Like Tree10628Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gomer Pyle View Post
    Boom.

How did it feel in comparison to training at the Rock ?

I'm so AMPED for my test next week ...

I think it's easier than at the rock. I also thought my heart was gonna fly thru my chest with all the adrenaline.
    bklynmike91 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by bkopie View Post
    I can only hope lol, I'm at the backend of it because the SS# they used to sort is 8.
    Which number do they use?

Forum Member

What did everyone get in their cpat times? Anyone in the 2500s hear more from their mentors?!?

Forum Member

Boom.

How did it feel in comparison to training at the Rock ?

I'm so AMPED for my test next week ...
    Honestly it didn't feel too much different, slightly easier IMO, only took 4 seconds off my best rock time.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by EKFCASPER View Post
    I think it's easier than at the rock. I also thought my heart was gonna fly thru my chest with all the adrenaline.
    I agree ahaha my heart was blumpin on the stair master ! still finished with 2 and a half mins to spare.. the rock was less pressure I think but at DCAS it wasnt like it was hard just your more nervous cause it counts.

Forum Member

Wondering what everyones opinion of the training videos that were posted on the FDNY website. I feel both are definitely manageable but challenging. Sore the next day but not too bad. I have a feeling these are watered down versions of what to expect at the Rock. It was a wake up for me because I have definitely been sleeping on the lunges. My hamstrings were the sorest part of my body. I feel the one with the 10 lb weights was more difficult then the strictly bodyweight workout. Thoughts?

Also spoke to my investigator this morning to see if she needed any paperwork, she said she needed nothing at this time and files were sent up to be reviewed. sitting 17xx.
    Matador611 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Matador611 View Post
    Which number do they use?
    I read somewhere that they use the 5th digit, rather than the traditional 6th (last 4). I can't find where I read it though. Pretty sure it was on DCAS somewhere.

Forum Member

Do the proctors do a good job of guiding you through the course, like around the cones and what not ?

Did anyone see someone get DQ'ed ... and for what ?

Forum Member

http://www.dnainfo.com/new-york/2014...a-day-pension/

This is NYPD, but the pension system applies to firefighters as well. Such nonsense. Tired of red tape hurting people's livelihoods.

Forum Member

Do the proctors do a good job of guiding you through the course, like around the cones and what not ?

Did anyone see someone get DQ'ed ... and for what ?
    They do the best they can do without holding your hands. All the proctors were very pleasant and wanted to see everyone succeed. They will tell you blue is the course to course marker and red is for each of the events. so to answer your question, yes they will point at the line and direction and off you go.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by EKFCASPER View Post
    They do the best they can do without holding your hands. All the proctors were very pleasant and wanted to see everyone succeed. They will tell you blue is the course to course marker and red is for each of the events. so to answer your question, yes they will point at the line and direction and off you go.
    Nice ... can't wait to get this over with next week.

How soon can we expect these packets ? Feels like forever already ...

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by NYCTraditions View Post
    Wondering what everyones opinion of the training videos that were posted on the FDNY website. I feel both are definitely manageable but challenging. Sore the next day but not too bad. I have a feeling these are watered down versions of what to expect at the Rock. It was a wake up for me because I have definitely been sleeping on the lunges. My hamstrings were the sorest part of my body. I feel the one with the 10 lb weights was more difficult then the strictly bodyweight workout. Thoughts?

Also spoke to my investigator this morning to see if she needed any paperwork, she said she needed nothing at this time and files were sent up to be reviewed. sitting 17xx.

The one with the dumbbells is certainly more challenging. Particularly the part with the "T-pushups", as I mentioned earlier. Those things are hell, and he does a ton of em. I also got my hands on that sand hose thing that they used at the PT session. It's not used on either video, so I'm going off memory. Would love if they had sample session online with it. But I'm grateful as it is with what they're doing for us in general.

Are you immediately going for at least a 2.5 mile run outside upon finishing the workouts with no real break? If not, do that. Been switching between doing that or jogging to the track and then doing sprints.
    sffdnyhopeful09 likes this.

Forum Member

I read somewhere that they use the 5th digit, rather than the traditional 6th (last 4). I can't find where I read it though. Pretty sure it was on DCAS somewhere.
    Thats a big difference for me... its between a 8 and a 0 lol

Forum Member

Also at the Rock, the day's activities can be draining also, fun but draining sometimes. So PT, evolutions, and punishments do wear on you.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FDsouthbxNY View Post
    I'm not 100% certain, but...

