Closed Thread
Page 3 of 12 First 123456 ... Last
    Forum Member

Anyway, back on track.

Ya, let's do that!
    Train to fight the fires you fight.

MembersZone Subscriber

Never ask us how we can try to save some ones life and we'll never ask how you can't.
    ‎"I was always taught..." Four words impacting fire service education in the most negative of ways. -Bill Carey

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by tajm611 View Post
    Never ask us how we can try to save some ones life and we'll never ask how you can't.

Any more folks that just can't let go after I offer to move on?

Once again .. Back on track?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by LaFireEducator View Post

You didn't offer, I did. All you did was quote me and agree. YOu were quite content to continue the arguement.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by firefightinirish217 View Post
    You didn't offer, I did. All you did was quote me and agree. YOu were quite content to continue the arguement.
    \

I was referring to Tajm's comment, not yours.

Forum Member

Apparently you're one of them since you continued to engage in it. Shouldn't you be cowering in a corner somewhere?
    Even the burger-flippers at McDonald's probably have some McWackers.

Forum Member

...... For most of my volunteer career.
    You said "most." What about the rest of the time?
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    You said "most." What about the rest of the time?
    Will be quite honest as the first few years of my career I wouldn't consider myself professional as due to my location access to quality training resources was somewhat limited.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by nmfire View Post
    Apparently you're one of them since you continued to engage in it. Shouldn't you be cowering in a corner somewhere?
    Ahhhh .. Witty insults.

If that makes you feel like more of a man, have at it good sir.

I've made a simple offer and yet there are some that just can't stop.

MembersZone Subscriber

Because your very existence tarnishes the very essence of our fire service. I would be humiliated if a civilian read any of your post and assumed you spoke for all of us. You prove to know little of our profession, your cowardice is matched by your hubris, and you offer absolutely nothing of value to our service. Your hypocrisy was of comedic value but it has become the brightest beacon of your pathetic manifest. The biggest mistake you made in your attempt to "change our views" was that we'd all be as unitelligent as you and that anyone here were looking for reasons to be a coward.

There are men here. Men with values and morals to which we feel a desire to serve our fellow man, regardless if we are on the clock or not. It's a Pitt that even you would be given the same amount of help from the very people you breathe to discredit. I can only hope that, in your time of need, you are helped by a person with the same views as you and he finds your life to be "not worth the risk".
    ‎"I was always taught..." Four words impacting fire service education in the most negative of ways. -Bill Carey

Forum Member

Had a long response typed but decided to just let it go.

Forum Member

OK,

Folks, As in SOOOOO many areas of life, people are allowed to have their own personal and VARIED points of view....

This constant barrage of L.A. bashing and his retorts is just getting seriously rediculous...thread after thread, topic after topic....it always seems to go the same way.....

Can;t everyone just accept that someone might have a varied view point....and leave it at that.......

Although as a career FF, I have on numerous times made the effort to help at MVC's or med situations while off duty.....I view it as MY choice, MY personal comfort level....I work with several other FF's that have clearly stated that THEY never stop or help outside of work.....and that is THEIR choice....I may not agree with it, or understand it......BUT I accept that that is how they feel.....

EVERY person will view a situation differently, its all personal perception/experience etc.....so blanketly calling someone a coward is pretty harsh...and it has been done here time after time......

I know what what has been said by people in posts....I can read and have done so........and in reality, One side of this "bashing" is NOT more right than the other..just a position from the opposite side of the spectrum....

This forum has TONS of great posts and great info and discussions....and seriously, anyone could learn alot from them....but man, the constant derailing of good topics, the bashing and the baiting is soooo incredibly predominant that it detracts heavily from the whole forum.

Just look at the differences as a learning point....there is NO benifit or gain to be made at all by the snotty comments or bashing. from either side.

