Like Tree11352Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by EKFCASPER View Post
    Yea I questioned my mentor. And he said he will ask around. He told me the Fdny is already around 600 undermanned. Also not including what I think he said 30 retiring a month,guys being promoted.

This past July class went from 730ish up to 1300s

Yea that's 630 numbers. If it follows that then is 1990 for the jan and 2620 for July of next year. Real hard to believe its gonna be that ratio for the life of the list.

Forum Member

I sure hope it moves quicker then what you guys think ha I am staying optimistic for July, im doing the CPAT next month as well... well see only time can tell
    Matador611 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by EKFCASPER View Post
    Yea I questioned my mentor. And he said he will ask around. He told me the Fdny is already around 600 undermanned. Also not including what I think he said 30 retiring a month,guys being promoted.

This past July class went from 730ish up to 1300s
    Yeah, my cousin OTJ was telling me that they're ~500-600 undermanned and then if you take promotions/retirements into account, they're pretty much keeping even rather than adding heads. But he also said the promotions are slowing down, so who knows what the future holds.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by bkopie View Post
    Yeah, my cousin OTJ was telling me that they're ~500-600 undermanned and then if you take promotions/retirements into account, they're pretty much keeping even rather than adding heads. But he also said the promotions are slowing down, so who knows what the future holds.
    500-600 understaffed is a lot…..The OT must be nuts
    bklynmike91 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by 4040clubBouncer View Post
    Yea that's 630 numbers. If it follows that then is 1990 for the jan and 2620 for July of next year. Real hard to believe its gonna be that ratio for the life of the list.
    i think that included a considerable amount of priority, and recycles as well as the end of the EMS (about 100 cadidates total) list on top of the OC. Is that right? Also I believe the priority and EMS lists are done, and apparently despite the MRSA scare, this class has only a handful of recycles.
    bklynmike91 likes this.

Forum Member

Don't think I'll be able to attend the assessment portion of the fitness awareness program tonight due to unforeseen circumstances. Feel pretty much fine on that front as it stands anyway. Am/was more interested in the PT session day anyway, and nothing will stop me from that.

If anyone is going, let us know if they have any predictions on numbers for the January class or any other pertinent info.

Forum Member

Can someone find out if the class after this jan class is starting in May instead of July?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by 4040clubBouncer View Post
    Can someone find out if the class after this jan class is starting in May instead of July?
    In my estimation, and IF the classes every 20 weeks holds true, then we should see a class entering 5/11/2015 & 9/28/2015. I'm probably off by a week or so within those, I kept on coming up with different numbers, it's been a long day.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by dwm326 View Post
    In my estimation, and IF the classes every 20 weeks holds true, then we should see a class entering 5/11/2015 & 9/28/2015. I'm probably off by a week or so within those, I kept on coming up with different numbers, it's been a long day.

The idea of those dates sound amazing. I like that thinking. We will see.
    bklynmike91 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by dwm326 View Post
    ... All estimates ... But ...

Would that September class be the January 2016 class ? If so, i'd probably be lined up for that September class @ 31xx ...

which would be friggin SWEET ! Not too hot, not too cold.
    bklynmike91 likes this.

Forum Member

At the risk of sounding like an idiot I have a quick simple question. I know for the PFT assessment when you first get into the academy the minimums for the push ups and sit ups have to be met within 1 min. My question is if they are doing the 1sec up and 1sec down cadence count for you on the push-ups how does one get past 30 in the minute time frame or am I wrong about the testing procedure.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by sffdnyhopeful09 View Post
    At the risk of sounding like an idiot I have a quick simple question. I know for the PFT assessment when you first get into the academy the minimums for the push ups and sit ups have to be met within 1 min. My question is if they are doing the 1sec up and 1sec down cadence count for you on the push-ups how does one get past 30 in the minute time frame or am I wrong about the testing procedure.

the situps are 1 minute. the pushups are as many as you can do
    sffdnyhopeful09 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gomer Pyle View Post
    ... All estimates ... But ...

Would that September class be the January 2016 class ? If so, i'd probably be lined up for that September class @ 31xx ...

which would be friggin SWEET ! Not too hot, not too cold.
    Not so fast. If the class picks up in September, that means a February graduation date. But...it could mean good weather to do the run.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by roadrunner09 View Post
    Don't think I'll be able to attend the assessment portion of the fitness awareness program tonight due to unforeseen circumstances. Feel pretty much fine on that front as it stands anyway. Am/was more interested in the PT session day anyway, and nothing will stop me from that.

