Forum Member

I'm not talking about calling it idiot, can you fix all of your comm? Doubt it.

I love the Marine Corps, but damn, I don't have to say extra moto **** like you just to get my dick up in life.

I'm satisfied knowing that the grunts I know aren't nearly as moto as you nor as degrading. They actually appreciate the job we do.

Just curious, what rank did you leave at and why 16 years?

I would continue these lovely words of wit with you, but I have college work to finish. See ya round MOTO.
    Last edited by firefightinirish217; 06-27-2011 at 10:20 PM.

Forum Member

You should have kept your original post...it was much more entertaining boot. If you knew you *** from your elbow you would know you can't stay in as a Sgt at 16 Years, there is a thing called higher tenure. As for comm it's easy to fix, only thing I can't have is the czy. The rest of your job is cake, since it's all common tasks for grunts and any infantry leader will ensure his Marines know how to work and troubleshoot comm. You are not te saviors you think you are. I also question you experience, for you would know how Battalion works with their comm shack. Most of the ROs are organic in the infantry company....0311s who learn the trade and the Bn comm geek is ther as support and acts as the COs RO unless he's a bag and in that case becomes the Co Guns project. Also, last I checked there were no grunts in "have not" NC, MCAS Cherry Point.... You about an hour away from the nearest infinity battalion in MCB CLNC. Keep reaching...schools out for now....maybe it's time for you to head out to SGTs course...you might learn something.

BtW, who said I was out?

BTW, who said I was out?
    Last edited by VinnieB; 06-27-2011 at 10:52 PM.
    IACOJ Member

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by VinnieB View Post
    You should have kept your original post...it was much more entertaining boot. If you knew you *** from your elbow you would know you can't stay in as a Sgt at 16 Years, there is a thing called higher tenure. As for comm it's easy to fix, only thing I can't have is the czy. The rest of your job is cake, since it's all common tasks for grunts and any infantry leader will ensure his Marines know how to work and troubleshoot comm. You are not te saviors you think you are. I also question you experience, for you would know how Battalion works with their comm shack. Most of the ROs are organic in the infantry company....0311s who learn the trade and the Bn comm geek is ther as support and acts as the COs RO unless he's a bag and in that case becomes the Co Guns project. Also, last I checked there were no grunts in "have not" NC, MCAS Cherry Point.... You about an hour away from the nearest infinity battalion in MCB CLNC. Keep reaching...schools out for now....maybe it's time for you to head out to SGTs course...you might learn something.

BtW, who said I was out?

BTW, who said I was out?
    Hmmm, I had grunts in my Cpl's course and close to our billeting as well in Iraq assumer, there's that batch of friends. Also the friends I made while at the stumps as well. No **** there are no grunts here. Never said there were.

So if you're so good at fixing comm how do you replace a transistor that's gone bad in your radio?

I'm not in a battalion genius, keyword, airwing. What do we run up here? Got schooled yourself. I know about higher tenure, we have a Sgt coming up on it right now. If he gets passed up for staff one more time he's done. I was just wondering if you were one of those special ones that actually lost staff maybe, I could see why. If you're still active, I'm sure your guys just love you.

What, you think that if you tell me your an active duty staff that scares me? There's no rank here, you're not my staff. I don't know you, for all I know you're an Army boy. Hell, earlier you made a reference to NY as if you live there. No infantry there, except maybe tampons. Is that what you are, are you a tampon? That explains a lot. Or, I bet you're a recruiter that lies out of his *** to recruit kids. If you're in NY it's one of those two. Good luck on picking up Gunney if you're still a SSgt. You're a little behind man.

