Like Tree11288Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

  1. #25451
    Forum Member
    Spiderneck30's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    410

    Default

    *Completed the FINAL 1.5 mile run yesterday!

    *Completed the FINAL fst course today!

    With that said, im NEVER running again; ever! And although it was fun in the beginning, its good to know that ill never have to do another FST again for the rest of my life. Only thing left now is the final exam on Monday, which im 100% sure ill pass with flying colors. I just cant wait to get my assignment so that ill know if im gonna be in an Engine or Truck. Either way, it'll be fantastic a week from now when i can finally call myself a NYC Fireman.

    As for maintaining physical fitness, its all just basic calistenics and stairmaster for me; all at MY own pace.


    NO MORE BURPEES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by Spiderneck30; 11-07-2014 at 06:50 PM.

  2. #25452
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DannyD0pe View Post
    You are right. My mentor just emailed me he said that they are now requiring candidates to provide a semen sample because they are checking our testosterone levels and candidates with low levels can now do the 1.5 mile with a bike and do the pull up exam with an assisted pull up machine in planet fitness. Also, just to make sure the semen samples are our own they want us to go to BHS to do the exam there, they lock us in a private room and the only material to assist us is the FDNY calendar. You get automatic DQed if you can't provide a sample because it shows you are not passionate about the job but you can appeal and if you win the hot nurse from the medical can insert something in your rectum to help you.
    Hahahahahaha! I heard that one too.

  3. #25453
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    554

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spiderneck30 View Post
    *Completed the FINAL 1.5 mile run yesterday!

    *Completed the FINAL fst course today!

    With that said, im NEVER running again; ever! And although it was fun in the beginning, its good to know that ill never have to do another FST again for the rest of my life. Only thing left now is the final exam on Monday, which im 100% sure ill pass with flying colors. I just cant wait to get my assignment so that ill know if im gonna be in an Engine or Truck. Either way, it'll be fantastic a week from now when i can finally call myself a NYC Fireman.

    As for maintaining physical fitness, its all just basic calistenics and stairmaster for me; all at MY own pace.


    NO MORE BURPEES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    The brothers in the firehouse will decide when you can call yourself a fireman. You're a proby, then a Johnny, then after 5 years....probobly a fireman

    Good luck with the last week. Keep your head down....

  4. #25454
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spiderneck30 View Post
    *Completed the FINAL 1.5 mile run yesterday!

    *Completed the FINAL fst course today!

    With that said, im NEVER running again; ever! And although it was fun in the beginning, its good to know that ill never have to do another FST again for the rest of my life. Only thing left now is the final exam on Monday, which im 100% sure ill pass with flying colors. I just cant wait to get my assignment so that ill know if im gonna be in an Engine or Truck. Either way, it'll be fantastic a week from now when i can finally call myself a NYC Fireman.

    As for maintaining physical fitness, its all just basic calistenics and stairmaster for me; all at MY own pace.


    NO MORE BURPEES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Haha careful, I remember telling myself "I'm so glad I never have to do FST ever again". Only to be back at the rock 4 months after graduating doing it twice a day.

  5. #25455
    Forum Member
    Spiderneck30's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    410

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FDsouthbxNY View Post
    The brothers in the firehouse will decide when you can call yourself a fireman. You're a proby, then a Johnny, then after 5 years....probobly a fireman

    Good luck with the last week. Keep your head down....
    Haha...very true! Thanks FDsouthbxNY and good luck to all you guys preparing to go in.
    Last edited by Spiderneck30; 11-07-2014 at 09:56 PM.

  6. #25456
    Forum Member
    Spiderneck30's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    410

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sammy Bones View Post
    Haha careful, I remember telling myself "I'm so glad I never have to do FST ever again". Only to be back at the rock 4 months after graduating doing it twice a day.
    Yea i considered that. Are they still calling guys back or is that part all over now? I havent seen any otj guys on the course lately.

    Far as the new academy length, im hearing all sorts of things. One day i hear 15 weeks, another day i heard 13 and today guys were saying its 14, so who knows. All i know for sure is that i only have one more.
    Last edited by Spiderneck30; 11-07-2014 at 10:00 PM.

  7. #25457
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    300

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spiderneck30 View Post
    *Completed the FINAL 1.5 mile run yesterday!

    *Completed the FINAL fst course today!

    With that said, im NEVER running again; ever! And although it was fun in the beginning, its good to know that ill never have to do another FST again for the rest of my life. Only thing left now is the final exam on Monday, which im 100% sure ill pass with flying colors. I just cant wait to get my assignment so that ill know if im gonna be in an Engine or Truck. Either way, it'll be fantastic a week from now when i can finally call myself a NYC Fireman.

    As for maintaining physical fitness, its all just basic calistenics and stairmaster for me; all at MY own pace.


    NO MORE BURPEES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Honestly, a month after the academy was done I felt great, I was back in the gym, and I was able to give myself time to recover.

    As far as the FST though, I thought I was good to go with that too until they called 100 of us back to do it 3 times in 1 week a month or two ago.

  8. #25458
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    96

    Default

    Just passed my CPAT 8:38 feeling awesome right now! Does anyone know how long I'll have to wait for the next step? Also, I read on here that they are thinking about doing 100 ppl per class, is this true???!! Seems a bit irrational but what do I know
    Matador611 likes this.

  9. #25459
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    554

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Herc_1812 View Post
    Just passed my CPAT 8:38 feeling awesome right now! Does anyone know how long I'll have to wait for the next step? Also, I read on here that they are thinking about doing 100 ppl per class, is this true???!! Seems a bit irrational but what do I know
    Did you read and see that that was COMPLETE sarcasm. You gotta read all the posts.

