Like Tree9854Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DannyD0pe View Post
    I though 25 jumping jacks then 10 push ups x 5 with no rest was the PT warm up.

Also, did you guys workout with the 10lb dumbbell. About how many sets and reps for Tricep extensions, shoulder pressing etc. ?

I have my PT session Saturday. I'm going to do my circuit training today then rest until Saturday.
    that was the warm up today. they said on first day of academy because its so hectic and people cant get in sync that is what they do for 45 minutes straight. yes we used 10 pound dumbells. held them for squats, lunges, bicep curls, tricep extensions and shoulder presses. 10-15 reps.
    DannyD0pe likes this.

Forum Member

Question :

During intake do they ask if you've ever been fired from a previous position ?

How would one go about answering this successfully ...

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gomer Pyle View Post
    Question :

just be honest. odds are they will call them

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gomer Pyle View Post
    Question :

I believe you do have to specify if you quit/were fired from previous jobs.

Answer it successfully by being honest. Getting caught in the lie is much worse than whatever the truth is.

Forum Member

One of my buddies got a dq letter for pulmonary and he's in the low 1400's. Don't know if he's gonna make this class now.

Forum Member

Yea was that a background or medical DQ? I assume they both entail vastly different things

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan Medic View Post
    I believe you do have to specify if you quit/were fired from previous jobs.

Answer it successfully by being honest. Getting caught in the lie is much worse than whatever the truth is.
    So if you worked a job for two weeks and was fired you would just list it and not worry about it? Talking college at this point. Who hasn't been there.

It's better safe than sorry I guess in this sort of situation

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ffs2be View Post
    One of my buddies got a dq letter for pulmonary and he's in the low 1400's. Don't know if he's gonna make this class now.
    Pulmonary ... like what exactly ? heavy breathing ? smoker ? stair master related ?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ffs2be View Post
    ah damn that's rough. i hope he's able to appeal it successfully. i'm assuming he has asthma?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by 4040clubBouncer View Post
    So if you worked a job for two weeks and was fired you would just list it and not worry about it? Talking college at this point. Who hasn't been there.

It's better safe than sorry I guess in this sort of situation
    Personally that'd probably depend on whether or not that job collected taxes from me, which would make it show up on the social security earnings report. Really though, I don't think they care about a lot of the specifics, they just want an honest account of your job history.

Forum Member

Think they're waiting to send packets till after CPat? How many actually fail the CPat?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by 4040clubBouncer View Post
    Think they're waiting to send packets till after CPat? How many actually fail the CPat?
    Word.

Where are these packets ? I thought we'd have them by now.

Forum Member

It's because he said he had childhood asthma at the medical. He had to take a methcholine challenge test and he failed it the first time and got a proposed dq letter. He passed the second time and got a dq letter. He spoke to the nurse at metrotech and he had to submit 2 pft's along with the passed tests. So he sent that off and is waiting to hear back on his appeal.

Forum Member

Does anyone know if this test will make it to the low 6000s? I keep hearing a new test is on the way so it seems unlikely that it will make it to 6000. Thank you.

Forum Member

Hey, know one really knows for sure exactly how far they are going to get. Exam 2000 doesnt expire until June 26th 2017. That's along way away. The longer the list stays open the more applicants they will go through to fill a class. The first few classes I want to say fill up quick because they havent waited as long. The longer you wait the more peoples lives change. Life happens, who cant afford to take the job, who moves, who cant prove residency. The list goes on and on just stay positive and train as if you were going into the academy tomorrow.

Also, i just found out from a reliable source that they just hired roughly 20 new investigators. I don't know what that means. I would like to hope it means 3 academys a year and really start flying through the list, but hey who knows.
    4040clubBouncer likes this.

Thread Information