But serioulsy man, this whole discussion of going back and forth, it really is a bore. Go home to your girlfriend, wife, dog, whatever, and get laid and chill. I'll call truce if you call truce. Otherwise, you're gonna be talkin' to an empty board. Degrade me all you want. I have enough friends on here that know otherwise. Have fun.
    Last edited by firefightinirish217; 06-27-2011 at 11:26 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by firefightinirish217 View Post
    What, you think that if you tell me your an active duty staff that scares me? There's no rank here, you're not my staff. I don't know you, for all I know you're an Army boy. Hell, earlier you made a reference to NY as if you live there. No infantry there, except maybe tampons. Is that what you are, are you a tampon? That explains a lot. Or, I bet you're a recruiter that lies out of his *** to recruit kids. If you're in NY it's one of those two. Good luck on picking up Gunney if you're still a SSgt. You're a little behind man.
    As if he lives there?.......

Ginger,

You have a pathetic track record of getting hurt feelings when New Yorkers on here bust your cojones. One suggestion, stay out of NYC, you'll continue to get eaten up and spit out! You need to get over your glaring insecurities, or at least learn to hide them, YOUR A ****ING TARGET!!! and you will be picked at mercilessly.

Of the many tantrums you've had on here, the root is usually over your ignorance to one obvious thing or another, things you SHOULD know. You don't seem to comprehend these things until you've typed out novel-long melt downs and made an absolute spectacle of yourself. Whether it's this convo highlighting some of your ignorance' regarding the marines, or it's your strange ignorance to the basics of firefighting, despite 7 or however many years otj at your beloved Dalton FD (that we always get to hear about). I can remember that I and many others have had to school you in the past.

You won't hear Vinnie talking about what dept. he's from, he doesn't have to convince anyone, or talk about where he's from. He's from a little dept. you may have heard of............... called the FDNY.

Yes, that's right, in answer to your remark, Vinnie is definitely from New York. The same New York with that 1% fail rate in the core. Good heritage.
    Last edited by Firehouse_Chick; 06-28-2011 at 12:17 PM.

Forum Member
    Why? It's not like you're going to visit me! But I'm near Waco, Texas

I'm human and I think my parents were humans.
    NREMT-P\ Reserve Volunteer Firefighter\Reserve Police Officer
    IACOJ Attack

Experts built the Titanic, amateurs built the Ark.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by RyanEMVFD View Post
    I'm human and I think my parents were humans.
    I don't know which one I like better...this or Jonny's "I'm Texan.."
    IACOJ Member

Forum Member

My grandfather is from Guatemala on my mom's side. My grandmother on mom's side heritage stayed around mississippi since early 1800's. Dad's side is from Wales and on his mom's side there is some Creek Indian.

Forum Member

[QUOTE=Firehouse_Chick;1279443]As if he lives there?.......Ginger, One suggestion, stay out of NYC, you'll continue to get eaten up and spit out!/[QUOTE]

I can't even get up to D.C. without being eaten up and spit out. LSU hat and southern accent will only get you so far north. haha.
    Last edited by Axehandle; 06-28-2011 at 04:43 PM.

Let's talk fire trucks!

Quote Originally Posted by Firehouse_Chick View Post
    Yes, that's right, in answer to your remark, Vinnie is definitely from New York. The same New York with that 1% fail rate in the core.
    The Marine Corps?
    Career Fire Captain
    Volunteer Chief Officer

Never taking for granted that I'm privileged enough to have the greatest job in the world!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BoxAlarm187 View Post
    The Marine Corps?
    outf*ckingstanding!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Firehouse_Chick View Post
    As if he lives there?.......

Ginger,

Ouch, I've never heard that one before. How old are you 16?

You have a pathetic track record of getting hurt feelings when New Yorkers on here bust your cojones. One suggestion, stay out of NYC, you'll continue to get eaten up and spit out! You need to get over your glaring insecurities, or at least learn to hide them, YOUR A ****ING TARGET!!! and you will be picked at mercilessly.
    Nope, just your pathetic trolling *** and him since he got so butthurt about me calling him a motard. Go back and read stupid and you'll see who got *** hurt first.

