Like Tree11256Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by F1R3DNY_Alphabet_City View Post
    So finalizing our interpretations of that SS# rule they have on dcas, it should be the first 4 digits of SS that determines your position?
    No, it's the 5th digit, then for numbers with the same 5th digit, the sequence of the first 4 is the next.

So when 2 people have a fifth digit of, let's say, 3, and their first 4 are 0786 and 0345, the 0345 wins and goes first.

That may have been confusing, but I'm not sure how else to explain it lol

Forum Member

Got an email from my investigator to submit more proofs of residency when I thought it was all squared away, luckily I had my old job send me 2010 and 2011 pay stubs. Asked him any news on their end and he had nothing for me unfortunately. He thinks run letters out around thanksgiving and that he hasn't a clue on what it could reach. All he told me was that they are broadening the scope of their hiriring pool for the next class. Im sitting at 205x so I'm up in the air for the next class.
    Matador611 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Maxking04 View Post
    So Whats the Official Word if There is one?!? Late December or Late January? I Gotta Know, anyone?
    As of now, December 29th. It's always subject to change, but I doubt it will. This according to multiple sources including DI's at the rock during the FAP.

Forum Member

Ok so December 29 starts the next academy. Will we know if the next class will be 20 weeks later(sometime in May?) or will it be in July?

Is the next academy 18 weeks?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by bacon View Post
    Got an email from my investigator to submit more proofs of residency when I thought it was all squared away, luckily I had my old job send me 2010 and 2011 pay stubs. Asked him any news on their end and he had nothing for me unfortunately. He thinks run letters out around thanksgiving and that he hasn't a clue on what it could reach. All he told me was that they are broadening the scope of their hiriring pool for the next class. Im sitting at 205x so I'm up in the air for the next class.
    My investigator told me that audits were being done in October so I assume any candidate with missing paperwork should be contacted this November unless all your paperwork is complete and approved then no news is good news until run letters get sent out.

Run letters for the week of Thanksgiving would be amazing! Great news to share with the family. But let me not get my hopes up until I get that letter in my hands.

Forum Member

I was also contacted, via email, by my investigator about my address missing from 4 out of 12 months of my credit card statement. I too thought that I had all my paperwork taken care of at this point in the process. Not a big deal though.. as I think the address on those statements was cutoff by the photo copy machine on the day of the intake interview. Just to be on the safe side, does anyone know of the additional residency proofs, aside from those mentioned in the notice of exam? I see pay stubs has been mentioned, but do they need to have the address printed on them to be acceptable?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by New Flyer View Post
    I was also contacted, via email, by my investigator about my address missing from 4 out of 12 months of my credit card statement. I too thought that I had all my paperwork taken care of at this point in the process. Not a big deal though.. as I think the address on those statements was cutoff by the photo copy machine on the day of the intake interview. Just to be on the safe side, does anyone know of the additional residency proofs, aside from those mentioned in the notice of exam? I see pay stubs has been mentioned, but do they need to have the address printed on them to be acceptable?
    does the address have to match EXACTLY on each document submitted ?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by bkopie View Post
    No, it's the 5th digit, then for numbers with the same 5th digit, the sequence of the first 4 is the next.

So when 2 people have a fifth digit of, let's say, 3, and their first 4 are 0786 and 0345, the 0345 wins and goes first.

That may have been confusing, but I'm not sure how else to explain it lol
    Oh man, thanks! Now that gets me a little on the worry side of my position on the next comp. list. with that being said.. http://socialsecuritynumerology.com/prefixes.php if someone has a first digit 0 or even the first 4 being highest on that SS list/ also having the same score, there's a better chance of you being hired. In the end, scoring high gives you an advantange.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DannyD0pe View Post
    My investigator told me that audits were being done in October so I assume any candidate with missing paperwork should be contacted this November unless all your paperwork is complete and approved then no news is good news until run letters get sent out.