  10. #25460
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    269

    Default

    Only 21 showed up for the FAP this afternoon. Pretty bizarre that so few are taking advantage of this. Anyway the instructor in charge today mentioned at the end that we've got about 6 weeks left. Can't wait and kinda scares the **** outta me at the same time.

  11. #25461
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Staten Island
    Posts
    206

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sffdnyhopeful09 View Post
    Only 21 showed up for the FAP this afternoon. Pretty bizarre that so few are taking advantage of this. Anyway the instructor in charge today mentioned at the end that we've got about 6 weeks left. Can't wait and kinda scares the **** outta me at the same time.
    Do they mention about calling any new candidates for FAP?

  12. #25462
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    96

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FDsouthbxNY View Post
    Did you read and see that that was COMPLETE sarcasm. You gotta read all the posts.
    Lol just got it, thanks. You have any insight on my other question?

  13. #25463
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    326

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Herc_1812 View Post
    Just passed my CPAT 8:38 feeling awesome right now! Does anyone know how long I'll have to wait for the next step? Also, I read on here that they are thinking about doing 100 ppl per class, is this true???!! Seems a bit irrational but what do I know

    They told you 8:38? All I was told was that I had minute and half left
    bklynmike91 likes this.

  14. #25464
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    96

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EKFCASPER View Post
    They told you 8:38? All I was told was that I had minute and half left
    Yeah they said I had 1:42 left. Comes out to 8:38
    DSNY2FDNY likes this.

  15. #25465
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    365

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chadxmerch View Post
    Honestly, a month after the academy was done I felt great, I was back in the gym, and I was able to give myself time to recover.

    As far as the FST though, I thought I was good to go with that too until they called 100 of us back to do it 3 times in 1 week a month or two ago.
    FST twice in one day... Best day ever

  16. #25466
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,156

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Herc_1812 View Post
    Lol just got it, thanks. You have any insight on my other question?
    You didn't provide your list #, or whether you've done other steps in the process. If you've said that in the past it doesn't matter, no one is going to look through your post history. Without more information there isn't much to tell you.

  17. #25467
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    145

    Default

    Gentlemen,

    For the SS earnings statement, from what to what year are we required to provide info on ?

    2007 - 2012 ?

  18. #25468
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    269

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Matador611 View Post
    Do they mention about calling any new candidates for FAP?
    There were some new folks there today that were just called to start the FAP. They were there for their initial assessment while the rest of us were there for our midterm assessment.

  19. #25469
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    105

    Default

    For you guys who are passing the CPAT. What kind of training are you going to do to prepare for the medical stair master test?

    I assume most are going to cut down on their training?

    Is it worth to keep the Gym membership opened just to do the stair master?

  20. #25470
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    96

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan Medic View Post
    You didn't provide your list #, or whether you've done other steps in the process. If you've said that in the past it doesn't matter, no one is going to look through your post history. Without more information there isn't much to tell you.
    List #30xx...and I also heard from my mentor already. Although the mentor really isht anything..think I have a shot a July 15?

  21. #25471
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    326

    Default

    Does every class have a random order of steps?

    My friend who is about to graduate this upcoming class had his investigation(I assume his intake interview) back in November. He had his cpat on one Monday then psych the following Monday. All in November.

  22. #25472
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    224

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EKFCASPER View Post
    Does every class have a random order of steps?

    My friend who is about to graduate this upcoming class had his investigation(I assume his intake interview) back in November. He had his cpat on one Monday then psych the following Monday. All in November.

    That won't be Ur case . They have plenty 101left to fill the next class . Plus there were a bunch of guys at the fitness awarness program . Who had list numbers in the 600s.1100 etc.

    The 101s were split into two . Half the group was all done by April with everything , and the other half resumed for medicals and pshyc in August after the current class started .

    That's why the 100s have not received their packets . Once the next class starts . Ull start getting packets . Keep in mind some of us in the 101s would be waiting till July 2015 which is like 18 months or more after we initially got our packets . So packets really don't mean much .

  23. #25473
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Staten Island
    Posts
    206

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by k20dc2 View Post
    That won't be Ur case . They have plenty 101left to fill the next class . Plus there were a bunch of guys at the fitness awarness program . Who had list numbers in the 600s.1100 etc.

    The 101s were split into two . Half the group was all done by April with everything , and the other half resumed for medicals and pshyc in August after the current class started .

    That's why the 100s have not received their packets . Once the next class starts . Ull start getting packets . Keep in mind some of us in the 101s would be waiting till July 2015 which is like 18 months or more after we initially got our packets . So packets really don't mean much .
    Damn...thats right. Lets hope they call most of the 101's for this class. Must be a horrible feeling waiting that long.

  24. #25474
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    957

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Matador611 View Post
    Damn...thats right. Lets hope they call most of the 101's for this class. Must be a horrible feeling waiting that long.

    Dude some of us have been waiting since '06. A few even before that. Waiting since 2012 is nothing...

  25. #25475
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Staten Island
    Posts
    206

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by roadrunner09 View Post
    Dude some of us have been waiting since '06. A few even before that. Waiting since 2012 is nothing...
    Sorry.....did not think about that

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 4 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 4 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Remember The Brothers 9-11-01
    By E40FDNYL35 in forum The 9-11 Tragedy
    Replies: 133
    Last Post: 09-29-2014, 05:52 AM
  2. FDNY Medical Exam
    By FDNY78 in forum Testing & Fitness
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-13-2014, 09:46 PM
  3. Fdny exam
    By ffkisselstein in forum Hiring & Employment Discussion
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 11-04-2010, 01:43 PM
  4. Firefighters Betrayed
    By Nail200 in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 259
    Last Post: 07-07-2007, 04:11 PM
  5. No Firefighter Should Ever Die Again
    By blancety in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 280
    Last Post: 07-09-2005, 12:07 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Log in

Click here to log in or register