Of the many tantrums you've had on here, the root is usually over your ignorance to one obvious thing or another, things you SHOULD know. You don't seem to comprehend these things until you've typed out novel-long melt downs and made an absolute spectacle of yourself. Whether it's this convo highlighting some of your ignorance' regarding the marines, or it's your strange ignorance to the basics of firefighting, despite 7 or however many years otj at your beloved Dalton FD (that we always get to hear about). I can remember that I and many others have had to school you in the past.
    Tantrums huh? Pot calling the kettle black, as evidenced by this post. Maybe you should grow out of your diapers first firehousewhore.

I wasn't schooled here. Show me where I was scooled dip ****. I have mentioned DAlton very little. Apparently I've made an impression on you since you continue to stalk me and remember all of these details about me.

You won't hear Vinnie talking about what dept. he's from, he doesn't have to convince anyone, or talk about where he's from. He's from a little dept. you may have heard of............... called the FDNY.
    Is this true Vinnie? One of you are talling a lie. I find it hard to believe you got hired on with FDNY after 16 years in the Corps as that would put you well past the cut off age at FDNY of 29. Even if you enlisted at 17 that would put you at 33 when you EAS'd, retired, or got kicked out which ever.

firehousebitch, you just got schooled.

Yes, that's right, in answer to your remark, Vinnie is definitely from New York. The same New York with that 1% fail rate in the core. Good heritage.
    If you were trying to spell Corps, as in Marine Corps, you missed a couple of letters and added one that doesn't belong. Oh, and answers go to questions, not a remarks you dumb *** troll. I'm not really sure what the whole fail rate thing was about, but anyway.
    Last edited by firefightinirish217; 06-28-2011 at 10:14 PM.

Back In Black

I find it hard to believe you got hired on with FDNY after 16 years in the Corps as that would put you well past the cut off age at FDNY of 29. Even if you enlisted at 17 that would put you at 33 when you EAS'd, retired, or got kicked out which ever.
    I don't think the cut off is 29.

39?
    I am now a past chief and the views, opinions, and comments are mine and mine alone. I do not speak for any department or in any official capacity. Although, they would be smart to listen to me.

"The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it's still on the list."

"When tempted to fight fire with fire, remember that the Fire Department usually uses water."

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChiefKN View Post
    I don't think the cut off is 29.

39?
    They just passed raising the age cutoff to 35 in May, so unless he got hired with the FDNY after June 1st, when the new regulation takes effect, then yes, the cutoff age was 29.

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/dai...ly+Politics%29

Forum Member

O.

Is this true Vinnie? One of you are talling a lie. I find it hard to believe you got hired on with FDNY after 16 years in the Corps as that would put you well past the cut off age at FDNY of 29. Even if you enlisted at 17 that would put you at 33 when you EAS'd, retired, or got kicked out which ever.
    I was going to let this ride I had my laugh, but since I have a few mins at work I'll entertain myself so more....I took my meds so I am in a good mod.

School is in session punk, pull up a chair...

March 13, 1995 I enlisted, I was first a Flight Mech on KC-130s, none other then,,,,MCAS Cherry Point VMGRT-253, my barracks was 4199 a short distance from the Dariy Queen (if its still there) It was one of the Q Squadrons iirc...maybe VMOQ-4..anyway I went on in my career and ended up going in the the Active Reserve Program until my MOS was eliminated at which point I lat moved into the Infantry. Deployed to Bosnia(Aviano ops area) in and out of the zone there, then ONW in Turkey, Kosovo, then Afghanistan 2002 then Iraq in 2008 and 2009. Thats the ultra short version.

