Like Tree10460Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Sorry for typo. I think I mean individuals or candidates.

Forum Member

I have insurance and it covers nothing.

Forum Member

Well said. I would do anything for a chance at this job. The money is a plus, but this is the ultimate job that offers experiences like none other.

Quote Originally Posted by F1R3DNY_Alphabet_City View Post
    To some people, this job doesn't require money to push others. This job is a hobby. A hobby that entitles you to put your 100% dedication in. This job comes with a pension and salary because there are family needs. If you're rarely enjoying this hobby, its not your hobby. It comes with commitment and pride. At anytime you don't feel pride or you don't commit to any job, it would just be another job for you. But to many guys otj, its everything.

Forum Member

2 people have said theyve spoken with mentors and gotten some news. can anyone elaborate on what theyre hearing? thanks

Forum Member

Are you seriously list number 30XX?? Please dont be kidding. It could rip my heart apart!

Quote Originally Posted by Team2strong View Post
    Got my CPAT dates nov 8,20,26
    List 30xx

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by bk60191983 View Post
    2 people have said theyve spoken with mentors and gotten some news. can anyone elaborate on what theyre hearing? thanks
    Nothing new, pretty much we know the same so far. But then again it was the first conversation.

Forum Member

Im just curious. Were you an emt or ever worked ems before? Thanks bro.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderneck30 View Post
    5 more weeks!!!! Thank god, i think ive had enough. It was really fun and exciting in the beginning but now im just like "Ok already...so whats next?" lol. 18 weeks is just entirely too long man. Anyway, i hear they're gonna reduce it to 15 but idk how true that is. Only thing im stressing at this point is CFR. Just gotta make sure i dont have to repeat that course again. But everything else on the fire side is pretty much a wrap.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by kmart1 View Post
    Are you seriously list number 30XX?? Please dont be kidding. It could rip my heart apart!
    I got my dates & I'm 32xx

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by JRodPizza View Post
    Not anymore man.. heard the class in now are a bunch of meat curtains who run no more then 3 miles, they don't get yelled at and FST was removed from passing requirements. Stupid law suit about how the DI's are too hard
    Do the math bro, less time running = more time doing calisthenics. And considering in my company alone we have 3 guys who broke the previous FST record, and I believe zero people failing, it may just be better that way (less running, more pt, that is)

Forum Member

But once again I'm given dates that I can't make & the first day we're allowed to reschedule is no earlier then the 28th & my first practice test is the 28th at 3pm. I wish they had a better system than that.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by EKFCASPER View Post
    I recieved a call from mentor today. Very well spoken LT from queens.
    what is your list number again?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by antmdog View Post
    Do the math bro, less time running = more time doing calisthenics. And considering in my company alone we have 3 guys who broke the previous FST record, and I believe zero people failing, it may just be better that way (less running, more pt, that is)
    Is this Jrod even otj? What does he know?

Forum Member

Frankly the difference between 3 and 5 miles is pretty arbitrary. Especially if you are running the 3 miles for speed and a slow paces for time. Both are gonna improve your cardio. That said, given a choice, the 5 mile is probably better for you.

Shane suggested 5 miles in 40 mins. We should all be preparing for that. Or faster.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by 4040clubBouncer View Post
    Frankly the difference between 3 and 5 miles is pretty arbitrary. Especially if you are running the 3 miles for speed and a slow paces for time. Both are gonna improve your cardio. That said, given a choice, the 5 mile is probably better for you.

Shane suggested 5 miles in 40 mins. We should all be preparing for that. Or faster.
    4040...sent you a PM

Forum Member

Just saying what I heard from DI's.. If spiderneck is saying "what's next?" And he/she got 5 weeks left, obviously academys been toned down.. Last January's academy you had guys dropping a week before graduation date Cus it was still tough as fcuk. And 5 miles a day rather then 3 miles is so much better, the cardiovascular system improves much more, giving your muscles more endurance to muscle through pt due to improving of blood flow

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by nptks View Post
    There really is no justification for residency points. The likelihood that you'll be put into a house that's in your neighborhood is minimal. Lucky if you'll be working in your own borough. Not to mention the realization of the department those points have possibly aided in the admittance of lackluster candidates.
    It's a diversity move. Higher minds in public administration believe that public servants that live in the municipality that they work for will care more at work because they have a vested interest in the community.

Quote Originally Posted by antmdog View Post
    That's what I assumed. I also assume those shorter runs are at a brisker pace. The classes before mine they used to run 6-7 miles by the end of the academy. It used to be a thing that you run to Gracie Mansion and do some PT there before running back. The thing is a slow 6 mile run really isn't the endurance workout that a fast 3-4 is. Long runs get you better at long runs, and at low/moderate level stress, but that's not what you need for going to work at a fire.

