Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by VinnieB View Post
    Who cares, what's the point of this thread?
    Vinnie, he is a troll, he started it to get his kicks, since he isn't a fireman and probably will never be one. Its like the guy who sets fires and then hangs around to see the fire trucks come and fight the fire. They get off some way!
    Stay Safe and Well Out There....

Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaptOldTimer View Post
    Vinnie, he is a troll, he started it to get his kicks, since he isn't a fireman and probably will never be one. Its like the guy who sets fires and then hangs around to see the fire trucks come and fight the fire. They get off some way!
    Mhmmm.. You are so right.. Not really though. My DPSST records show I'm with a fire department... My EMT also tells me I have to be affiliated with a department to use the skills? So unless I've created my own department and I'm chief, then I believe I'm with a fire department. Have been with the fire service since I was 16. When I was 17, I graduated high school joined the Navy. Became a corpsman, was stationed with the mighty 3/7, 3rd Battalion 7th Marines. I was in Al Qaim area—in western Al Anbar Province, basically fighting off pockets of ants that where coming over from Syrian border. I was giving an Honorable discharge in 2010 for reason that I don't want to discuss. It's medical. Joined up with my local fire department. Got on this website, and got real ****ed, and made myself look like an ***... I AM NOT A TROLL.

MembersZone Subscriber

‎"I was always taught..." Four words impacting fire service education in the most negative of ways. -Bill Carey

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by skylarmorris89 View Post
    Mhmmm.. You are so right.. Not really though. My DPSST records show I'm with a fire department... My EMT also tells me I have to be affiliated with a department to use the skills? So unless I've created my own department and I'm chief, then I believe I'm with a fire department. Have been with the fire service since I was 16. When I was 17, I graduated high school joined the Navy. Became a corpsman, was stationed with the mighty 3/7, 3rd Battalion 7th Marines. I was in Al Qaim area—in western Al Anbar Province, basically fighting off pockets of ants that where coming over from Syrian border. I was giving an Honorable discharge in 2010 for reason that I don't want to discuss. It's medical. Joined up with my local fire department. Got on this website, and got real ****ed, and made myself look like an ***... I AM NOT A TROLL.

Skylar,
    I don't believe that you could have made it through USMCRD.

Stop the bs'ing kid.
    Stay Safe and Well Out There....

Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

Forum Member

Cool....I was the presidents personnal pizza chef and served in the 13-69th combat mess battalion under Capt Crunch and Col Sanders.

3/7....al-Qiam...route silver from Qiam to Akashat then on to KV....or you could have taken Michigan back to Chow Asad...or just continue on past Ar-Rutbah and press on to POE Waleed......
    IACOJ Member

MembersZone Subscriber

What this kid is trying to say is he is a veteran of the Call of Duty Wars. Too many nights eating hot pockets and drinking redbulls so he can prestige has worn his patience thin. You'll never feel the pain he felt as his avatars were shredded by rounds. You'll never know what it's like when you just want some pizza rolls but mom is at work and you'd have to get up yourself. Life is hard after you return from war, people are cruel. They labeled him "avatar killer" and spit on his controller. He once saved his xbox live buddy whose avatar seemed middle eastern (or russian, who knows, school is for mean heads) only to be denied service at his 7-11 for smelling too bad.

All he wants is a little respect for all the time he spent sitting on his couch, eating cheetos, and defending your digital freedom.
    ‎"I was always taught..." Four words impacting fire service education in the most negative of ways. -Bill Carey

Forum Member

Removed by Moderator
    Last edited by webteam; 06-17-2011 at 03:38 PM. Reason: Language, Threats

MembersZone Subscriber

lol, in Nicholson? no, sorry. It's a major avenue here though, and unfortunately I do not live in nor on it. Same city though, you're very close. Only worked 3 departments, still at one and volunteer at another and good terms with the first one as its a neighbor of my volunteer. I have nothing to hide for I do not lie, feel free to do what you must but please get your information straight, Nicholson is way too busy of a road to build houses on.

Kind of makes me regret redacting your information. I enjoyed watching your self destruction though. Can't wait for your apologies/departure/banning.

Administrator

Let's keep this on topic, and tone down the language.

Threats against other members, and posting of personal information is strictly against the forum rules.

It will not be tolerated by any party.

___
    Josh
    Firehouse Administration

Forum Member
    Why? It's not like you're going to visit me! But I'm near Waco, Texas

I've only been to two fires this year. One was my own house back in February and then one last Monday morning just 15 hours after I rejoined my old volunteer fire department.
    NREMT-P\ Reserve Volunteer Firefighter\Reserve Police Officer
    IACOJ Attack

Experts built the Titanic, amateurs built the Ark.

Forum Member

Sorry to hear that. Generally ones outlook is changed once jobs hit close to home...or in your own home. Chances are if the OP or anyone who Has been truly humbled by fire like you have been, then dumb topics like this would not exist.