In 1992 I started as a vollie, then stuck with it even after becoming a career guy in 2005. I also worked EMS here in NYC first in the private 911 hospitals then for the FDNY in 2003. I EASd from active duty...actiually went on terminal July 21st 2001, and went full time as an EMT in NYC. I survived both collapses of the trade center, but lost my old partner(who we found and had the unplesent task of ID'ing her) and an uncle who was a fireman. In January I was title 10 recalled and placed back on AD. Did my deployment and then released again, dropped back into the IRR then was stoplossed. Durning my AR time, I ended up in NY where I started working as a perdiem EMT in the city on weekends until the time frame stated above...became a fireman in 2005....and yes I am still a vollie...but not as active as I once was...never the less I make my 25%...most of the time. I am in the reserves now, and I am an Infantry Plt Sgt...(Infantry Unit Leader to be precise) 0369, I am a SNCO...and selected for my next grade....all in due time. Which is a feat in itself these days with all the down sizing. The infantry is stacked right now and they are trimming all the fat, of which I have nothing to worry about, every Fitrep I ever got was commendatory, send me an pm with an email, I'll be happy to share them with you...directly from my OMPF. I also run a 250-285 PFT at 35 years old, a near perfect CFT and I can hump like no-ones business. So thats 9 and change active the rest reserve....I think its safe to say you don't have close to 9 years AD....going out on a limb here.

So, that leads me to my next period of instruction,

You need to re read your BS, I never said anything about my rank, you were the one who keep bringing it up. I know its not in my text anywhere. I am better you just another bad attitude Cpl who can't wait to EAS....short timers disease.

Next, there is plenty of infantry in NY....2nd Bn 25th Marines....1 company in Albany NY (F), 2 in Garden City (Wpns and H&S) plus a couple of LAR companies way up North. Then there is also a company (G) in Dover, NJ about 40 mins away from NYC. They are a reserve BN who were the first activated after 9/11. They were deployed to Kosovo as a QFR company for the MEU in 2002, guarded the bridges and tunnels in 2001, then where in the Battle of Al-Nasirya in 2003, in which they help secure until rotating home. Later most of the companies were op-chop-con to replace the casualties from 3/25 when they took a beating near Haditha Dam, then again in 2005 and 2006 with 1/25 in Falluja. The Battalion took KIAs and many wounded....Cosgrove, McKenna, and Glover to name a few. Hey, the next time you're in NY be sure to drop by the companies and let them know they are "tampons"...hope you still have tricare dental.

On to your last question about transistors.....of whatever it was. Simple answer, I can't touch em' We use 110s (or 152s when vic mounted, I have always been a fan of the 148s) in the field or anywhere for that mater. I am NOT authorized to open the radios. I loss a transistor then I have to get a new radio. All the new 110s are under warrenty and if I open it, I get in trouble and the Marine Corps gets a bill. R&R of that component isn't even authorized at the Battalion level. They send it back to Harrison (iirc). If I loose it on ops, then I switch to another one, (we do have plenty of them you know) if for some reason we loose all our comms, then we go into our lost comm EPs (of which is all ops sec which you know, since its a standing order) and we continue on with our mission if there is a destination or we RTB. But all that aside, I assume you are I or D level maintenance for comm and have specific knowledge in radio maintenance...you sure are not a field Marine....I can just tell. My comment was specifically about knowing how to work my radios, if you were ever attached to an Infantry BN you would know that...but we have established that you have not been. I am LUCKY to even have 1 Marine from comm. so we all have to know how the theory and operation of comm equipment....ANY grunt who reads these boards would agree.

Nope, I am not "mad" as you say for being called a "MOTARD", especially from a boot. I am guilty of being a a very proud, motivated, tough nosed Marine..... and proud for everything I have accomplished. If that is a MOTARD then guilty as charged. I have a USMC flag and a US Standard in my house..same ones I carried on every deployment, there is no mistaking me for not being a Marine. I can walk the walk and talk the Talk...can you? As for my Marines, I may be mean, but they know I will take care of them and I let no one come close to messing with them....I have a great rep in my BN...I am also known for not playing nice with any officer below Field Grade....I still call them by their rank until they prove otherwise. I can back up anything I say with my actions...can you?

