Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
Like Tree9122Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

  1. #20101
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    nyc
    Posts
    276

    Default

    keep seeing car lease deals wondering... if you had the option to have a car, to participate in a car pool or to take public transportation to the academy, what would you do?

    happy opening day
    Exam 2000
    score 100
    #24xx

    not an expert, just reading these forums since 2043


  2. #20102
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    116

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 4040clubBouncer View Post
    keep seeing car lease deals wondering... if you had the option to have a car, to participate in a car pool or to take public transportation to the academy, what would you do?

    happy opening day
    Personally I would never want to depend on public transportation for the academy. The stress of it is enough to steer me away. There is a bus stop right outside the gate to the academy but it is not a frequently made stop and by the time you get home at night you would probably have to go to bed an hour later just to be up earlier than everyone else.

    Best bet is to immediately secure a carpool and contribute money to make up for not having a vehicle or buy a beater car for $1000 that gets 30mpg and get rid of it after the academy.
    4040clubBouncer likes this.

  3. #20103
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    183

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DannyD0pe View Post
    I see. So maybe a December/early Jan class. Anything is possible at this point.
    I'd think earlier than that... If it's true, would be 20 weeks from start of academy in July, so some point in October (without looking at a calendar)?

  4. #20104
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    573

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by test2000 View Post
    I'd think earlier than that... If it's true, would be 20 weeks from start of academy in July, so some point in October (without looking at a calendar)?
    if the academy starts in mid-july then october would only be somewhere between 10-14 weeks, no?

  5. #20105
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    183

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NycQ83 View Post
    if the academy starts in mid-july then october would only be somewhere between 10-14 weeks, no?
    Haha, it could be... was rough math quickly done in my head...

    Yeah, it would be either last week of November of very early December.

    So if it is true that they start doing a class every 20 weeks and the next class starts 7/14/14, here would be the potential start date of classes (if they stick with the schedule of a class every 20 weeks):
    7/14/14
    12/1/14
    4/20/15
    9/7/15
    1/25/16
    6/13/16
    10/31/16
    3/20/17

    Basically one more class than we thought 8 rather than 7.
    Last edited by test2000; 04-07-2014 at 08:29 PM.
    grizzle likes this.

  6. #20106
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    188

    Default

    Also keep in mind holidays. I'm pretty sure they won't run the acady during Xmas and such, not for us but for the instructors, so that will push classes back.

  7. #20107
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    234

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jky9xx View Post
    Also keep in mind holidays. I'm pretty sure they won't run the acady during Xmas and such, not for us but for the instructors, so that will push classes back.
    Yes, I was thinking the same.
    Score: 102
    List#: 11xx
    Intake Interview: Oct 29, 2013
    CPAT: Nov 9, 2013
    Psych: Jan 25, 2014
    Med: Jan 29, 2014
    Run Letter: June 18, 2014
    Run Date: June 25, 2014
    Academy Start Date: July 14, 2014

  8. #20108
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    573

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jky9xx View Post
    Also keep in mind holidays. I'm pretty sure they won't run the acady during Xmas and such, not for us but for the instructors, so that will push classes back.
    I think you get off, but its not like elementary school were you get 2 weeks off lol probably a day or so.. just like they do for thanksgiving.


    Elementary school christmas break... those were the days
    vekdoggs75 likes this.

  9. #20109
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    213

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 4040clubBouncer View Post
    keep seeing car lease deals wondering... if you had the option to have a car, to participate in a car pool or to take public transportation to the academy, what would you do?

    happy opening day

    i wouldnt depend on MTA unless you had to. im lucky enough to have my fiances honda accord readily accessible. im just gonna have to let her drive my new grand cherokee :/
    List 26XX
    Score:100

  10. #20110
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    263

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by test2000 View Post
    Haha, it could be... was rough math quickly done in my head...

    Yeah, it would be either last week of November of very early December.

