Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 1144 FirstFirst ... 7891011121320601105101010 ... LastLast
Like Tree8986Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

A word of advice to all of us applying for the new exam: Being that we were forced this time to check a race (it pained me to do so being that I would have been 1 of the 312 from 6019 and I truly believe everything in this world should be based on skill and talent, NOT the color of our skin) we should all keep copies of that part of the application that states "it is strictly for stastical purposes." Do NOT be naive. This lawsuit is simply the beginning. I am by no means a racist person and have met many men and women about to be hired with me last year that were black, hispanic, asian, white. All different. Yet all the same in that we were next in line. Rank-order hiring is ALL that should be accepted. Why does racism only pertain to minorities? If any candidate is passed over by someone below them on the list for whatever reason, isn't that a form of racism? I say enough is enough. We on 6019 are still exploring legal options and those of us taking exam 2000 should be prepared. We do NOT and should NOT have to take this.

Good luck to you all.

Equality for all means special privilages for none!!!

Cant find the delete button
    RIP Hela

"You have to do better then your best."
    BUD's instuctor Class 234

"A man who won't die for something is not fit to live."
    Martin Luther King, Jr

Forum Member

Sundays NYDN says there up to 21k signed up 43% are minority

How many people signed up for 6019?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by matty21 View Post
    Sundays NYDN says there up to 21k signed up 43% are minority

How many people signed up for 6019?
    I read that too. 43% is a huge spike in the #s from the last reports we heard. Last time #s were thrown around it looked like basically the same %'s as 6019.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by HopefulFF View Post
    I read that too. 43% is a huge spike in the #s from the last reports we heard. Last time #s were thrown around it looked like basically the same %'s as 6019.
    if I remember correctly it was about 25,000

Forum Member

I signed up last night and lets hope that you dont have to do all that hard stuff like reading for the test to make sure its fair for everyone

Forum Member

numbers look good but im sure they are playing with the numbers. Everything but a white male is likely considered a minority. Just a rumor but I hear that the word going around is that this may be a hard test and not to expect a softball I also heard that a graded physical is possible. Just rumors but thougjt I d throw it out there.

Forum Member

numbers look good but im sure they are playing with the numbers. Everything but a white male is likely considered a minority. Just a rumor but I hear that the word going around is that this may be a hard test and not to expect a softball I also heard that a graded physical is possible. Just rumors but thougjt I d throw it out there.
    Would a graded physical be anything new? I was under the belief that each task was a timed event. Anything less than the allotted time or equal to the allotted time was 100%, and anything more than the allotted time was less of a score.

Forum Member

graded physical is possible. Cassano said that, and the NOE doesn't specifically say the physical will be the CPAT.

@seemeinthesun, until 6019 the physical was like that but the FDNY went to the CPAT for the last exam.

Forum Member

Does anyone have a link for a study guide that PSI puts out aside from the sample LA Fire one comes up when you google it? I think I recall someone posting something on the 6019 thread a while back that gave you the option to purchase something for download, but I can't find the post or a link from their site ( I think this might have something to do with their downloads not being mac compatible).

Forum Member

That I think was Minerva that posted that link. I am not sure how to search for just his post
    Last edited by BrooklynBorn; 08-23-2011 at 03:37 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by HopefulFF View Post
    graded physical is possible. Cassano said that, and the NOE doesn't specifically say the physical will be the CPAT.

@seemeinthesun, until 6019 the physical was like that but the FDNY went to the CPAT for the last exam.
    Thanks for the info. That makes things MUCH easier.

Forum Member

If anyone from upstate in the Columbia/Greene/Rens/Albany/Duchess county area is looking to group together to train and study for #2000, send me a PM.

numbers look good but im sure they are playing with the numbers. Everything but a white male is likely considered a minority. Just a rumor but I hear that the word going around is that this may be a hard test and not to expect a softball
    consulting firm tests can be deceptively difficult

I also heard that a graded physical is possible. Just rumors but thougjt I d throw it out there.
    if you're worried about this call Fran @ 21-15-9
    I should have cleaned up the chili.....why didn't I clean up the chili!!!!!!

Forum Member

Default Graded or Pass Fail

At this point be ready to ACE the test, whether it's CPAT (or graded). Remember.... CPAT is the minimal standard, there is still the Medical and Academy to get through.

No matter what format the test takes, the Fire Academy is not getting any easier. Your long term plan should include getting ready for one of the hardest things you'll ever experience. With a pass/fail physical, this is even more important!

Forum Member

Here's the link for the study guide PSI put together for La County. It's dated 2007.

http://www.fire.lacounty.gov/helpwan...dy%20Guide.pdf

Also, the word on the street is that several staff chief's (and other FDNY members) were given a practice exam on the exam that is being developed for us. The word is that the exam is thus far a legitimate exam. PSI seems to have a history of developing legitimate exams.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Minerva View Post
    Here's the link for the study guide PSI put together for La County. It's dated 2007.

Also, the word on the street is that several staff chief's (and other FDNY members) were given a practice exam on the exam that is being developed for us. The word is that the exam is thus far a legitimate exam. PSI seems to have a history of developing legitimate exams.
    Heard the same from a Capt in Manhattan. He has two "Minorities" in his house that have to take the exam to see how they test.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Minerva View Post

What do you mean by "legit exam"? As in, difficult (or not the cake walk we all assumed they would be), or an exam that will pass all the hoops it will need to jump through?

Forum Member

By legitimate, I mean the test is not going to be the the "gimme" we thought was coming. The word I got was "It was more difficult than we expected." Things could change by the time we take the exam. I think "difficult" could be relative to the person.

And to clarify, by practice exam, I mean, they are taking a "rough draft" of the test they want to give us.

Forum Member

That's actually good news. If the exam is too easy it will be impossible for anyone to seperate themself from everyone else.

Thread Information