You are a very delusional person with some serious self esteem issues. You also seem unable to comprehend any written text for you have come to some wild conclusions that where never even present in the first place. I read over your posts in "Doing the right thing.." thread, I go sick when I read the stuff about "war" and knew right away you were just another REMF who never really experienced the real deal....deploying is one thing....living it is another....as is living with it. So spare us anymore reference to "war"and the fire service....apples and fu**ing oranges. I'll give you a little tidbit why....in the FD we are given orders, but will take EVERY approach to ensure our safety...in combat we will get orders knowing FULL well some of us won't make it....we ACCEPT death as inevitable in war....I WILL NOT except that in the fire service. Had you ever had to make those decisions then you would NOT have make such a stupid fu**ing comment. Just because you are a Marine doesn't make you an expert on war....ESPECIALLY when your MOS is not a combat arms...so please STFU BOOT. As for me correcting you on your spelling of "Semper Fi" you should have taken the extra moment to ensure such an important word is correctly spelled....I guess you are one of those 9-5 Marines only here for the look and not the whole package....yeah its that important....I have a saying..."Don't throw up the BS flag when you are standing in a pile of it yourself"

And to close...if I am not on the FDNY WTF am I doing working tonight? I guess I'll just go home......

BTW...send a PM if you wish to continue. I am slated to be in Cherry Point for UVA class....I know the base well, I have no problem looking into all the comm shops there and finding the Devil Dog from Dalton, GA. We can have a little chat together Marine to Marine. Ya can't miss me, you'll probably hear me coming....I am not a quite person. We can pull up my MOL account and go over the finer details. Let me know. Or we can meet at the strip joint for a beer just outside the gate...if its still there.

OOH RAH Devil.....
    Last edited by VinnieB; 06-29-2011 at 12:22 AM.
    IACOJ Member

Forum Member

Tantrums huh? Pot calling the kettle black, as evidenced by this post.
    There was no tantrum.

I have mentioned DAlton very little. Apparently I've made an impression on you since you continue to stalk me and remember all of these details about me.
    You don't have to take my word for it. Read what you post, it's in print.

firehousebitch, you just got schooled.
    Schooled? You really need to know what you're talking about before you can school someone. As a vet with an honorable discharge, the age cut off of 29 does not apply. For each year of active service, the age cut off is extended year for year up to age 35. Wrong again.

I see you did a little bit of research about the age extension, so I'll respond to that and school you a little further... Unfortunately for your argument, that's irrelevant. The age extension applies only to specific candidates who took the exam 6019 in 2007 which was ruled invalid by Judge Garaufis. But again, the cutoff of age 29 is irrelevant to vets.

You can't possibly school me about where this man works, when I know where he works is indeed a fact.

As you can see from Vinnie's most recent post, I was not lying. I have never lied on here, despite you and a couple of others suggesting it in the past. Over time here, I've given my background, age, neighborhood and family history in this dept., and PM'd a few members in length. There's nothing left to convince anyone. I will tell you I detest a lier. So I take exception when accused of being one.

Vinnie's most recent post wraps the rest up very well.

Forum Member

Being born a Tennessean and becoming a Virginian by choice.

All my elders came from the old country, Wales, Scotland and Belgium.
    Stay Safe and Well Out There....

Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

MembersZone Subscriber

Talking Ethnic Backround

Quote Originally Posted by IronValor View Post
    My Family is of the Scot Irish heritage. We are of Clan MacGregor, In the fire service there is a proud tradition among the Scottish and the Irish. Where are your roots?
    Am an American!! But my wife is into genealogy so it is interesting to find out about your ancestors.

Fathers side: Scotch-Irish (also known as Ulster Irish) and of Clan Macgregor (Prolific bunch)

Motherís side: German, My great-great grandfather was a corporal in the Prussian Army at the Siege of Paris in 1871

My Wifeís father is English-Irish and a distant relative of Johnny Appleseed (John Chapman) Irish side came from Carrickfergus, Northern Ireland during the start of the Potato Famine in early 1840ís.

