Like Tree11285Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by sffdnyhopeful09 View Post
    I'm in the same boat as you. Perfect score on the first part but 12 partials on the personality. I felt those were bogus and I'm really praying most of those get transferred over to full after the protest. Also I have the 5pts residency. I swear after getting over 100 on 6019 this is the last thing I'd ever thought I'd have to stress over. Good luck to us all, Lord knows we need it.
    Yeah what happened to you guys with the last test seriously sucks. All we can do is hope we get in there, maybe the first part will count more or the 5 points will get us there. Just being optimistic haha.

Forum Member

I'm really hoping my points carry me. I screwed the pooch on the personality portion. I had 27 pc. I thought that if you were too overt in your answers it would be just as detrimental. So I answered about as down the middle as you could. I had a perfect score on the first four portions and then came the personality. I feel it's a bit ridiculous that we have to take an opinion based personality test and then, if we are lucky enough to progress, have to sit for another personality and psychological exam. I get an additional 15 points, hopefully that will help to overcome the kick in the nuts I received yesterday.

Forum Member

Anyone recalls how many question there was on the first 4 parts and how many personality questions?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jukez View Post
    Anyone recalls how many question there was on the first 4 parts and how many personality questions?
    My personality section had 81 questions. As for the information section I'm not sure.

Forum Member

I think there were 56 questions on the first part of my version of the exam (C)

Forum Member

Obviously a lot of us had different versions so I'll be interested to know if other tests had different ratios of questions.

For me it was.

Section 1: 7 questions
    Section 2: 8 questions
    Section 3: 11 questions
    Section 4: 31 questions
    Section 5: 81 "questions"

That works out to 57 in the first 4 sections and 81 in the personality. Seeing as how the first 4 sections are about 60 questions I figure the personality will be the remaining 40% (.5pts per FC). So with the PC questions (.25pts) you'll need to get 4 wrong to loose one point. All speculation, any section can be worth less than a point per or more but I figure if we know what the other test versions had in terms of numbers of questions per sections we might get a good idea of how its graded.

BTW I called PSI and the say that their account with the FDNY test is officially closed meaning that there are definetly no more test takers at this point, DCAS confirmed this, and with the review period officially ending in a couple weeks I gather its pretty safe to start talking about the test. At least question ratios right?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by River6019 View Post
    Obviously a lot of us had different versions so I'll be interested to know if other tests had different ratios of questions.

For me it was.

Section 1: 7 questions
    Section 2: 8 questions
    Section 3: 11 questions
    Section 4: 31 questions
    Section 5: 81 "questions"

That works out to 57 in the first 4 sections and 81 in the personality. Seeing as how the first 4 sections are about 60 questions I figure the personality will be the remaining 40% (.5pts per FC). So with the PC questions (.25pts) you'll need to get 4 wrong to loose one point. All speculation, any section can be worth less than a point per or more but I figure if we know what the other test versions had in terms of numbers of questions per sections we might get a good idea of how its graded.

BTW I called PSI and the say that their account with the FDNY test is officially closed meaning that there are definetly no more test takers at this point, DCAS confirmed this, and with the review period officially ending in a couple weeks I gather its pretty safe to start talking about the test. At least question ratios right?

Thanks for the confirm on the test being closed River. I wasn't going to post my answer to this Q as I thought some military guys still needed to test.

I had test version D, and my break out was the same as yours. 138 Q's total.

I'm also guessing the PC's won't be as clean as .25 and .50 (or half of what ever a FC is). There were definitely degrees of "right" on the questions, at least in relation to what was considered the FC right answer. For instance, working out, if 20+ hours was FC, 15-19 was PC, but also 0-4 was PC. You would think 15-19 will get you more points than 0-4.
    Last edited by HopefulFF; 05-18-2012 at 10:46 AM.

Forum Member

River, your breakdown definitely sounds logical. Of course, the interested parties might decide to weigh one section more than that because of demographics, but we could speculate all day long and still be far afield. But I was thinking more-or-less the same breakdown you suggested; hopefully its something like that.

As for PSI's account being closed, that's great to hear. If nobody else is taking the exam I wonder if we can openly discuss questions here… On that point, at my review session they did say to me (twice) that I could feel free to talk in the review room, so maybe we can start talking now.

Forum Member
    Hiding in the shadows waiting for the sun!!

I had exam C and I remember section 1 having like 18 or 20 Q's. 2 and 3 is a have to me but 4 was 31 Q's and personality q's were definitely 81 Q's.

Forum Member

Thanks for the breakdown river,

I was trying to remember to drop down the amount of questions for each part but quite honestly I was too nervous and anxious through out the whole review to see my final score that I even forgot my name at some point lol. I'm sure that half of us are rooting for the personality to be worth more than the first four parts just like the other half is rooting for the total opposite lol. As far as the "PC" for the personal part I really doubt there would be a weight under each answer for each question just because regardless its still based on opinion in a way. So I would agree with river and say half credit for each answer that's not FC.

Forum Member

One more thing to keep in mind regarding the Personality Questions - many of them were ungraded, so the number of questions factored into scoring will be lower than the total number of "questions" we responded to in that particular section.

Likewise, as happened in 6019, entire questions are likely to be thrown out as a result of the review process, thus increasing the weighted value of the questions that remain. Hopefully the ones I got wrong are the ones thrown out
    Fdnytolife4130 likes this.

