Like Tree9944Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by EKFCASPER View Post
    I have cpat this Saturday. How is the timing scheduled? My paper says 3pm, so will I start at 3pm and hopefully be out within a half Hour? My reason for asking is because I'm getting a ride from SI and the person driving is curious.
    @ DCAS ?

If so, definitely plan on being there at least 1 - 2 Hrs. Did you attend the orientation sessions ?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by bacon View Post
    In my humble opinion, these assessments are to cover the rock's *** to show people who are failing the academy while they are in that this is how you came to us, the baseline assessments tests show what you're at and the next one will show you if you did or did not put in the work. These days people are quick to blame everyone else and not themselves and this is evidence for the acdemy to show any lawsuits or complaints that you are failing because you didn't prepare, don't blame the acdemy that it's too tough. It's great that they are doing this for candidates and these days it seems like people need to be motivated instead of motivating themselves for the best job in the world. They are giving a lot of resources to succeed while classes in the past did not have an ounce of extra help. It's either you want it bad or not. Stay motivated friends and don't just do two days of PT because the instructors say that's all they do a week, do it five days or more for this will be the best feeling we will ever have once we step foot on a rig heading to a job and all the work you put in will pay off.
    Not just the Rock's ***, but the department as a whole. They're spending a lot of time and money trying to better prepare people, and I'm sure a large part of it is a desire weed people out before the academy and have less people dropping out in week 1 when they finally get a taste of the rock. That said… they've learned their lesson with the lawsuit. Every action is documented, everything that can be measured is measured. Part of it is to protect themselves from a future lawsuit, but it's also about improving the programs that they are running. It's hard to make changes if you don't know what works/doesn't work.

You're somewhat right in your assessment of the situation, but it's not entirely about avoiding future litigation.
    SI91 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gomer Pyle View Post
    @ DCAS ?

If so, definitely plan on being there at least 1 - 2 Hrs. Did you attend the orientation sessions ?
    Yes I attended the Dcas sessions. I asked that day and the older gentleman said to me he wasn't sure.

Forum Member

I have cpat this Saturday. How is the timing scheduled? My paper says 3pm, so will I start at 3pm and hopefully be out within a half Hour? My reason for asking is because I'm getting a ride from SI and the person driving is curious.
    When I did my Cpat I ended up arriving two hours early (only time I could get a ride) and they let me go in right away. They told me the timing was mostly arbitrary and they were letting people go as they showed. With the two videos you have to re watch and the Cpat I finished up an hour.

Forum Member

I was scheduled for 3pm & showed up pretty early but they just make you sit there until about 10 mins before 3. Then they bring you in to get your fingerprints & sign a couple forms. Then you watch the CPAT video.. this is probably the only time placement plays a roll. If you sit in the back near the door then you'll be the first up to run the course therefore get out earlier. If you're there for 3pm & theres no one left over from the group before you still running the course, you'll be outta there around 3:30ish.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by 336Brooklyn View Post
    When I did my Cpat I ended up arriving two hours early (only time I could get a ride) and they let me go in right away. They told me the timing was mostly arbitrary and they were letting people go as they showed. With the two videos you have to re watch and the Cpat I finished up an hour.
    I agree with this though, it doesn't look like they care when you're supposed to be there, just that you're on the list for that day.

Thread Information