Forum Member

Default Casey Anthony verdict due at 2:15 EDT

Verdict has been reached; to be given at 2:15.

Sounds like a guilty to me if they finished that quickly. Probably spent the rest of the time deciding on the peripheral charges.
    Last edited by EastKyFF; 07-05-2011 at 03:05 PM.
    I am more than just a serious basketball fan. I am a life-long addict. I was addicted from birth, in fact, because I was born in Kentucky.
    ― Hunter S. Thompson

Forum Member

Not guilty on manslaughter & murder, guilty on providing false information (four counts).

Holy smoke.
    I am more than just a serious basketball fan. I am a life-long addict. I was addicted from birth, in fact, because I was born in Kentucky.
    ― Hunter S. Thompson

Forum Member

Well kiss my arz!

I sure thought this 3itch would rot in prison.
    Stay Safe and Well Out There....

Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

Forum Member

Maybe she can Facebook O.J. for tips on finding the real killer.

How guilty can you act without being FOUND guilty????
    ― Hunter S. Thompson

MembersZone Subscriber

I suspect most of the jury thinks she did it but the state did not prove it beyond a reasonable doubt.
    Last edited by donethat; 07-06-2011 at 11:00 AM.

Forum Member

Oj went free, so none of this is surprising...

Forum Member

I am so ****ed about this!
    Firefighting - one of the few professions left that still makes house calls.

Let's talk fire trucks!

I'm sure that the jurors likely thought that she was guilty, but the state didn't prove their case beyond a reasonable doubt.
    Last edited by BoxAlarm187; 07-06-2011 at 12:03 AM.
    Career Fire Captain
    Volunteer Chief Officer

Never taking for granted that I'm privileged enough to have the greatest job in the world!

Forum Member

It's Bull*****!
    Firefighting - one of the few professions left that still makes house calls.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BoxAlarm187 View Post
    I'm sure that the jurors likely thought that she was guilty, but the state didn't prove their case beyond a reasonable doubt.
    I agree. It seemed the crux of the prosecution's case rested on how she was acting instead of proving she did it.

I find her actions reprehensible as well. But I shudder at the thought of our legal system determining guilt or innocence based upon someone's actions being deemed inappropriate.
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

Back In Black

Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    I agree. It seemed the crux of the prosecution's case rested on how she was acting instead of proving she did it.

I find her actions reprehensible as well. But I shudder at the thought of our legal system determining guilt or innocence based upon someone's actions being deemed inappropriate.
    I agree as well... the prosecution thought they could prosecute her like this was a story on television shows like Nancy Grace and TMZ.

With that said, some of the comments by the Jury show they didn't clearly understand their responsibilities.

This is the risk of a jury system of lay people. I'm not sure I'd advocate for a change, but I'd be curious to see any suggestions.
    I am now a past chief and the views, opinions, and comments are mine and mine alone. I do not speak for any department or in any official capacity. Although, they would be smart to listen to me.

"The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it's still on the list."

"When tempted to fight fire with fire, remember that the Fire Department usually uses water."

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChiefKN View Post
    I agree as well... the prosecution thought they could prosecute her like this was a story on television shows like Nancy Grace and TMZ.

With that said, some of the comments by the Jury show they didn't clearly understand their responsibilities.

This is the risk of a jury system of lay people. I'm not sure I'd advocate for a change, but I'd be curious to see any suggestions.
    I've been called to jury duty so many times I've lost track. I never try to get out of it. I may postpone it (for a family or planned vacation purpose), but I always do it. When I hear people lamenting dumb jurors, I ask them if they serve when called or do they look for a way to get out of it. More often than not, they look to avoid that obligation.
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

Back In Black

Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    I've been called to jury duty so many times I've lost track. I never try to get out of it. I may postpone it (for a family or planned vacation purpose), but I always do it. When I hear people lamenting dumb jurors, I ask them if they serve when called or do they look for a way to get out of it. More often than not, they look to avoid that obligation.
    Sure, valid point.

I'm not calling them dumb. The legal system is a complicated, some would say convoluted system.

To expect a lay person with no legal background to fully understand the nuisances is asking a lot. An example here is that a juror was quoted as saying that the prosecution didn't provide a motive... when that's not required.

Bottom line is that it is not perfect, but there is no way we can afford a professional jury system and I'm not ready to put that much power into a single judge's hands.... so I don't know an easy solution.
    I am now a past chief and the views, opinions, and comments are mine and mine alone. I do not speak for any department or in any official capacity. Although, they would be smart to listen to me.

"The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it's still on the list."

"When tempted to fight fire with fire, remember that the Fire Department usually uses water."

Forum Member

I heard the verdict, couldn't believe me ears.... What I want to say won't be typed but I think we all agree that justice was not served.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChiefKN View Post
    Sure, valid point.

I'm not calling them dumb. The legal system is a complicated, some would say convoluted system.

To expect a lay person with no legal background to fully understand the nuisances is asking a lot. An example here is that a juror was quoted as saying that the prosecution didn't provide a motive... when that's not required.

Bottom line is that it is not perfect, but there is no way we can afford a professional jury system and I'm not ready to put that much power into a single judge's hands.... so I don't know an easy solution.
    I agree. I'd rather see a few Caseys go free than to see anyone innocent get the chair. I fear that may still happen sometimes, but to its credit, our system tries pretty hard to protect us from wrongful convictions.
    ― Hunter S. Thompson

Forum Member

worst verdict since O.J.

Thread Information