Forum Member
    Hiding in the shadows waiting for the sun!!

I believe the personality questions are gonna be worth more than any other part of the exam. The vulcans in every session were stressing this peticular portions. The second portion they were stressing was video. They said the least of their worries was reading comp. now why would they steer their students in the wrong direction if it weren't true. Most of the students ( like myself) were minorities. It's not that I'm rooting for the vulcans but I remember a person on here giving me some good advice. That advice was keeping my eyes and ears open and shut the f u c k up. So, I did just that and that's all the info I've heard so far.
    Last edited by Fdnytolife4130; 05-18-2012 at 11:46 AM.

Forum Member

Personality section being weighted more than any other part of the exam could easily mean part1 15%, part2 15%, part3 15%, part4 15%, part5 (personality section) 40%. This is just an example don't take as if this is how it's going to be. There could be numerous ways of grading this, just hope and cross your fingers that between the grading system and the protests everything will benefit you.

Forum Member

I got my review tomorrow and appreciate all the info you guys have provided thus far. One question and it's definitely going to be varied, but what would your best guesstimate of how long this review thing is? Is it fair to assume if you took a long time on the exam then it's going to take awhile on the review? If this sounds like a rahtard question, I apologize in advance.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by vekdoggs75 View Post
    I got my review tomorrow and appreciate all the info you guys have provided thus far. One question and it's definitely going to be varied, but what would your best guesstimate of how long this review thing is? Is it fair to assume if you took a long time on the exam then it's going to take awhile on the review? If this sounds like a rahtard question, I apologize in advance.

I was done in under 20 minutes, but I also did not protest any Q's.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by nycthirteen View Post
    One more thing to keep in mind regarding the Personality Questions - many of them were ungraded, so the number of questions factored into scoring will be lower than the total number of "questions" we responded to in that particular section.

Likewise, as happened in 6019, entire questions are likely to be thrown out as a result of the review process, thus increasing the weighted value of the questions that remain. Hopefully the ones I got wrong are the ones thrown out
    Have to say talking with others, the C version was the most trickiest. Hoping at least two are thrown away.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by vekdoggs75 View Post
    I took about 2 hours, but I took my time, watched all videos 2x, and protested any marked incorrect and wrote at length for each.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by HopefulFF View Post
    I was done in under 20 minutes, but I also did not protest any Q's.
    Thanks man.

Forum Member

Just got back from the review as well. Got 2 NC on the first part, 4 PC on the pysc. Argued 3 questions. Thanks for the info and good luck to everyone. Looks like everyone is doing well.

Forum Member

I believe on two questions in the video part,,,,when they gave you multiple times to answer,,, if you got the correct answer but also the wrong answer....they still give you full credit anyway.....

At least that was what I was told from one of the instructors giving out the test.

There was a tricky question where it stated choose on or more answers.....And there was only one answer....so they were just bluffing you to see if you picked another....But i believe you get full credit anyways....because you did pick the right answer.

Forum Member

I've been wondering if anyone figured out about the protests yet. I didn't protest anything on 6019, but I'm curious to know if you didn't protest something, someone else did and you had the same answer do you get granted the credit for it when they finish the protest period? Raw scores didn't have real scores, just your answers, the proposed answers and how much each was worth. Then you were mailed a official score and a list number afterwards. Can't really tell now because it was all 1/8 a point and 1/5 a point stuff etc. Yeah I know crazy for not protesting but hey I was like 19 years old and didn't know any better. Also what do you guys think about the questions with more than one answer where it says there may be more than one answer. There were two right answers that I selected but I interpreted the passage a certain way and also added another selection that was NC. Will the whole question be wrong or will I get some points or what? Also that reading question everyone knows the passage states the answer and the answer was something else that it really didn't say clearly. Hoping we'll get credit for that but was that the one everyone's been talking about? Something about something making something? Lol

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DC33017 View Post
    I believe on two questions in the video part,,,,when they gave you multiple times to answer,,, if you got the correct answer but also the wrong answer....they still give you full credit anyway.....

At least that was what I was told from one of the instructors giving out the test.

There was a tricky question where it stated choose on or more answers.....And there was only one answer....so they were just bluffing you to see if you picked another....But i believe you get full credit anyways....because you did pick the right answer.

I got everything on the videos/reading except for the 1 Q you're talking about. I put down 2 answers, 1 of which was right.....I was wondering how they'd handle this, I assumed partial credit but I wouldn't turn away FC. lol

Forum Member

I'm Another one to say.... after speaking with a few people about the test after the protest... Test C was the tricky one.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Truckie 1 day View Post
    I'm Another one to say.... after speaking with a few people about the test after the protest... Test C was the tricky one.
    I took C and it was trickier than I expected, and I missed more questions than I expected. Maybe they factor that in, maybe they don't - unless everyone found the same 2 or 3 questions tricky, I can't imagine they toss those questions. But, luck of the draw...

Forum Member

I also had version C and had one NC which I'm sure I'm getting over turned cause everyone got the same question and everyone protested it. Which is the one that ask what is the purpose of the something and their answer is that something makes something else but that's not what it does cause that one takes something of that something and their answer describes what the WHOLE something does not THAT particular something lol. ( annoying, I know )

Thread Information