Like Tree9870Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ready4fire View Post
    If j specifically stick to sprints do you think thats good enough?

Not really, I would throw some distance in there. Sprints are good for improving lung capacity/speed but still will need to go for distance in my opinion.
    DannyD0pe likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by tmccormack24 View Post
    does anyone how far in advance the run letter are sent out in advance of the start of the academy? If the next class starts 12/29, roughly when will the wave of run letters be mailed out?

Thanks.
    Run letters for the last class started getting emailed on 6/2 for a 7/14 academy which is about a month and a half in advance. If our academy starts 12/29 then the first batch of run emails may start getting sent out mid November IMO. What do you guys think ?

And for guys that want to predict what class they might be going into the previous 4 classes have gone through about 600-700 spots to fill up each class so do the math with those numbers.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Herc_1812 View Post
    Yeah that's what I was saying in my head..and not saying Mr. Lin is not accurate with his assumption, it just seems to be to rough on the edges. Regardless of anything my mind is set on jan 16. July 15 would just be extremely uplifting
    keep hope alive for the 3classes a year. Im also in the 30xx range and hoping to make it to the Sept class if so. January 2016 seems so freakin far.

Forum Member

Does anyone know where the updated list can be found?

Forum Member

workout

based on what we did yesterday at the pt session im going to be making up my own workouts based off that for the next weeks and i will post on here. i will be doing this one tomorrow.

5 min warmup double unders/rowing

5 rounds 25 jumping jacks 10 pushups
    1 min rest
    5 rounds 5 burpees 10 kb swings 30 second plank hold
    1 min rest
    5 rounds 5 burpees 10 box jump 10 mountain climbers
    1 min rest
    5 rounds 5 burpees 5 slow pushups 5 strict pullups
    1 min rest
    5 rounds 50 foot farmers carry (holding heavy dumbells or kettlebells) 20 situps
    DannyD0pe likes this.

Forum Member

75 burpees... thats one way to get in shape. be nice to your wrists on those burpees

if 700 per class is the new normal. these are the next classes

jan 15 - 2059
    july 15 -2759
    jan 16 - 3459

my guess is july 15 class stops at list number between 2500-2800

Forum Member

Don't sleep on the grip strengthing exercises, fellas. From what everybody says, it's pretty crucial. Using that rope pull machine at the academy during cpat prep should have given you an idea, if you've gotten to by now.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by 4040clubBouncer View Post
    75 burpees... thats one way to get in shape. be nice to your wrists on those burpees

if 700 per class is the new normal. these are the next classes

jan 15 - 2059
    july 15 -2759
    jan 16 - 3459

my guess is july 15 class stops at list number between 2500-2800
    This is the best ball-park guess anyone's come up with. I'd say this is a fair estimate, however, I would expect the number of people canvased to up from 700 per class, could jump up to 900ish as the list goes deeper.

****To the guy asking about a medical appeal:

Consult a labor attorney ASAP. You want to file the appeal correctly and you want them to take you seriously. Remember, you want this job, they don't want you or need you. There's another guy on the list right behind you, they'll move on. You have to take the appeal process very seriously.
    Matador611 likes this.

Forum Member

My mentor texted me today to tell
    Me that's theres no new updates. Oh wait besides the next class might start dec 29. Glad to hear since I haven't even had my first cpat date... -___-
    Last edited by EKFCASPER; Yesterday at 06:52 PM.

Forum Member

I still havent been contacted from a mentor yet, should I wait a little longer or contact FDNY?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gianni1028 View Post
    I still havent been contacted from a mentor yet, should I wait a little longer or contact FDNY?
    Just wait and be patient. They will get to you. The mentors usually have assigned three candidates each and it's not like them contacting you sooner will make your processing go any faster.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DannyD0pe View Post
    Just wait and be patient. They will get to you. The mentors usually have assigned three candidates each and it's not like them contacting you sooner will make your processing go any faster.
    Thanks for the feedback. i wasnt aware they were assigned 3 candidates each, they must be busy then..and Im not expecting miracles from a mentor, just was curious and trying to stay on top of things.

Forum Member

Got a question sitting in the 33xx range I broke my leg about a year or so ago and had to have a rod put in my tib. It doesn't bother me and I still can exercise and run regularly. Is there a chance I can be dqed for the medical exam?

Forum Member

About how long after you pass the cpat do you get your medical? I'm guessing they rather not give the medical until there pretty certain that there going to reach your list number for the upcoming academy.
    4040clubBouncer likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by vayate7 View Post
    Got a question sitting in the 33xx range I broke my leg about a year or so ago and had to have a rod put in my tib. It doesn't bother me and I still can exercise and run regularly. Is there a chance I can be dqed for the medical exam?
    I think rods and pins are automatic DQs. Not 100% sure though, sorry.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan Medic View Post
    I think rods and pins are automatic DQs. Not 100% sure though, sorry.
    They will look at the xrays and decide from there. I heard someone otj had a rod when going in. If the surgery was done correctly and it's in their liking you should be ok. just remember to bring your medical records since its still within the last 5 years

Forum Member

They will look at the xrays and decide from there. I heard someone otj had a rod when going in. If the surgery was done correctly and it's in their liking you should be ok. just remember to bring your medical records since its still within the last 5 years

Forum Member

Hey guys,
    Long time ghost follower here, and after I while I figured I'd make an account and jump in. First off, congrats to all you guys gearing up for this January class, and good luck. As for the rest of us, it seems like every week or two, somebody talks to an investigator or somebody OTJ and comes out with some radically different hiring ratio and everybody gets nervous or bummed out.
    The truth, in my opinion, runs pretty consistent with what FDNYSouthBX has been repeating for months.
    Into Jan'14, the list moved at a 2:1; July'14 at a 2.3:1; and if Jan'15 hits 2200 it's a 2.5:1 ratio.
    So the amount of numbers per class IS getting higher and nothing suggests it's going to do anything but remain the same or get higher.
    As for the 3 classes a year deal, the city has already stated in the 2015 budget for the FDNY that there will be classes of 320 candidates every 20 weeks (making 2015 classes: Dec29th, May 20th, and Oct 7th). source: http://council.nyc.gov/downloads/pdf...Department.pdf
    (Page 4)
    So although I would definately consider myself an optimist in this situation, the numbers so far, (and how they have been increasing) is the best way to plan our paths out for the next couple of years and get our ducks in a row. I'm sitting at 36xx and believe it or not, I'm gonna be hoping for October'15(with that 2.5:1 ratio), and if not, at least ill get to spend a couple more months on here, bull****ting with all of you fine gentleman. Cheers!
    Last edited by BD1017; Today at 09:27 AM.

Thread Information