Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 100 of 1195 FirstFirst ... 50909798991001011021031101502006001100 ... LastLast
Results 1,981 to 2,000 of 23894
Like Tree9357Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by HopefulFF View Post
    post test anxiety the second my foot hit the pavement...down to wondering "i clicked yes for residency credit, RIGHT?".

Test def wasn't exactly how I expected it to be. I'm certain I did not get every question right, but I think (hope) I got no more than 6-8 wrong. Who knows....
    Thats how I felt. I stepped outside and I think I stared into blank space for a minute or two before I went to my car. I couldn't even work out for a week after the test because I felt like what the hell am I working out towards now.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomFromQueens View Post
    Thats how I felt. I stepped outside and I think I stared into blank space for a minute or two before I went to my car. I couldn't even work out for a week after the test because I felt like what the hell am I working out towards now.
    I honestly said the same thing to myself (sort of). I said I think I'm gonna take off from the gym today because when I got out my back was killing me (afterwards I realized I barely moved from the same position for 4 hours lol), and I was exhausted mentally. But I think I just needed to eat, feel better now, gonna still hit the gym up.

MembersZone Subscriber

Know how you feel, I hoped on my plane and yesterday morning I went to the gym and the questions and my answers started running through my head and started wondering if I answered one of the math problems right and then started over thinking some of the other answers. I am however pretty confident that I didn't bomb the test but the what if played a huge factor into my work out and I started working harder and now I am sore all over.

Forum Member

Phew, guys. It's alright. Most of you exercised your brain well enough to do very well on the test. You're good. Don't stress out. Put that energy into destroying the next step.

Forum Member

post test anxiety the second my foot hit the pavement...down to wondering "i clicked yes for residency credit, RIGHT?".

Test def wasn't exactly how I expected it to be. I'm certain I did not get every question right, but I think (hope) I got no more than 6-8 wrong. Who knows....
    Hahaha I did the exact same thing when i was waiting for my car at the garage. Also the few math questions I had were simple at thought but somehow adding became rocket science to me.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by vekdoggs75 View Post
    Hahaha I did the exact same thing when i was waiting for my car at the garage. Also the few math questions I had were simple at thought but somehow adding became rocket science to me.
    I made a dumb mistake on a math Q, luckily for me I caught it. I can definitely relate.

Forum Member

I made a dumb mistake on a math Q, luckily for me I caught it. I can definitely relate.
    Yeah might have been 20 yrs ago since the last time I did addition on scrap paper in pencil.

Forum Member

So whats the latest on when we get our scores .

Forum Member

Probley in the next 6 months to year... I pray it happens sooner.

Do we have to send dacas our nyc residency information ? Or do they send us something in the mail for it??

Forum Member

has anybody heard about how the test will be scored? be nice to know the value of the questions before the protest/review just to give us a ballpark figure.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by myles8683 View Post
    has anybody heard about how the test will be scored? be nice to know the value of the questions before the protest/review just to give us a ballpark figure.
    Nope, no word yet. I'm assuming we won't know that by the time we go in to review since if we did we would basically have our score unofficially.

Forum Member

also i went to my bank and ordered my bank statements for the required time period and its over 100 pages, most of it is just crap do they want everything or just the 1st page with the dates? i know iam thinking ahead and stuff but i was just wondering

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by myles8683 View Post
    also i went to my bank and ordered my bank statements for the required time period and its over 100 pages, most of it is just crap do they want everything or just the 1st page with the dates? i know iam thinking ahead and stuff but i was just wondering
    I got all my stuff prepared the week the exam notice came out lol. I got 2 cc bill, cable bill, and checking account. With my credit card bills I'm just going with the first couple of pages because it was like 10 pages of nonsense like advertisements and terms and conditions.

Forum Member

scheduled my review for 5/14. That was the first date they had open. I knew that first day would fill up quick.

Forum Member

scheduled my review for 5/14. That was the first date they had open. I knew that first day would fill up quick.
    I had to do the 5/19 morning session in BK - only weekend one available.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by vekdoggs75 View Post
    I had to do the 5/19 morning session in BK - only weekend one available.
    I assume the only reason early dates are available are people who can't/don't want to use a day off from work for this. I had to burn a day but oh well, I'd burn 5 if I could find out right now haha

Forum Member

I assume the only reason early dates are available are people who can't/don't want to use a day off from work for this. I had to burn a day but oh well, I'd burn 5 if I could find out right now haha
    True - I just couldn't imagine taking a couple hours off from work, and coming back into the office with good or bad news. I would come in with either a stupid **** grin or a fuming looney tune.
    HopefulFF likes this.

Forum Member

I'm going Saturday May 12th at noon. I wanted the weekend that way if I did bad I can go home right after and drink away the pain. And if I do good, go home and celebrate with a drink...or several lol. Either way I'm probably drinking that day lol.
    vekdoggs75 and Skavenger85 like this.

Forum Member

Ya, I've already envisioned both scenarios of me leaving the building. Happy, and well....you know. lol

Forum Member

I don't have any of that stuff on the list, such as mortgage or rent statement etc. I have lived in brooklyn my whole life in the same house. I have multiple W-2's and My Drivers license. I don't see how they could tell me I don't have enough proof for the credit.

When can we start talking about the test? how many more days? I am anxious to hear what mannix has to say.

Thread Information