Run letters for the week of Thanksgiving would be amazing! Great news to share with the family. But let me not get my hopes up until I get that letter in my hands.
    What do you mean by audits? As in out of the investigators hands and up to the superiors?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by 4040clubBouncer View Post
    Ok so December 29 starts the next academy. Will we know if the next class will be 20 weeks later(sometime in May?) or will it be in July?

We probably won't find out how long we'll be there until the first day of the academy

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by NYCTraditions View Post
    What do you mean by audits? As in out of the investigators hands and up to the superiors?
    I think so

Forum Member

I was the one that posted that a mentor said it is now 16 weeks... but I haven't heard anything about it other than that one guy. So assume 18 until confirmation otherwise.

Forum Member

Just saw my buddy in the academy now, he said they were told they were moving to the 3 a year, may is a possibility, again just talk for now

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by New Flyer View Post
    Same thing happened to me, but it was only 1 month. We prob have the same investigator because I know another dude who was just contacted as well.

Forum Member

My investigator said the higher ups didn't approve of the letters I got from the credit card company saying "there are no statements becasuse there is no balance." Guess they are being very careful with the auditing and points, would have thought everything would be squared away since my intake was in march.

Forum Member

Word around the firehouses that the academy is now 16 weeks. Either way, sometimes it's gonna feel like 20. LOL

Forum Member

Anyone need a weight vest? I have a 50 lb Bollinger weight vest I'm looking to give away. I used it to prep for the medical and CPAT in 2008 and last year so it's got some wear and tear but it's still useable. Shoot me a PM if interested. Pickup in Bay Ridge.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FFwnt2b View Post
    Word around the firehouses that the academy is now 16 weeks. Either way, sometimes it's gonna feel like 20. LOL
    That would tentatively place anyone from about 2700 - 3400 for September 2015 ... Including yours truly.

Stoked !
    bklynmike91 and prospect like this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gomer Pyle View Post
    That would tentatively place anyone from about 2700 - 3400 for September 2015 ... Including yours truly.

Stoked !
    Same boat.. I would love sept
    prospect likes this.

Forum Member

Again, it's just a word. LOL
    On another note, there are no excuses boys ad girls. 8 min/mile pace
    http://m.today.com/parents/why-pregn...41104_34979767

Forum Member

Again, it's just a word. LOL
    On another note, there are no excuses boys ad girls. 8 min/mile pace
    http://m.today.com/parents/why-pregn...41104_34979767
    Yes ... She is pregnant, but the article states the woman is a national / world class athlete.

I'd go out on a limb and say that she'd win the fitness award at probie school without the belly, hands down.

90 miles in a week ? Some people drive less than that.
    vekdoggs75 and Rdarf85 like this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by vekdoggs75 View Post
    Same thing happened to me, but it was only 1 month. We prob have the same investigator because I know another dude who was just contacted as well.
    Yea, same thing happened with me. I had to provide additional documents on Monday to cover 1 month. The investigator said she submitted my paperwork again and everything should be squared away now. Here's to hoping for the December class!

Forum Member

Hey guys. Been on here for a bit constant reading got another question. Had a broken leg a few years ago and had a rod put in it. Due to the fact unfortunately no one's positive whether or not it would dq me I'm getting the rod removed. How should I go about the medical exactly now? Tell them I had the rod and had it removed? Or ignore it all together.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by vayate7 View Post
    Hey guys. Been on here for a bit constant reading got another question. Had a broken leg a few years ago and had a rod put in it. Due to the fact unfortunately no one's positive whether or not it would dq me I'm getting the rod removed. How should I go about the medical exactly now? Tell them I had the rod and had it removed? Or ignore it all together.
    They are going to see the scar when u get naked for the doc . So Ur gonna have to be upfront about it . bring documentation with you as well . Ur going to need it .

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by bkopie View Post
    I was the one that posted that a mentor said it is now 16 weeks... but I haven't heard anything about it other than that one guy. So assume 18 until confirmation otherwise.
    Guess that's a kinda confirmation lol. Hope it's true.
    4040clubBouncer likes this.

Thread Information