.....basically, be careful what you wish for. Personally, I could careless if I ever go to another fire ever again. People get hurt, they loose all their worldly possessions some of which can not be replaced, we get hurt and all too often killed....think about that the next time you are In The street high fiving and saying "this is cool", " great fire"....f that nonsense. I'll be ready for when another fire happens, but I sure ain't gunna hope for one. Besides this job is about the members and doing the right thing....go to work, have fun, but stay safe and work safe. Have a good meal, unless it's the engines month, have a few laughs....a few belly laughs and go home in the same condition you arrived at work in.
    Last edited by VinnieB; 06-17-2011 at 04:01 PM.
    IACOJ Member

Forum Member

Removed by Moderator
    Even the burger-flippers at McDonald's probably have some McWackers.

Forum Member
    Why? It's not like you're going to visit me! But I'm near Waco, Texas

Sorry to hear that. Generally ones outlook is changed once jobs hit close to home...or in your own home. Chances are if the OP or anyone who Has been truly humbled by fire like you have been, then dumb topics like this would not exist.

.....basically, be careful what you wish for. Personally, I could careless if I ever go to another fire ever again. People get hurt, they loose all their worldly possessions some of which can not be replaced, we get hurt and all too often killed....think about that the next time you are In The street high fiving and saying "this is cool", " great fire"....f that nonsense. I'll be ready for when another fire happens, but I sure ain't gunna hope for one. Besides this job is about the members and doing the right thing....go to work, have fun, but stay safe and work safe. Have a good meal, unless it's the engines month, have a few laughs....a few belly laughs and go home in the same condition you arrived at work in.
    Thanks and I agree wholeheartedly, having what ended up being a small fire in my house this year and then my parents' house burning down in 2008 has really opened my eyes as to what people go through when they have a fire. And I say mine was a small fire but we were out of the house for 2.5 months. So really there is no such thing as a small fire.

I would love to say that I will never have to put on turnout gear,
    I would love to say that I will never have to put on medical gloves,
    I would love to say that I will never open another nozzle,
    I would love to say that I will never have to do chest compressions,
    I would love to say that I will never have to run lights and sirens again,
    but this isn't the perfect world we would love to live in.
    NREMT-P\ Reserve Volunteer Firefighter\Reserve Police Officer
    IACOJ Attack

Experts built the Titanic, amateurs built the Ark.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by HuntPA View Post
    Barn full of cows 0230 Monday morning.
    Ah that must have been horrible! Smelling that **** burning One time we were called for a mutual aid for manpower because a couple of acres caught on fire, which lead to some horse stables being burnt. EWWWW
    Benton Fire District Four
    Ladder One
    First Due!

Caddo Parish Fire District 1
    Career Firefighter/Paramedic

When things get rough, just say:
    Acabo de perder cinco minutos de su vida.

Forum Member

Great post.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BigGriffC12 View Post
    Lucky...We do about 1 a month..I have a friend down your way..Clinton FD..they do alot of work too..makes me want to move down there..
    Who? I am the Asst. Chief there....we went to one last night but thanks to our multi-million dollar joke of a new Radio System I didnt get the page and missed it...oh well, not like there won't be more.

Forum Member

Man... Probably Not one yet this year. Its almost never this dry, but I don't know what happened. Thank God though, Houses around here are a deathtrap!

Forum Member

My first (and only one so far in two years) was May 8th. We went to the next town over as mutual aid for a single-story residence. House was a complete loss.

Forum Member

21 June 2011

Single Sector Residential Structure fire started in the basement. I was Search and Rescue.

Four Fire Departments involved and Fire Investigation.
    Do not let the ghosts of our fallen brothers gaze upon you and ask " What have you done to my profession?" FTB DTRT EGH

MembersZone Subscriber

june 21-

call came in at 11pm, we were in quarters by 7pm the following evening

June 14-

Forum Member

yesterday.

Forum Member

Wow! Awesome pics tajm!
    Firefighting - one of the few professions left that still makes house calls.

Forum Member

had 2 structure fires this week one yesterday an one today an some lightining struck a tree an started some haybales up in a tree line yesterday also, loving the 6wheeler we have for calls like that haha grass rig could have made it but didnt want to chance getting it stuck in the soaked farm field

Forum Member

Been a busy year for us; last one was tough - fatal that hit close to home. Daughter of the Captain on the first-in truck...

http://www.simcoe.com/news/article/1...ne-firefighter

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by OntFF221 View Post
    Been a busy year for us; last one was tough - fatal that hit close to home. Daughter of the Captain on the first-in truck...

http://www.simcoe.com/news/article/1...ne-firefighter
    That's exactly why I hate to hear firefighters talking about how they want a fire, or they can't wait for another fire.

Most of us with experience know that the next fire could be very close to home - especially in a small town.
    Last edited by LaFireEducator; 06-24-2011 at 02:41 PM.
    Train to fight the fires you fight.

Thread Information