Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    Forum Member

Default Reporting, tracking and inventory software grant under AFG?

Does anyone know if requesting red alert or firehouse software is acceptable under AFG? I can't seem to find anything in 2010 guidelines. We have some ancient fire reporting software and would like to upgrade. With upgrading we could track OSHA physicals, PPE inventory, equipment inventory and training tracking.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CHChief View Post
    Does anyone know if requesting red alert or firehouse software is acceptable under AFG? I can't seem to find anything in 2010 guidelines. We have some ancient fire reporting software and would like to upgrade. With upgrading we could track OSHA physicals, PPE inventory, equipment inventory and training tracking.

Thanks
    Since reporting on NIMS is a requirement of recieving an award, it is eligible if requested as part of being able to comply with electronic reporting to NIMS. There is also a way to do it under FP&S if the software you are requesting has a "pre-planning" component to it.
    Kurt Bradley
    Public Safety Grants Consultant

"Never Trade Skill for Luck"

Forum Member

Thanks. Since they offer pre plan modules do you think it would be better to apply under the fire prevention or lump it in with a AFG project?

If you do it under FP&S you would have to likewise be doing some sort of formal risk assessment in the community. You would obtain the software in order to be able to perfrom the assessment and pre-planning in the community as part of the assessment.
    Kurt Bradley
    Public Safety Grants Consultant

"Never Trade Skill for Luck"

Fire Station Software offers NFIRS 5.0 incident reporting as well as Inventory tracking. It is so affordable, you don't have to apply for a grant! Why spend thousands when you can get Fire Station for under $900?!?

Check out the demo at www.firestationsoftware.com

Quote Originally Posted by markhorwich View Post
    Fire Station Software offers NFIRS 5.0 incident reporting as well as Inventory tracking. It is so affordable, you don't have to apply for a grant! Why spend thousands when you can get Fire Station for under $900?!?

Check out the demo at www.firestationsoftware.com
    Just to be fair, you should probably point out that you are part of fire station software.

900 is still cost prohibitive for our department, that is probably 1/7 th of our annual budget. Got any donation programs for departments that are in our shape?

Quote Originally Posted by LVFD301 View Post
    Just to be fair, you should probably point out that you are part of fire station software.

900 is still cost prohibitive for our department, that is probably 1/7 th of our annual budget. Got any donation programs for departments that are in our shape?
    I wanted to update this - Mark has been in contact with me about my questions, and we are seeing what can be worked out. I am excited at the chance something could be worked out.

I wish every company selling to the Fire Service would take a small portion of their product and make it available to the really poor departments in the country. Every little bit helps.

The additional thing you have to remember, beyond the initial purchase price, is most software requires an annual service/tech support fee.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by LVFD301 View Post
    I wanted to update this - Mark has been in contact with me about my questions, and we are seeing what can be worked out. I am excited at the chance something could be worked out.

I wish every company selling to the Fire Service would take a small portion of their product and make it available to the really poor departments in the country. Every little bit helps.
    We worked out a similar deal with another company. Essentially we had xxx remaining in a grant for a preplanning computer and the company met our price with the agreement of providing an evaluation i requested at a later time.

Thread Information