In an instance like this test, where many shared the same score and are separated by SS#, you can't be denied the chance because of that SS#. In other words, if they hire 1 person with a 99, they have to offer the job to all who scored a 99.
    1. Candidates With Same Final Examination Rating.

Whenever two or more candidates in an examination receive the same final examination ratings, their respective place on the resulting eligible list shall be determined for administrative reasons only by a sequence of the number derived from the last five and then the first four positions of their social security numbers.

4.4.12. Certification and Use of Eligible List Where Paragraph 4.4.11 Has Been Applied.

(a) If the name of any eligible whose place on the eligible list has been determined in accordance with the procedures set forth in paragraph 4.4.11 is included in the certification for appointment, the names of all other eligibles on the list having the same final examination rating as such eligible shall likewise be included in such certification.

(b) Appointments and promotions then may be made by the selection of any such eligible whose final examination rating is equal to or higher than the final examination rating of the third highest standing eligible qualified and willing to accept appointment or promotion.

FDsouthbxNY was right!....like always lol
    FDsouthbxNY and bkopie like this.

Forum Member

Whenever two or more candidates in an examination receive the same final examination ratings, their respective place on the resulting eligible list shall be determined for administrative reasons only by a sequence of the number derived from the last five and then the first four positions of their social security numbers.

4.4.12. Certification and Use of Eligible List Where Paragraph 4.4.11 Has Been Applied.

(a) If the name of any eligible whose place on the eligible list has been determined in accordance with the procedures set forth in paragraph 4.4.11 is included in the certification for appointment, the names of all other eligibles on the list having the same final examination rating as such eligible shall likewise be included in such certification.

(b) Appointments and promotions then may be made by the selection of any such eligible whose final examination rating is equal to or higher than the final examination rating of the third highest standing eligible qualified and willing to accept appointment or promotion.

FDsouthbxNY was right!....like always lol
    That doesn't say that all with the same mark have to be offered the job. They could make one person with a 99 and the rest could be left on it, if the four year term expires.

"(b) Appointments and promotions then may be made by the selection of any such eligible whose final examination rating is equal to or higher than the final examination rating of the third highest standing eligible qualified and willing to accept appointment or promotion."
    This is an explanation of the one in three civil service rule. Notice it says "certification for appointment", not appointment.

Forum Member

Thats a big difference for me... its between a 8 and a 0 lol
    What's your number? If it's later on, maybe that answers which # they use. Mine is 8 or 5, so harder to judge.

l
    This is what I read previously. Good find. Where'd you grab it?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by 40&OUT View Post
    That doesn't say that all with the same mark have to be offered the job. They could make one person with a 99 and the rest could be left on it, if the four year term expires.
    "(b) Appointments and promotions then may be made by the selection of any such eligible whose final examination rating is equal to or higher than the final examination rating of the third highest standing eligible qualified and willing to accept appointment or promotion."
    This is an explanation of the one in three civil service rule. Notice it says "certification for appointment", not appointment.
    Oh ok gotchya....misunderstood it

Forum Member

What's your number? If it's later on, maybe that answers which # they use. Mine is 8 or 5, so harder to judge.

This is what I read previously. Good find. Where'd you grab it?
    Im 46**....the laws are on the dcas website....but I misunderstood the later half

Forum Member

Yeah, I'm 46xx also, makes sense since both start with 8 lol.

Forum Member

Forum Member

Yeah, I'm 46xx also, makes sense since both start with 8 lol.
    yea…I hope we get called soon man.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by roadrunner09 View Post
    The one with the dumbbells is certainly more challenging. Particularly the part with the "T-pushups", as I mentioned earlier. Those things are hell, and he does a ton of em. I also got my hands on that sand hose thing that they used at the PT session. It's not used on either video, so I'm going off memory. Would love if they had sample session online with it. But I'm grateful as it is with what they're doing for us in general.

Are you immediately going for at least a 2.5 mile run outside upon finishing the workouts with no real break? If not, do that. Been switching between doing that or jogging to the track and then doing sprints.
    Those t-pushups definitely are the worst part of that video. Where'd you find that hose?
    I am immediately doing the run right after. Been keeping it at 3miles for now on days I do both and track work on the days in between to work on speed with one day of just an all out 1.5m and a 1.5m recovery.
    My big problem right now is my shoulders. That's where my endurance falters. Every other exercise and run are all pretty routine but the HIIT style pushups combined with push presses are the current bane of my existence.

Forum Member

So finalizing our interpretations of that SS# rule they have on dcas, it should be the first 4 digits of SS that determines your position?

Forum Member

So Whats the Official Word if There is one?!? Late December or Late January? I Gotta Know, anyone?

Thread Information