My Wifeís mother is German with her Parents emigrating from Dusseldorf in the 1920ís. Her Great Grandfather was a personal body guard of Kaiser Wilhelm II around 1900. Her mother has a picture of him standing next to the Kaiser. Her uncle has the actual rifle he is holding in the picture.

Forum Member

I'm a A#1 100% American Mutt, and come from a family that also is/was A#1 100% American Mutt.

About half became MUTT when they first landed on the shores in 1753, while the other half of the MUTTs were already here to greet them.

There were no outstanding or famous folks in this clan... just ordinary MUTTS.
    HAVE PLAN.............WILL TRAVEL

Forum Member

Default Mutt

I am as a comedian once said..."I'm half Indian,half Italian and half British".
    Respectfully,
    Jay Dudley
    Retired Fire
    Background Investigator
    IACOJ-Member
    Lifetime Member CSFA
    IAFF Alumni Member

Forum Member

50% Canadian (Fathers side)
    50% Irish (Mothers side)

100% American.
    "This thread is being closed as it is off-topic and not related to the fire industry." - Isn't that what the Off Duty forum was for?

MembersZone Subscriber

Talking Possible Viking Ancestory

Read an interesting article about how the Vikings had settlements along the coasts of England, Ireland, Scotland, Normandy France, and Northern Germany in the 700-1,000 AD time frame. And the Viking Norman descendent "William the Conquer" invaded and conquered England in 1066 AD. The article states that about 50% of modern English, Irish, and Scottish, descendents have Viking genes in their DNA. Interesting stuff.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by donethat View Post
    Read an interesting article about how the Vikings had settlements along the coasts of England, Ireland, Scotland, Normandy France, and Northern Germany in the 700-1,000 AD time frame. And the Viking Norman descendent "William the Conquer" invaded and conquered England in 1066 AD. The article states that about 50% of modern English, Irish, and Scottish, descendents have Viking genes in their DNA. Interesting stuff.
    The only genes I have are Blue...

My great-grandmother claimed she was a direct decendant of Fredrick William I of Prussia (father of Fredrick the Great). She spoke fluent German despite having never lived in Germany. I suppose tradition, language and ancestry were more important to her than later generations. Her claim could not be proven, but it wasn't disproven either.

Auf wiedersehen.

Forum Member

I used to say that we were Scottish on Dad's side and Irish on Mom's.It turns out there is some Jewish French and German in the bloodline somehow.
    Now instead of haggis and Irish whiskey,I have to try wienerschnitzel and snails.(I ain't eating crepes)
    One time I did find that a friend was actually a distant relative.I'd been talking about how my great-great Grandfather had made the charge with Pickett at Gettysburg during the Woah between the States and,when he didn't see too many grey uniforms at the top decided that we'd lost so he went home.This woman overheard it and commented that was the story on one of her great great Uncles,who turned out to be my G-G-Grand.
    Last edited by doughesson; 07-01-2011 at 02:56 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by doughesson View Post
    I used to say that we were Scottish on Dad's side and Irish on Mom's.It turns out there is some Jewish French and German in the bloodline somehow.
    Now instead of haggis and Irish whiskey,I have to try wienerschnitzel and snails.(I ain't eating crepes)
    One time I did find that a friend was actually a distant relative.I'd been talking about how my great-great Grandfather had made the charge with Pickett at Gettysburg during the Woah between the States and,when he didn't see too many grey uniforms at the top decided that we'd lost so he went home.This woman overheard it and commented that was the story on one of her great great Uncles,who turned out to be my G-G-Grand.

Ain't it eh smaaa world?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by PaladinKnight View Post
    Ain't it eh smaaa world?

Good thing,too.I was about to invite her to a family reunion but was afraid someone would remember her from a few I'd missed in the 80s.
    That wouldn't have been good.

Thread Information