Forum Member

Default Fyrtrks out of Binghamton, NY

Has anyone done business with them? any recommendations about doing business with them? Looking for as much information i can get about them.
    Thanks

Forum Member

I did a google search on this company.

Results are below:

Fyrtrks
    (607) 427-2008

Binghamton, NY13905
    www.fyrtrks.com

Business Overview
    Edit Info

Categories:

Emergency Search & Rescue, Emergency Services, Fire Protection

Payment:

Cash Only

Specialities:

Watertown, Wanber Recue Bdies, Utica, U's Tanker, Syracuse, Rome, Rescue Truck, Rescue, Plastisol Composites, Norwich, Life Rescue, Ithaca, Firetruck, Fire Truck, Fire Engine, Fire Apparatus, Ems Vehicle, Elmira

Brands:

Cortland, Binghamton, And S & S Signs And Safety Equipment, Ambulance Remount, Ambulance, Aev Ambulances, American LaFrance, US Tanker, AEV Ambulance, Plastisol/Kronenburg Fire Apparatus.

Products and Services:

Fire Apparatus & Emergency Vehicles, Supplies and Equipment

Languages Spoken:

English

Year Established:

Other Contact Info:

Email: dan@fyrtrks.com
    Stay Safe and Well Out There....

Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

Forum Member

He is a frequent poster in these fora.

Forum Member

Default I am here.

As I have always said: Ask away I have nothing to hide.

CaptOldTimer Cash Only as with any apparatus manufacturer payment is on delivery and acceptance.
    Fyrtrks

Let's talk fire trucks!

I've had a chance to talk with him a handful of times via PM here on the FH.com forums in the past, and have found him to be knowledgeable and honest about the products on the street.
    Career Fire Captain
    Volunteer Chief Officer

Never taking for granted that I'm privileged enough to have the greatest job in the world!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fyrtrks View Post
    As I have always said: Ask away I have nothing to hide.

CaptOldTimer Cash Only as with any apparatus manufacturer payment is on delivery and acceptance.
    That may work that way in small towns where they are buying one piece of apparatus. In large urban departments where they are ordering and receiving as many as 5, 10, 15 or more pieces, the payment is by check and usually after all acceptances test are ran, inventory of any and all equipment being bought with each vehicle.

The local and state procurement laws govern the payment. It is usually within 30 days of everything being received and all in good order. It is all stipulated in the purchase order and contract.

As many rigs as my old fd has bought, in multiple orders, no salesman, delivery engineer has ever left the city with payment in hand.
    Stay Safe and Well Out There....

Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

Forum Member

That may work that way in small towns where they are buying one piece of apparatus. In large urban departments where they are ordering and receiving as many as 5, 10, 15 or more pieces, the payment is by check and usually after all acceptances test are ran, inventory of any and all equipment being bought with each vehicle.

I am speaking primarily in reference to New York Departments here payment is usually by check unless some type of wire transfer has been arranged.

The local and state procurement laws govern the payment. It is usually within 30 days of everything being received and all in good order. It is all stipulated in the purchase order and contract.

Yes payment is usually set in the contract, however normally it is when we deliver the unit to the purchaser. We use the terms "after delivery and acceptance".

As many rigs as my old fd has bought, in multiple orders, no salesman, delivery engineer has ever left the city with payment in hand.

There have been times I did not leave without a check but they were rare and as you said they were with much larger departments.
    Last edited by Fyrtrks; 07-05-2011 at 06:53 PM.
    Fyrtrks

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaptOldTimer View Post

When the dealer involved is flush with cash, sometimes they will pay for the apparatus at the plant and then take payment from the department. That said, most apparatus builders attempt to get cash upon acceptance at their plant. Yes, builders make exceptions in some circumstances however, they normally want their cash up front. That might, or might not be what happened with your department.

Sure, the builder can always resort to holding up the MSO but there is a history of city managers, mayors, fire chiefs, and more, holding up payment yet putting apparatus in service. Some states don't require license plates for apparatus and the department can skate without the MSO. Cash on the barrel head is the general rule of thumb unless special arrangements are made in advance.

On a side note, don't know about now but back in the day, Pierce used to demand payment at the factory but they only paid commissions once a month. That obviously gave them a little advantage in the numbers game with the banks. The commission on a hundred or more trucks is something to consider.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ainman View Post
    Has anyone done business with them? any recommendations about doing business with them? Looking for as much information i can get about them.
    Thanks
    He and his family have broken bread at my table with my family. He is a man of integrity and honor. If he provides the goods and services which you are seeking, I highly recommend him.
    "Loyalty Above all Else. Except Honor."

Default Fyrtrks out of Binghamton, NY

Why not ask the company for a list of refrences. Talking to past customers is the best history that you can get. The internet can be a bit dicey. Big question is, is this a full time business or part-time, hobby.

Thread Information