Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Bothell, WA - Entry level FF

Just received the email from NTN and noticed the posting on Craigslist.
    More info here:
    http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/gov/2442777264.html

http://www.ci.bothell.wa.us/cityserv...ms.ashx?p=1287

Forum Member

Thanks for posting this.

Bothell is a nice area with a relatively stable economy.

They are looking to expand via annexations in this fall's elections; if they do they would be taking response areas from three neighboring departments (mine included) and will certainly need to hire. They're currently working on interlocal agreements to take on lost positions...not sure how that is going to pan out down the road. It's all dependent on the annexation(s).

Forum Member

Anyone know how many Bothell is hiring or when exactly they will be? Sounds like the fall. Wonder if they will pick up lateral, entry-level or a combination of the two. Tough to find out much information, maybe someone has an inside perspective. Thanks.

No clue on the number they might hire but from the city website it closes next week:

Testing dates: June 15, 2011—July 13, 2011

To be included in this testing process you must have tested through NTN and completed the written exam and CPAT by 5:00 PM on July 13, 2011.

We will accept CPATs administered through other jurisdictions. All CPATs must have been taken within the past 6 months (since Jan. 13, 2011).

Interviews will be held the week of August 22, 2011—August 26, 2011.

Forum Member

Well I've taken the NTN test and recently completed the CPAT as well. I really hope to receive that call for an oral board. I have heard great things about Bothell's Fire Department. Best of luck and thank you for that additional information.

Forum Member

I'm headed to the CPAT tomorrow. I had previously competed it back in November. I guess they don't trust that I'm still in shape!

yep, refreshing my CPAT card today.

Forum Member

Talked to HR yesterday and was told that they would be pulling the top 40 off NTN! I as well am off to renew my 7 month old CPAT! another $125! Good luck to all!

Forum Member

Top 40 huh. Wonder how many people are applying to Bothell. My scores are not outrageous by any means, but def not terrible. Thanks for sharing that HR info.

Forum Member

Top 40 is harsh. I barely missed the cut in Renton and they took 70. I hope far fewer apply.

Forum Member

i wish i was recovered from surgery in time.. that is a good area to work

Forum Member

Anyone heard anything yet in regards to the oral interview?

Forum Member

I haven't heard anything, but again, I didn't even make Renton's list. I don't expect to get a call.

Forum Member

506 ppl....top 40 will be tough!!

KTF
    Forum Member

No word yet. Made rentons list, hoping to make this one
    Last edited by Hawaii44; 07-20-2011 at 12:22 AM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FIREHIREWA View Post
    Talked to HR yesterday and was told that they would be pulling the top 40 off NTN! I as well am off to renew my 7 month old CPAT! another $125! Good luck to all!
    Well I believed what I read on this forum that they were only pulling top 40 and since I barely made the top 75 with Renton and didn't really have time I chose not to get my CPAT updated until today (for another dept.). Today, Bothell HR called me today to check to make sure my CPAT hadn't been renewed and stated they took the top 85 scores from NTN. Good luck to all that move on sounds like calls will go out soon.

Forum Member

I just got my letter asking me to submit a resume and cover letter. That's a bit different of an approach than I'm used to - but I like it.

I was worried my test score wouldn't quite get me there, so I'm pretty ecstatic.

Good luck everyone.

KTF
    Forum Member

Same here. Only the top 40 are moving on to oral boards though, wonder if there gonna use the resumes and experience to eliminate people or only go off scores. I'm excited though! Good luck to everyone. Any word on how many their gonna hire?

Forum Member

I got my email today as well I have already completed the application and submited it. From what I understand is that they are establishing a list for the fact in case they dont get take on any of the guys from the station they are absorbing.....

Forum Member

Fire District 1 is going to place an injunction on the annexation attempt in the event it passes. Could hold things up in court for a few years.

District 7's administration has an interlocal agreement in place for coverage and co-manning of Station 73, and eventually absorption of displaced positions. This would be dependent on the annexation attempt going through without the aforementioned legal opposition.

From what I've heard, Bothell has a lot of senior firefighters and officers who are set to retire in the next 10 years. It will be interesting to see how the legal parameters play out. There is a House Bill (I forget which one at the moment) which requires departments to establish a 3 year list for all displaced IAFF firefighters. In the event they DO hire, they must hire off that list.

Bothell might be trying to squeeze in a few hires before this happens...who knows. They do not play well with others, unfortunately.

Thread Information