Like Tree9843Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DC33017 View Post

At least that was what I was told from one of the instructors giving out the test.

There was a tricky question where it stated choose on or more answers.....And there was only one answer....so they were just bluffing you to see if you picked another....But i believe you get full credit anyways....because you did pick the right answer.
    If memory serves me right, at my review they handed out a sheet showing if you answered two answers it was no credit. The sheet was giving as an example sought.

Forum Member

It's funny because myself and someone else had exam B and we thought we had the tricky one lol.

Forum Member

In general all these scores seem pretty great and at first that was making me nervous. "Oh God everyone is gonna have a 99 or better on this friggin test!". I was worried that 10,000 people would have 99 or better with residency, vet, etc. But honestly think about it, not many people are gonna come on this site and brag about getting 10 NC's and 40 PC. Aside from the fact that those people probably dont care enough to find a site like this, no one wants to stick their neck out and say they bombed a whole test.

Forum Member

I just got back from my review. I had form B and got three wrong in the first part which I protested all of them because my answers made sense.. But I got a lot of partial credits on the second part. That part of the test was bull**** you had to be lying to get full credit!!

Forum Member

hey dont post on here very much but try and keep up with the post. I didnt go to my review because of living out of state and down south. wanted to say congrats to all who did well. I took a class this week with a very very good source(some one pretty secure with info who is a fdny member ) and this was his info to me.
    short about 6-7000
    hiring about 3-4000 off the list
    for every 1 they put into the acadmey they go through 3-4 people(due to cpat and other factors)
    in good times thats 12,000 in this economy more people will take the job so figure about 9000
    what it comes down to is if you get your list number which should be out by JULY if you are under 10000 you have a shot in the top 5000 you are in really good shape since im a fireman down south just keeping my fingers crossed for july and hoping it all goes well. just wanted to share the info good luck to all

Forum Member

really like how active the forum has been lately.. keep it up guys, and good luck to everyone.. While you wait for your lists number just keep on training, nothing beats good health and staying physically active

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jay513 View Post
    really like how active the forum has been lately.. keep it up guys
    It also keeps me busy at work lol.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomFromQueens View Post
    It also keeps me busy at work lol.
    Keeps me sane at work. "New post? OMG, maybe its an article saying the Mayor is hiring 3000 of us next week and that the Vulcans have decided to move to Latvia with Judge Garafus!"
    3000miles likes this.

Forum Member

1 nc on first 4 sections, 5 pc on personality w/ all protested on the personality. Soo ****ed at my stupid mistake to get the one NC. Oh well, gotta roll with the punches on this one.

Forum Member

Hey guys, I have my review tomorrow at 12. Anyone know if they'll give me a problem if I show up a couple hours early?

Forum Member

You guys getting 5 or less pcs on the back end killed it, idk how you did it lol

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by kd44 View Post
    Hey guys, I have my review tomorrow at 12. Anyone know if they'll give me a problem if I show up a couple hours early?
    For my review at least, they didn't let us in until about 20 minutes before the start time.

Forum Member

I scrolled the last two pages in trying to catch up. Hope someone hasn't covered my thoughts yet:

A wise man once said that these personality tests are built to find leaders and followers. From that, they can choose one, the other or both. What if it goes deeper? What if, based on partial credits and full credits, the put us into groups of personalities? Say I got nothing but FC's and they call me a leader. Another candidate gets nothing but PC's on the low-end (as each PC would be weighted differently) would be a follower and a third candidate gets a mix (might be labelled as something like "follower with leadership tendencies"). Then, they find out in which group a majority of the minorities scored and put the most weight on that group of personalities. From this group, they would start the list numbers. Remember, the test won't be validated until after the judge takes a look and approves. It's easy to throw together some statistics like what I've described

I feel like the conspiracy theories can only get crazier... lol
    Test: 2000
    Score: 98
    List Number: 60**

Forum Member

On the personality section to get a perfect score you had to of lied... maybe they were looking for the people who got in the "middle" since they were probably more truth full

Forum Member
    Hiding in the shadows waiting for the sun!!

Joinfdny said that the psi administrators stating that we will see our scores in July are incorrect. They also said that the courts have to approve the results before they send them out to candidates.

Forum Member

One way or the other, I wouldn't freak out about how anyone did on the personality questions just yet. You may know if you got FC or PC on a question, but who knows how each question will be weighted. The powers that be can weigh each question however they want and you'll never really know how they did it, so long as it achieves their desired agenda.

My best advice would be to work out and enjoy the summer! All this speculation is just gunna drive everyone mad.
    Fdnytolife4130 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by SmokeShowing307 View Post
    On the personality section to get a perfect score you had to of lied... maybe they were looking for the people who got in the "middle" since they were probably more truth full
    Thats what the instructor of the prep class I took said. That if you get a perfect score then they know you're lying, so you want to be in a certain range thats a little under perfect. But seeing how their grading every question individual, it doesn't seem like thats what their going to do, but at the end of the day, none of us know how their going to grade it, well just have to wait and find out.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by dkjets75 View Post
    For my review at least, they didn't let us in until about 20 minutes before the start time.
    Thanks man.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by vekdoggs75 View Post
    I got my review tomorrow and appreciate all the info you guys have provided thus far. One question and it's definitely going to be varied, but what would your best guesstimate of how long this review thing is? Is it fair to assume if you took a long time on the exam then it's going to take awhile on the review? If this sounds like a rahtard question, I apologize in advance.
    They kicked me out when my computer screen still said like 1 hour.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by kd44 View Post
    Thats what the instructor of the prep class I took said. That if you get a perfect score then they know you're lying, so you want to be in a certain range thats a little under perfect. But seeing how their grading every question individual, it doesn't seem like thats what their going to do, but at the end of the day, none of us know how their going to grade it, well just have to wait and find out.
    I hope thats the way it is but I doubt they would have said it was the correct answer if it was a trick qualifier.

Forum Member

Just finished. 2nc and 9pc. I guess all those x girlfriends were rite about my sh***Y personality

Forum Member

All I know is that after acing the first 4 parts, I'll be one ****ed mofo if I don't get on the job because "I lose things much less than others" lol.

Forum Member

Does anyone know how the list works if your under 21? Do they just skip over you? or are you just called to the first class available after you turn 21? Also, am I the only one that thinks it's complete BS that volunteers don't get any extra credit?

Forum Member

Sdeluca they will make you go through the whole process and put you on hold till you reached the required age to get in the academy. About the volunteer part, i dont want to offend anyone here or anyone whos family member, close friend or what lever but no I don't think is BS, there's not much requirements to be a volunteer firefighter so to me there's no reason on why they should, actually most volunteers that I seen are obesed or close to it. Just my opinion anyways others can think differently.
    My1Goal likes this.

Forum Member

Ok thanks, that cleared up a lot.
    On the volunteer thing, I mean your right on some aspects but most of the young guys like me are in shape, and are the ones taking the test. And I mean you get points for living in the city, but no points for already being trained and experienced as a firefighter? Doesn't make sense to me but it is what it is I guess

Thread Information