    So if it is true that they start doing a class every 20 weeks and the next class starts 7/14/14, here would be the potential start date of classes (if they stick with the schedule of a class every 20 weeks):
    7/14/14
    12/1/14
    4/20/15
    9/7/15
    1/25/16
    6/13/16
    10/31/16
    3/20/17

    Basically one more class than we thought 8 rather than 7.
    The academy is 18 weeks so a new class may start two weeks after.

  11. #20111
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    84

    Default

    Im curious..are ff allowed to pick up ot at other houses?

  12. #20112
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    188

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NycQ83 View Post
    I think you get off, but its not like elementary school were you get 2 weeks off lol probably a day or so.. just like they do for thanksgiving.


    Elementary school christmas break... those were the days
    I'm sure the instructors want more than a day or two off.

  13. #20113
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    573

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jky9xx View Post
    I'm sure the instructors want more than a day or two off.
    Im referring to just Christmas itself. Most professions get 1 (maybe 2) days off for Christmas. And Im just going off the fact that they only had 1 day off for Thanksgiving. They definitely might want more then a few days off between classes though.

    Either way, I have no clue what I'm talking about lol just throwing out a possibility. Someone on the job would be much better at answering this.

  14. #20114
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Astoria
    Posts
    116

    Default

    What is the address for both DCAS and CID for change of address notification?
    2000-36XX
    6019-19XX

  15. #20115
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Bronx, N.Y
    Posts
    26

    Default

    Does anyone know what the medical appeal process is like?

  16. #20116
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    79

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dwm326 View Post
    What is the address for both DCAS and CID for change of address notification?
    I'd call if I were you. Letters can be lost in the mail. Call and perhaps send an email. Anyone else having a positive experience with their investigator? Mine responds to my emails and has been professional and helpful. Do not want to jinx it but considering how busy I know they must be mine has been accessible for the most part. Anyways hopefully see those within my list number range in this next academy or the following one.

  17. #20117
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Astoria
    Posts
    116

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Medic2312 View Post
    I'd call if I were you. Letters can be lost in the mail. Call and perhaps send an email. Anyone else having a positive experience with their investigator? Mine responds to my emails and has been professional and helpful. Do not want to jinx it but considering how busy I know they must be mine has been accessible for the most part. Anyways hopefully see those within my list number range in this next academy or the following one.
    I'll call CID, do I have to let DCAS know at this point?

    The next portion of processing for me is the CPAT, and from what I recall, that is all FDNY from then on.
    2000-36XX
    6019-19XX

  18. #20118
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Staten Island
    Posts
    69

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dwm326 View Post
    I'll call CID, do I have to let DCAS know at this point?

    The next portion of processing for me is the CPAT, and from what I recall, that is all FDNY from then on.
    You got a packet?

  19. #20119
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Astoria
    Posts
    116

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Matador611 View Post
    You got a packet?
    Ha!, I wish. I'm sitting in the mid 3000's. I'd venture to guess I should see something in the mail this summer.
    2000-36XX
    6019-19XX

  20. #20120
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    79

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dwm326 View Post
    I'll call CID, do I have to let DCAS know at this point?

    The next portion of processing for me is the CPAT, and from what I recall, that is all FDNY from then on.
    Yes. You should contact DCAS. They are the ones whom handle all the CPAT official work. The prep courses are offered by the FDNY but in regards to the actual test, it's all DCAS.
    dwm326 likes this.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

Similar Threads

  1. Remember The Brothers 9-11-01
    By E40FDNYL35 in forum The 9-11 Tragedy
    Replies: 127
    Last Post: 09-12-2013, 04:08 AM
  2. Fdny exam
    By ffkisselstein in forum Hiring & Employment Discussion
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 11-04-2010, 12:43 PM
  3. Firefighters Betrayed
    By Nail200 in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 259
    Last Post: 07-07-2007, 03:11 PM
  4. FDNY Medical Exam
    By FDNY78 in forum Testing & Fitness
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-05-2005, 11:16 AM
  5. No Firefighter Should Ever Die Again
    By blancety in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 280
    Last Post: 07-09-2005, 11:07 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts