Forum Member

Thumbs up Europe firefighting, ride-alongs, job opportunities....

I am a professional firefighter in NY. I am curious about firefighting jobs in europe. I will be able to retire when i am 43, however i am sure i will stay on many years after that. But when i do retire, what types of job opportunities are there in Europe for firefighting jobs? I amnot talking "line" specific jobs. Just training or educating or even some type of fire prevention. Does anyone have any stories of people who have retired from being a professional firefighter and was able to travel to Europe to give seminars or education or even firefighting? Also, i do travel to Europe relatively frequently (Italy, France... hopefully the UK and Ireland soon) and i was wondering what the thoughts on ride-alongs are. PLEASE HELP!

RLW
    MembersZone Subscriber

There is a group of Belgians that came out here for 7 days to ride along with us, and from what they were telling me, they and most other european FFs always welcome americans for ride alongs. Im sure you would have to contact them in advance, fill out waivers, etc. and not be able to assist in any kind of fireground functions, but who knows, its all about who you talk to. As far as jobs in Europe go, i havent a clue, but I would be interested in finding out as well. There are a couple websites dedicated to expats that may be better than on here. good luck

Thread Information