Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Instructor 1

MembersZone Subscriber

Question Instructor 1

Does anyone know of a good instructor 1 course you can do online? I'm in a proboard state, and when I talked to Texas (because of Training Division.com has one) they said I'd need to test IFSAC Firefighter 1+2 before I could do Instructor 1. I looked around the New England area but no one is offering anything right now. Any Advice?

MembersZone Subscriber

Default fire inst I

The folks in Texas are absolutely correct. You need to have firefighter I and II before going for your instructor. Granted Inst I has nothing to do with the fire service. It has to do with learning, teaching, and instructing adult students. Though you need to have the background before you decide to teach. If you do not have firefighter I and II you will not be qualified to teach

Openfireacademy.com always has classes offered online

Forum Member

Check with your state to see what is required for instructor certification and who gives classes

http://www.mass.gov/?pageID=eopsagen...ices&sid=Eeops

MembersZone Subscriber

I have proboard Firefighter 1+2 just not IFSAC because MA isn't an IFSAC state, i'll just wait around for MFA to post the class again. I just was hoping to get it done while I was out of school for the summer and see if i could fit it between shifts. no worries.

Forum Member

Open Fire Academy has most of the fire service courses online Pro-board. Including the Fire Instructor I.

www.edvancementsolutions.com/open-fire.php

You have to create an account to view the courses that are listed for enrollment.

Forum Member

Default online courses

Quote Originally Posted by philfirerescue View Post
    Does anyone know of a good instructor 1 course you can do online? I'm in a proboard state, and when I talked to Texas (because of Training Division.com has one) they said I'd need to test IFSAC Firefighter 1+2 before I could do Instructor 1. I looked around the New England area but no one is offering anything right now. Any Advice?
    Open Fire Academy has most of the fire service courses online Pro-board. Including the Fire Instructor I.

http://www.edvancementsolutions.com/open-fire.php

You have to create an account to view the courses that are listed for enrollment.

Forum Member

Default Open Fire Academy/Training Division

For the Open Fire Academy courses, do you have to make a trip to their site for testing, just like Training Division?

Has anyone taken classes from either of these groups before? Are they "squared away"?

Thanks,
    Echelonff
    Last edited by echelonff; 07-27-2011 at 02:43 PM. Reason: added the "y" in they- typo

Forum Member

Default Instructor 1

Hey philfirerescue ,
    have you completed firefighter I and II.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by Bessie11 View Post
    Hey philfirerescue ,
    have you completed firefighter I and II.
    yes i have both

i got a link from Firedawg with Open Fire Academy. I'll be checking that out soon. If anyone has any other suggestions I'm open

MembersZone Subscriber

I also want to know if any of these classes can be done completly online

Thread Information