Forum Member

Default June 2011 DRCOG Exam results

Did anyone else here take it? I'd like to start a thread on who's being contacted by who and your score if you don't mind. I scored a 96 and so far have been contacted by North Metro Fire Rescue. I'm 26 and an out of state career firefighter/medic/FAE/Rescue Diver/Rope guy/etc etc (lots of certs) in my 5th year full-time. Working on my NREMT-P now I should have it by the end of July.

Good luck everybody!
    Last edited by NickIF; 07-03-2011 at 08:46 PM.

Forum Member

Can you take the DRCOG online if you are out of state or do you have to take it there?

Forum Member

I took it, 89. No contacts yet. Wow, I've taken it for the past 3 years and have never heard of a 96 - best I've gotten is 90. It's an easy test, I just don't know what they're looking for with the personality stuff.

Forum Member

I had an 88 also with no contacts. I heard it's a good idea to send a letter to the departments you want to work for with your score and why they should hire you. Did either of you guys do that?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by TruckOps84 View Post
    I had an 88 also with no contacts. I heard it's a good idea to send a letter to the departments you want to work for with your score and why they should hire you. Did either of you guys do that?
    I wrote the letter but to be honest I've been so busy trying to obtain all the necessary paperwork, etc to take the test for my NREMT-P that I haven't had a chance to send anything out. Hopefully I'll get them out tomorrow.

This is the first time I've taken the DRCOG and I had to find a proctor to administer the exam. A lot easier than flying to Colorado for it! I test very well with the personality questions, and this test was full of them.

Does anyone here have any contacts for anyone at North Metro who wouldn't mind answering some questions about the department?

Forum Member

Took the test remotely through a testing center in Bellingham, WA. Got a 97, no contacts yet. I also forgot to get my signed and notorized waiver in until just the other day, so hopefully that didn't screw me. That'd be a bummer.
    Hey Nick, how did North Metro contact you? That's one of the departments I would most like to hear from.

Anyone know which of the 13 member departments are going to be hiring when? I've done as much research as I could just looking at their individual sites, but it is hard to determine some of their hiring schedules.
    And Lafayette looked as if they conduct a whole separate application and testing process. Kinda weird as they are a member department of DRCOG.

Anyway, this is my first time with DRCOG and have no idea what to expect. Just waiting patiently and hoping to hear something from someone!

Forum Member

I scored a 96, have a solid background in the workplace with a very reputable medical institution, volunteer fire experience and a handful of fire/medical certifications and a college degree and didn't hear from North Metro either? You just gotta nod and grin and wonder what they're looking for and how they sift through them and pick 'em? Who knows? Patience and a positive attitude keep my head in the game. It'll come...
    Last edited by Ride5280; 06-30-2011 at 12:53 AM.

Forum Member

North Metro is taking over EMS transportation for the city of Northglenn. They are hiring 11 and my guess would be they are probably only hiring paramedics, as this is what they did last time. They are a really good department and a good group of guys (I work for the company doing EMS transportation for them currently). Good luck to you guys who got letters.

Forum Member

mtlp thanks for the information. Can I email you with a few other questions about the dept?

Edit to add:

When I was called for the North Metro process I was told I needed my NREMT-P by 8/15. I'm taking the written tonight and flying to Texas for the practical in the middle of July.

Forum Member

Feel free to PM me. I might not be able to answer all your questions but I will try.

Forum Member

I think you have PM's turned off.

Forum Member

Anybody have any department details for North Metro? I've searched around online and went as far as contacting their union. Can't really find anything that I'm looking for. PM or email me please.

thanks
    Nick

Forum Member

I bombed the interview lol. Anyone have any ideas of other departments hiring off this list? From the 5 or 6 people I met at the interview only 2 were local to Colorado, that was pretty surprising.

Thread Information