Forum Member

Will be quite honest as the first few years of my career I wouldn't consider myself professional as due to my location access to quality training resources was somewhat limited.
    Best as we can tell, nothing has changed. Making your claim of being a "professional" untrue.
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

Forum Member

Had a long response typed but decided to just let it go.
    You should take the "let it go" route more often.
    Be for Peace, but don't be for the Enemy!
    -Big Russ

Learn from the mistakes of others; you won't live long enough to make them all yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by nyckftbl View Post
    LOL....dont you people have anything else to do besides b*tch about our b*tching?

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Lights FF View Post
    OK,

Folks, As in SOOOOO many areas of life, people are allowed to have their own personal and VARIED points of view....

This constant barrage of L.A. bashing and his retorts is just getting seriously rediculous...thread after thread, topic after topic....it always seems to go the same way.....

Can;t everyone just accept that someone might have a varied view point....and leave it at that.......

Although as a career FF, I have on numerous times made the effort to help at MVC's or med situations while off duty.....I view it as MY choice, MY personal comfort level....I work with several other FF's that have clearly stated that THEY never stop or help outside of work.....and that is THEIR choice....I may not agree with it, or understand it......BUT I accept that that is how they feel.....

EVERY person will view a situation differently, its all personal perception/experience etc.....so blanketly calling someone a coward is pretty harsh...and it has been done here time after time......

I know what what has been said by people in posts....I can read and have done so........and in reality, One side of this "bashing" is NOT more right than the other..just a position from the opposite side of the spectrum....

This forum has TONS of great posts and great info and discussions....and seriously, anyone could learn alot from them....but man, the constant derailing of good topics, the bashing and the baiting is soooo incredibly predominant that it detracts heavily from the whole forum.

Just look at the differences as a learning point....there is NO benifit or gain to be made at all by the snotty comments or bashing. from either side.
    Hi. Welcome.

Give it 6 months, you'll eat your words. Maybe when he attacks another lodd, discredit a save, or state your departments tactics are wrong and archaic, you'll come around.

Let's talk fire trucks!

Give it 6 months, you'll eat your words. Maybe when he attacks another lodd, discredit a save, or state your departments tactics are wrong and archaic, you'll come around.
    I've been here A LOT longer than 6 months, and I disagree with 98% of what LA pontificates, but bashing him and his department does get really, really old.

He has a completely different view of the fire service, and far different expectations of the members and officers of his department, and we all know that. Everyone's tried to change his mind for years, and it hasn't worked. When the hell do we get to move onto something more productive?
    Career Fire Captain
    Volunteer Chief Officer

Never taking for granted that I'm privileged enough to have the greatest job in the world!

Back In Black

Quote Originally Posted by BoxAlarm187 View Post
    I've been here A LOT longer than 6 months, and I disagree with 98% of what LA pontificates, but bashing him and his department does get really, really old.

He has a completely different view of the fire service, and far different expectations of the members and officers of his department, and we all know that. Everyone's tried to change his mind for years, and it hasn't worked. When the hell do we get to move onto something more productive?
    Correct

Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level then beat you with experience
    Last edited by ChiefKN; 06-28-2011 at 09:34 PM.
    I am now a past chief and the views, opinions, and comments are mine and mine alone. I do not speak for any department or in any official capacity. Although, they would be smart to listen to me.

"The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it's still on the list."

"When tempted to fight fire with fire, remember that the Fire Department usually uses water."

Forum Member

These bystanders exercised good judgment, I think. It was not a confined area for them or the victim, so their ability to 1) remove themselves if it hit the fan, and 2) quickly remove the victim, were such that their risk to themselves was fairly low. Not zero, but pretty low. And given the very high likelihood of death or major injury to the cyclist if they did not act, it's a pretty easy scale to balance.

Nice job, fellers!
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.
    --General James Mattis, USMC

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by firefightinirish217 View Post
    Wrong to the first and doesn't surprise me on the second.

The fire scene is the only thing close to war in the civilian world. It's not very different at all. How would I know you ask, maybe you should check out my profile. Have you been to war Mr. LA? If not, then please do the rest of us military guys a favor and don't try to pretend that you know a damned thing about it...
    couple of Vets I know just ****ed on your name.

