Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
Closed Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

‎"I was always taught..." Four words impacting fire service education in the most negative of ways. -Bill Carey

Quote Originally Posted by ChiefKN View Post
    Really? You guys feel you need to argue with him?

Wow.
    Just exposing him for the hypocrite, fraud and buffoon he is.
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

MembersZone Subscriber voyager9's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LaFireEducator View Post
    there is very little communication between the north and the the south end.
    Too... Many... Jokes...
    So you call this your free country
    Tell me why it costs so much to live
    -3dd

Booby's RIT Class:

"Lawn Chairs: Should be folding, lightweight for easy carrying, and made of durable material due to long periods of sitting in."

"Awnings: Foldable/portable, for easy stowing on apparatus. Should be a material resistant to sun and rain."

"Stokes Basket: Needs to hold plenty of ice and drinks."

(Question from student in audience: "Shouldnt it be able to hold tools and equipment for the RIT team as they walk to the scene, and a firefighter if there is a problem?"

Booby: "What are you crazy? No one's going near the building. But if you insist, ok, the stokes basket should be able to hold a lawn mower and a trimmer, after all we want the front yard to look good for us.")

How in the hell does someone teach a RIT class if they are a coward yard breather?
    "Loyalty Above all Else. Except Honor."

Really?

I guess all the guys that instruct here can't do it, right?
    If you are any indication as to the quality and experience of the other instructors, then I am going to go out on a limb here and say, "No. They cannot."

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FWDbuff View Post
    If you are any indication as to the quality and experience of the other instructors, then I am going to go out on a limb here and say, "No. They cannot."
    By here I was referring to some of the guys "here" on firehouse that instruct and that post how big and bad they are.

I could make a comment about your reading comprehension abilities but I'll take a pass on it this time.
    Train to fight the fires you fight.

Forum Member

Booby's RIT Class:

"Lawn Chairs: Should be folding, lightweight for easy carrying, and made of durable material due to long periods of sitting in."

"Awnings: Foldable/portable, for easy stowing on apparatus. Should be a material resistant to sun and rain."

"Stokes Basket: Needs to hold plenty of ice and drinks."

(Question from student in audience: "Shouldnt it be able to hold tools and equipment for the RIT team as they walk to the scene, and a firefighter if there is a problem?"

Booby: "What are you crazy? No one's going near the building. But if you insist, ok, the stokes basket should be able to hold a lawn mower and a trimmer, after all we want the front yard to look good for us.")

How in the hell does someone teach a RIT class if they are a coward yard breather?
    Good question.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DeputyChiefGonzo View Post
    Just exposing him for the hypocrite, fraud and buffoon he is.
    Ya, just keep going with that line.

Ya, just keep going with that line.
    I will..because it works and it is truth and truth will set one free...
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Forum Member

I will..because it works and it is truth and truth will set one free...
    Funny as most folks who have worked/served with me wouldn't agree, but never let the truth stand in the way of a good insult.

I could make a comment about your reading comprehension abilities but I'll take a pass on it this time.
    And I in return could take a few shots at your sentence structure, punctuation, grammar and constant spelling mistakes; all the while you claim to be a credentialed teacher.......But I'll pass, it would be way too ****ing easy.

Forum Member

And I in return could take a few shots at your sentence structure, punctuation, grammar and constant spelling mistakes; all the while you claim to be a credentialed teacher.......But I'll pass, it would be way too ****ing easy.
    By the way, I thought you had me on ignore.

If not, please do.

Funny as most folks who have worked/served with me wouldn't agree, but never let the truth stand in the way of a good insult.
    The truth hurts, doesn't it?

By the way, I thought you had me on ignore.

If not, please do.
    Why would we do that? Then we wouldn't know what bovine scat you are pawning of as "training and education" to an unsuspecting FD, would we?
    Last edited by DeputyChiefGonzo; 06-23-2011 at 01:24 PM.
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Forum Member

The truth hurts, doesn't it?

Why would we do that? Then we wouldn't know what bovine scat you are pawning of as "training and education" to an unsuspecting FD, would we?
    Nope, doesn't hurt at all because it's not the truth.

And as far as unsuspecting FDs, you worry about your little corner of the world, and I'll worry about mine.

In the long run it really doesn't matter as I'll never teach in MA or PA, and you'll never take a class in LA.

Which reminds me, I need to put in my application for an instructor at the NFA.
    Last edited by LaFireEducator; 06-23-2011 at 01:54 PM.

Which reminds me, I need to put in my application for an instructor at the NFA.
    I hope the NFA does a full background check and review of your posts here...
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Forum Member

Wouldn't be a problem as all I advocate for is firefighter safety and putting firefighters as the priority, all the time as well as the preservation of the volunteer fire service, and reduction of career staffing, whenever possible.

Nothing radical about that.
    Last edited by LaFireEducator; 06-23-2011 at 03:06 PM.

what about disregard for a human life because you are not on the clock?

or your obvious contradiction of your "classes" being "full" and/or "packed"?

or your desire to ruin a thread dedicated to the life and memory of a fallen brother by trying to start ****?

I could go on for days...
    ‎"I was always taught..." Four words impacting fire service education in the most negative of ways. -Bill Carey

Wouldn't be a problem as all I advocate for is firefighter safety and putting firefighters as the priority, all the time as well as the preservation of the volunteer fire service, and reduction of career staffing, whenever possible.

Nothing radical about that.

Nothing radical about tossing someone out of their chosen profession while collecting a paycheck from the fire service?

Funk and Wangnalls, Mirriam Webster and other dictionary publishers should put your
    picture next to the definition of hypocrite.

PS: you forgot to mention your cowardice, lack of brotherhood, lack of compassion...

Frankly, Bobby... I do not see you as NFA material...
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Hey, I seen some up there back in the late 1980's that shouldn't ever sat foot on the property.

I think they have a better procedure now days to select on site instructors.

I did some instructing in EMI for about two years.
    Stay Safe and Well Out There....

Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by tajm611 View Post
    what about disregard for a human life because you are not on the clock?

With no legal duty to act. Not only was I not on the clock but I would not have had the PPE, tools and equipment to safely operate, and as we all know, our safety is always paramount at any incident, on duty or off.I beleive that is what most credble fire training associations, groups, etc are teaching now, including LSU.

And by the way, the NFA is the home of the NFFF, who beleives that "Everyone Goes Home".

or your obvious contradiction of your "classes" being "full" and/or "packed"?

I have a room that can hold 200. I set up 40 chairs. 35 people attend. The class is full because I antcipated about 40 people, but the room is certainly not packed. I anticipate and plan for about 20 students for a RIT class. I get 17 or 18. Yes, the class is full, which is what I stated. I just reviewed my posts on this subject. Again, quote where I said my classes were packed.I'll be waiting.

or your desire to ruin a thread dedicated to the life and memory of a fallen brother by trying to start ****?

I simply stated that I use that incident to demonstrate the hazards of small box stores. And I mention the fatalities of other firtefighters in similiar buildings and what can happen to the students if they operate in them.
    I could go on for days...
    Ya, you could twist things and type them out of context for days I'm sure.
    Last edited by LaFireEducator; 06-23-2011 at 04:23 PM.

Thread Information