If anyone is going, let us know if they have any predictions on numbers for the January class or any other pertinent info.
    Came back today from the fitness program. Don't want to drop any names but a Lt. indicated anyone less than 1700 on the list has a pretty decent shot at this next academy. His words not mine! Just relaying the info.
    SI91 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by bk60191983 View Post
    the situps are 1 minute. the pushups are as many as you can do
    Thanks. Appreciate the quick response.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ireedmymail View Post
    Came back today from the fitness program. Don't want to drop any names but a Lt. indicated anyone less than 1700 on the list has a pretty decent shot at this next academy. His words not mine! Just relaying the info.
    Yeah I mean, I have an idea of who most likely said that. Sucks for those of us 101's with bad luck of the draw SS #s. I realize that a similar number was thrown out at one of the cpat preps a couple months back. Was hoping maybe it was different now. Really sucks to hear, as he was more or less spot on last time. Thanks obama...

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by roadrunner09 View Post
    Yeah I mean, I have an idea of who most likely said that. Sucks for those of us 101's with bad luck of the draw SS #s. I realize that a similar number was thrown out at one of the cpat preps a couple months back. Was hoping maybe it was different now. Really sucks to hear, as he was more or less spot on last time. Thanks obama...
    He's being conservative.

Forum Member

hes really going out on a limb there... that would be a 1 to 1 ratio
    BrooklynBorn likes this.

Forum Member

Default NYC 5 points question

Good Evening everyone! I have a question, which is currently freaking me out. I am taking my CPAT at DCAS with my Investigation to follow after. I have been getting my paper work together so i can get the extra 5 points and realized that some of my stuff doesnt have my NYC address. My address for my checking and phone bill list yonkers for one month during the time period they ask for (June 2010- June 2011) I have been looking over the list of what is needed and I do have a lot of other stuff which shows my NYC address, such as W2s, college tution bills, Paper work of The department of education. I have uploaded 2 pics showing what i have circled in red. None of the bills where i lived were in my name (in my roommates name). What do you guys think? I'm I screwed for those 5 points???

http://imgur.com/a/DyDUH

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by pericnyc View Post
    hes really going out on a limb there... that would be a 1 to 1 ratio
    Yes. I was thinking the same thing. It's a very conservative estimate and one that could hold true if (a very BIG if) there are no hiccups with anyone's paperwork, no one defers (for whatever reasons) no one fails the run, etc.... Of course it's purely all speculation at this point but I'd think a 2:1 ratio is more likely. I don't know if the days of the 3:1 or whatever it used to be will happen.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Medic2312 View Post
    Yes. I was thinking the same thing. It's a very conservative estimate and one that could hold true if (a very BIG if) there are no hiccups with anyone's paperwork, no one defers (for whatever reasons) no one fails the run, etc.... Of course it's purely all speculation at this point but I'd think a 2:1 ratio is more likely. I don't know if the days of the 3:1 or whatever it used to be will happen.
    What u fail to realize is that a lot of guys that should have gotten into the current class were passed over . Either because of paperwork or other reasons , that's why they are estimating the number so low . Frank told us at metro tech , the last class has a lot of guys who were passed over that are expected to go into the next class . The ratio could still be 2:1 or 3:1 because of the numbers that were passed over .

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by k20dc2 View Post
    What u fail to realize is that a lot of guys that should have gotten into the current class were passed over . Either because of paperwork or other reasons , that's why they are estimating the number so low . Frank told us at metro tech , the last class has a lot of guys who were passed over that are expected to go into the next class . The ratio could still be 2:1 or 3:1 because of the numbers that were passed over .
    For this class to only get to 1700....i would give up all hope.
    46**

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Matador611 View Post
    For this class to only get to 1700....i would give up all hope.
    46**
    Again it is all speculation no one really knows everything. Imho I would be shocked if the list hits 2000 for the next class . But hey who the hell knows

Forum Member

HOLY *****!!! Whhhhyyyyy do you guys continue to speculate crazily and worry about these numbers backwards and forwards! As I said many times, the projections from CID (provided to mentors) are for the next class to reach 2000-2100.....give or take (of course).

Just be ready! Worse case......you go a class later.....

Forum Member

How did the session go? A lot of people? I have my session on Saturday so I was just curious about what to expect.
    Rdarf85 likes this.

Thread Information