Forum Member

Just saying what I heard from DI's.. If spiderneck is saying "what's next?" And he/she got 5 weeks left, obviously academys been toned down.. Last January's academy you had guys dropping a week before graduation date Cus it was still tough as fcuk. And 5 miles a day rather then 3 miles is so much better, the cardiovascular system improves much more, giving your muscles more endurance to muscle through pt due to improving of blood flow
    Spiderneck has a history of playing the academy off like no big deal on here. Don't assume his commentary means it's basically over for them. I can relate to the feeling. At this point there's more behind him than ahead, and especially now that they are getting their week in the field they have a light at the end of the tunnel. It's easy to get antsy, which he obviously is. Doesn't mean the hard stuff is over. Also someone doesn't quit/get fired a week before graduation unless there is a major problem. The fact that someone was let go out of a previous class in such a manner does not mean they were being harder on that class, it means that person was a problem.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan Medic View Post
    Spiderneck has a history of playing the academy off like no big deal on here. Don't assume his commentary means it's basically over for them. I can relate to the feeling. At this point there's more behind him than ahead, and especially now that they are getting their week in the field they have a light at the end of the tunnel. It's easy to get antsy, which he obviously is. Doesn't mean the hard stuff is over. Also someone doesn't quit/get fired a week before graduation unless there is a major problem. The fact that someone was let go out of a previous class in such a manner does not mean they were being harder on that class, it means that person was a problem.

Makes sense, just don't want otj FF's thinking we are weak coming from a toned down academey class, not taking us seriously when we finally hit the job.. But I'll take antmdog and manhattanmedics word, bring on the calisthenics

Forum Member

Pretty sure i recieved a missed call from possibly my mentor at 5pm , I work overnight so I was sleeping all day and just woke up, I do not have a voicemail setup (work reasons) suppose I'll call that number back tomorrow.

Forum Member

Makes sense, just don't want otj FF's thinking we are weak coming from a toned down academey class, not taking us seriously when we finally hit the job.. But I'll take antmdog and manhattanmedics word, bring on the calisthenics
    Everyone is always suspicious of every new class that goes in. The rumor mill sucks, but there's not much you can do except your own personal best. When you graduate you then have the chance to prove yourself wherever you go, regardless of whatever has been said about your class.
    4040clubBouncer likes this.

Forum Member

According to the majority of feedback from firehouses and DIs the last couple of classes have produced some of the best probies the job has seen in a long time. They are very happy with the overall physical fitness and knowledge of the new probies. And according to the guys in the house I'm in for the week right now although we had some nonsense with the mrsa they are still saying that this class is looking to be the best one so far, with a few scumbags of course.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by pericnyc View Post
    what is your list number again?
    26xx

Also just heard, it's looking more like January 16. I don't believe it, I'm still having high hopes for July 15. My friend started his process around the same time I did the year before and he went in this july.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by EKFCASPER View Post
    26xx

Also just heard, it's looking more like January 16. I don't believe it, I'm still having high hopes for July 15. My friend started his process around the same time I did the year before and he went in this july.
    26xx as well, I would be fine obviously with either class, but I have hopes for July as well, it just seems real difficult to believe that the last hired was 13xx, so in 2 classes of give or take 325 , a total of 650 hired, that all they will go is 1:2 on hiring ratio, that seems awfully low for FDNY, 1:3 is more realistic in my opinion and that would pit July 15 at like the 3xxx range, even a 1:2 ratio would put us on the fence for July

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DSNY2FDNY View Post
    26xx as well, I would be fine obviously with either class, but I have hopes for July as well, it just seems real difficult to believe that the last hired was 13xx, so in 2 classes of give or take 325 , a total of 650 hired, that all they will go is 1:2 on hiring ratio, that seems awfully low for FDNY, 1:3 is more realistic in my opinion and that would pit July 15 at like the 3xxx range, even a 1:2 ratio would put us on the fence for July

Yea I questioned my mentor. And he said he will ask around. He told me the Fdny is already around 600 undermanned. Also not including what I think he said 30 retiring a month,guys being promoted.

This past July class went from 730ish up to 1300s

Forum Member

Hey all https://m.giltcity.com/mobile/newyor...tent=nyscoctny saw this gilt city deal. For those of use that dont have a proper stair master st our gym or are adverse to paying high rates here goes 30 days at NYSC for 24$. Get your stairs in. And make sure you do bicep curls
    BrooklynBorn and bklynmike91 like this.

Thread Information