Like Tree9885Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Jumping rope?? Ahh ****

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by vekdoggs75 View Post
    Jumping rope?? Ahh ****
    not actually jumping rope...just "pretend" jumping rope lol. (jumping in place and moving your wrists as if you WERE jumping rope)
    vekdoggs75 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by bk60191983 View Post
    not actually jumping rope...just "pretend" jumping rope lol. (jumping in place and moving your wrists as if you WERE jumping rope)
    LOL I was literally on the verge of going out and buying a jump rope. I haven't done that since grade school.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by NYCTraditions View Post
    This was the actual workout or this is your variation of it?

Could someone post what the workout was for those of us who could not attend?
    What we did Wednesday night consisted of 6 different exercises all in a hiit style format. Burpees, squats, forward & side lat rises, in & outs, military presses, and push-ups. After our warmup which bk60191983 posted, we started the workout. 1 set of all of those exercises without a water break, going at 10 reps per exercise until we finished the pushups, where we then ran in place until we started doing the exercises again at 9 reps per exercise. They gave us a water break after every 2 sets of the 6 exercises. We did this until we finished with 1 of everything, although we did more burpees and maybe more pushups than just 1 at the end.

The forward and side lat rises, and the military press are done only with the 10 lb Dumbbells. You should feel it at the end. Oh and prepare to do it outside, we had to do it inside because of the rain, however they were pushing to have us do it outside anyways.

Forum Member

[QUOTE=SI91;1423383]What we did Wednesday night consisted of 6 different exercises all in a hiit style format. Burpees, squats, forward & side lat rises, in & outs, military presses, and push-ups. After our warmup which bk60191983 posted, we started the workout. 1 set of all of those exercises without a water break, going at 10 reps per exercise until we finished the pushups, where we then ran in place until we started doing the exercises again at 9 reps per exercise. They gave us a water break after every 2 sets of the 6 exercises. We did this until we finished with 1 of everything, although we did more burpees and maybe more pushups than just 1 at the end.

what are in & outs??

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by roadrunner09 View Post
    Should I not workout today at all if attending tomorrow's session? Lol
    I know I'm not. Been feeling a lot of pain in my lower legs so I'm just gonna rest for tomorrow. No clue what to expect so I'd like to be fresh for it.

Forum Member

For the guys that already took the calisthenics class, did they keep you for the full 2 hours? I'm just trying to get a better handle on the day and figure out what to do with my kids and how long I'll need someone to watch them for.

Forum Member

In and outs:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qxCCTimatsM

And the calastestic session lasted the full 2 hours I believe, but a good portion of it consisted of the firefighters talking to us and answering our questions
    bk60191983 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DannyD0pe View Post
    They told us at the fitness awareness program that there will not be 3 academys per year. That report is from March. They would have started the 12/29 class on 12/1 if they planned on doing an academy every 20 weeks. And if they do start doing academy's every 20 weeks then I think that would only make 1 extra class hired before the list expires. I agree with your hiring ratio about 12/29 going into the 1900-2000s. The rumors are that a lot of people got skipped under 1359 and will be in the next class but we have heard the same thing about the previous classes time and time again so we just have to wait and see how much that factors into the hiring ratio this time around. As far as recycles a probie in the academy posted that there were only about 10 recycles so that shouldn't factor much into the hiring ratio. We just have to wait and see until run letters get sent out to get an idea of far the list will go.
    Ahhh man!....I guess its a pretty reliable source. Was hoping for 3 in a year

Forum Member

In & Outs look a lot like Mountain climbers, which we did a lot of in my class. Might be interchangeable.

Forum Member

I plan to show up sore tomorrow, gonna be sore for 18 weeks anyways so might as well get used to it
    bk60191983 and Matador611 like this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by bacon View Post
    I plan to show up sore tomorrow, gonna be sore for 18 weeks anyways so might as well get used to it
    I took 2 days rest which is the weekend rest you get while at the academy. I want to see how my body reacts the next day after a PT workout. I shouldn't feel as sore since I've been getting my body used to high endurance circuit training and if I am feeling really sore the next day then that means I have a lot more work to do.
    sffdnyhopeful09 likes this.

Forum Member

Field week was awesome

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomFromQueens View Post
    Field week was awesome
    When is graduation day and family day ?
    4040clubBouncer likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomFromQueens View Post
    Field week was awesome
    What's your last day at the rock? (presumably the day assignments are given)

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan Medic View Post
    What's your last day at the rock? (presumably the day assignments are given)
    Graduation is the 18th so I'm guessing that Friday, the 14th.

Forum Member

How's it going folks? Just had a few questions regarding background check and psych eval. So this year has been really tough. My parents were forced into retirement mid last year, and they moved out of NYC around November 2013. My desire to be a FF kept me in the city. However, I had to spend a month or two homeless until I found shelter. And then I got a job, etc. However all of this caused me to have a very hectic shedule. I am in the class for jan, but I'm just now completing my paperwork for the investigation. Will this hurt me? And how do I know if I passed the psych eval? Thank you for your time and good luck everyone!

Thread Information