They are embarrassed a war Vet would compare fire scenes to war zones.

I think you may be over reaching on that one.
    "This thread is being closed as it is off-topic and not related to the fire industry." - Isn't that what the Off Duty forum was for?

Forum Member

Ps - nice job by the people.
    "This thread is being closed as it is off-topic and not related to the fire industry." - Isn't that what the Off Duty forum was for?

Forum Member

Just one minor point here .....

I never made a single comment about the civilians in this situation doing the right or the wrong thing. They did what they felt was right for them at the time.

I did state that there are times when civilains attempt more complicated rescues, and become victims themselves, which complicates the situation for responders, especially if there are limited resources available. In this situation there were minimal risks.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Lights FF View Post
    OK,

The funny thing is that I have never failed to stop at an accident scene, or assist at a medical emergency before the arrival of the FD or EMS out of my district. In fact, I have even extinguished several small vehicle fires prior to the arrival of the responsible FD and assisted w/ extinguishment operations at several vehicle and structure fires, sometimes quite far beyond my district. The trick is in every situation I had turnout gear and extinguishers in my vehicle, which gave me the tools to do the job properly and the PPE to protect myself. Without either, no, I would not take action, but not once has that situation arose.

Much of this is based on my position regarding interior operations in abandoned structures, interior operations in marginal situations and one real world scenerio where I stated flatly that I would not have intervened due to likely peronal and family concequences. I do take our safety as the priority in what we do., which conflicst with others who view "the job" as the priority.

You'll get used to things I say being twisted, taken out of context, etc, etc.
    Last edited by LaFireEducator; 06-28-2011 at 05:05 PM.

Forum Member

Hi. Welcome.

Thanks for the welcome there tajm,

I've seen LOTS of LA's posts...I know what he says and how he STATES he thinks.....

AND I;ve seen just as many or more posts slamming LA, critisising him, his department ...hell even his whole parish....

Like I said...I guess I view it as this......HE is an individual, HE is ENTITLED to his RIGHT to his own views AND his right to voice them.....SAME AS ANYONE ELSE here or anywhere.....

I don;t NEED to agree with his ideas or statements...they are his views......I have my own.....IF L.A chooses to view other Department's Ops as "archiac" so be it.....again his views....they really don;t affect me in the least.......he doesn;t make precidents or SOG's for my Dept......so honestly I could really care less what he thinks......

IF He chooses to view a LODD in his way ...so be it.....I've seen him say he uses LODD's as a "learning / teaching" tool.....so be it......thats HIS way, his views.......

As long as he doesn;t slam the fallen FF or disrespect his family, then I can live with it....again simply because HE doesn;t effect anything to do with my Dept., my life or my family and community....

Like I said, I don;t agree with some of what he says, even most of it......BUT he shouldn;t be attacked all the time simply because some here have developed a personal grudge over the internet....and have a bunch of comments and posts derailing everything all the time, his or others.....

I;m a big boy, I can figure this all out on my very own.......and I have been here long enough to know what gets posted, both LA's and from the others....saddly this seems to go back at least 10 years or so.......hasn;t this gone on for long enough?......

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bones42 View Post
    couple of Vets I know just ****ed on your name.

They are embarrassed a war Vet would compare fire scenes to war zones.

I think you may be over reaching on that one.
    Well, I guess they're entitled to their opinon man. I never said they were one and the same. I said it was the closest thing in the civillian world to war. Perhaps they misunderstood my intentions of the comparisons. Yes, I know war is totally separate from the fire service. But the comparisons are there. The love of your brothers, watching your brother's back, adapting to changing situations, doing your duty regardless of any fear you may feal at the moment, etc.

Tell those guys I apologize for insulting them unintentionally, I wasn't trying to say that they are exactly the same. If that's not the reason, I'm not quite sure what the problem is.

Anyway, make sure they get my apologies for offending them in anyway, was just try to make a point about a person's appointed duty brother.

Forum Member

Got PM, all good.

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 12 First 123456 ... Last

Thread Information