firefighter / First Responder
    Bossier Parish Fire District #1

Quote Originally Posted by 6Duron1 View Post
    When I was a Junior we were doing some PPV training. This Junior who's family is on the department, and he's been there a long time, was tasked with getting a PPV fan and placing it at the doorway of our burn building (wasn't burning at the time, we did have some common sense) and I was new so I just watched for the first evolution; and he set it down and tried a couple of times to turn it on and failed. So he just left the fan there and went to get another one off a different truck, when he did this I stepped up and turned it on first try. I know he was thinking I was an ***-hole because the entire department staff was there.
    That's hilarious! I always laugh when a PPV fan starts, its the funniest thing ever! HAHAHAH PPV FANS HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA HAHAHAHAHH OMG THATS SO FUNNY A PPV FAN STARTING OMG!
    ‎"I was always taught..." Four words impacting fire service education in the most negative of ways. -Bill Carey

Why? It's not like you're going to visit me! But I'm near Waco, Texas

I've been retired for the last five years and did enjoy it. Back in February I had a small electrical fire in my house. I got the kids out and sent them to my parents' house down the street and I went to call 911. I grabbed the cordless phone and dialed those 3 magical numbers. It started ringing as I was going to the garage to switch off the circuit breakers. I'm standing listening to the phone ringing and then suddenly go dead. Then it dawned on me that I just cut power to the cordless phone. D'oh.
    NREMT-P\ Reserve Volunteer Firefighter\Reserve Police Officer
    IACOJ Attack

Experts built the Titanic, amateurs built the Ark.

Quote Originally Posted by RyanEMVFD View Post
    I've been retired for the last five years and did enjoy it. Back in February I had a small electrical fire in my house. I got the kids out and sent them to my parents' house down the street and I went to call 911. I grabbed the cordless phone and dialed those 3 magical numbers. It started ringing as I was going to the garage to switch off the circuit breakers. I'm standing listening to the phone ringing and then suddenly go dead. Then it dawned on me that I just cut power to the cordless phone. D'oh.
    haha I can see myself doing that not thinking.
    "If it was easy, someone else would of done it already." - Lt. Ray McCormack FDNY

- Firefighter 1 / HAZMAT Ops / EMT-B

hahaha... I think we've all had those moments...

Forum Member

We got an EMS call for a good will check on a resident of an apartment. When we were going up the stairs to the apartment room, we could hear this buzzing sound, like something was vibrating on the floor. When we went into the room, we found the occupant........lying on the bed, deceased, with a "pleasure" toy still going on the floor. Those were some great batteries.

Quote Originally Posted by NillinoisFF View Post
    We got an EMS call for a good will check on a resident of an apartment. When we were going up the stairs to the apartment room, we could hear this buzzing sound, like something was vibrating on the floor. When we went into the room, we found the occupant........lying on the bed, deceased, with a "pleasure" toy still going on the floor. Those were some great batteries.
    hahaha... or a really good orgasm!

Thread Information