Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Bravoman
  • 1 Post By dieseldinosaur
  • 1 Post By yjbrody

Thread: CPAT and FireTEAM

Forum Member

Default CPAT and FireTEAM

I live in Florida and there isn't a lot of hiring going on right now. So I been looking to go national and all the out of state jobs I see require CPAT. The problem is I don't know how to sign-up for the CPAT. I live in Broward county. I tried to register for one in West Palm Beach but, there is nothing on the website. I call and leave a message and... nothing. I'm a EMT/FF looking to get these two certs before paramedic starts in August.

I heard the actual test is hard but, it can't possibly be harder than trying to sign-up for the test. I need help signing up for the CPAT. If anybody remembers how they signed up in Florida and could tell me that would be great.
    KTung954 likes this.

MembersZone Subscriber

http://www.nationaltestingnetwork.com/ntn_location.cfm

Try this place. Never tested with them but they are in many states you can travel to.

Forum Member

question about this - if you take the CPAT in one state, can it apply to other out of state jobs? If so, how long is it applicable for?

MembersZone Subscriber

As long it says they take Cpat. I took my Cpat in CT and used it for Atlanta as they use Cpat. That said I can't use it for Massachusetts as they have their own physical test. You can google depts that use Cpat and apply. I am not sure on how new/old it has to be...different places require different dates on it.

Forum Member

Default cpat

Look on the city of Boca Raton's website. They offer the CPAT.
    KTung954 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by iamjesse View Post
    question about this - if you take the CPAT in one state, can it apply to other out of state jobs? If so, how long is it applicable for?
    It's usually only good for one year and most of the time you can apply it out of state.
    KTung954 likes this.
    Nothing is as unimpressive as someone who is unwilling to learn.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by bbell1977 View Post
    As long it says they take Cpat. I took my Cpat in CT and used it for Atlanta as they use Cpat. That said I can't use it for Massachusetts as they have their own physical test. You can google depts that use Cpat and apply. I am not sure on how new/old it has to be...different places require different dates on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by yjbrody View Post
    It's usually only good for one year and most of the time you can apply it out of state.
    Thanks guys... good info to know!

Thread Information