Like Tree11288Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

*Completed the FINAL 1.5 mile run yesterday!

*Completed the FINAL fst course today!

With that said, im NEVER running again; ever! And although it was fun in the beginning, its good to know that ill never have to do another FST again for the rest of my life. Only thing left now is the final exam on Monday, which im 100% sure ill pass with flying colors. I just cant wait to get my assignment so that ill know if im gonna be in an Engine or Truck. Either way, it'll be fantastic a week from now when i can finally call myself a NYC Fireman.

As for maintaining physical fitness, its all just basic calistenics and stairmaster for me; all at MY own pace.

NO MORE BURPEES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by Spiderneck30; 11-07-2014 at 06:50 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DannyD0pe View Post
    You are right. My mentor just emailed me he said that they are now requiring candidates to provide a semen sample because they are checking our testosterone levels and candidates with low levels can now do the 1.5 mile with a bike and do the pull up exam with an assisted pull up machine in planet fitness. Also, just to make sure the semen samples are our own they want us to go to BHS to do the exam there, they lock us in a private room and the only material to assist us is the FDNY calendar. You get automatic DQed if you can't provide a sample because it shows you are not passionate about the job but you can appeal and if you win the hot nurse from the medical can insert something in your rectum to help you.
    Hahahahahaha! I heard that one too.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderneck30 View Post

With that said, im NEVER running again; ever! And although it was fun in the beginning, its good to know that ill never have to do another FST again for the rest of my life. Only thing left now is the final exam on Monday, which im 100% sure ill pass with flying colors. I just cant wait to get my assignment so that ill know if im gonna be in an Engine or Truck. Either way, it'll be fantastic a week from now when i can finally call myself a NYC Fireman.

As for maintaining physical fitness, its all just basic calistenics and stairmaster for me; all at MY own pace.

The brothers in the firehouse will decide when you can call yourself a fireman. You're a proby, then a Johnny, then after 5 years....probobly a fireman

Good luck with the last week. Keep your head down....

Forum Member

Haha careful, I remember telling myself "I'm so glad I never have to do FST ever again". Only to be back at the rock 4 months after graduating doing it twice a day.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FDsouthbxNY View Post
    The brothers in the firehouse will decide when you can call yourself a fireman. You're a proby, then a Johnny, then after 5 years....probobly a fireman

Good luck with the last week. Keep your head down....
    Haha...very true! Thanks FDsouthbxNY and good luck to all you guys preparing to go in.
    Last edited by Spiderneck30; 11-07-2014 at 09:56 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sammy Bones View Post
    Haha careful, I remember telling myself "I'm so glad I never have to do FST ever again". Only to be back at the rock 4 months after graduating doing it twice a day.
    Yea i considered that. Are they still calling guys back or is that part all over now? I havent seen any otj guys on the course lately.

Far as the new academy length, im hearing all sorts of things. One day i hear 15 weeks, another day i heard 13 and today guys were saying its 14, so who knows. All i know for sure is that i only have one more.
    Last edited by Spiderneck30; 11-07-2014 at 10:00 PM.

Forum Member

Honestly, a month after the academy was done I felt great, I was back in the gym, and I was able to give myself time to recover.

As far as the FST though, I thought I was good to go with that too until they called 100 of us back to do it 3 times in 1 week a month or two ago.

Forum Member

Just passed my CPAT 8:38 feeling awesome right now! Does anyone know how long I'll have to wait for the next step? Also, I read on here that they are thinking about doing 100 ppl per class, is this true???!! Seems a bit irrational but what do I know
    Matador611 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Herc_1812 View Post
    Just passed my CPAT 8:38 feeling awesome right now! Does anyone know how long I'll have to wait for the next step? Also, I read on here that they are thinking about doing 100 ppl per class, is this true???!! Seems a bit irrational but what do I know
    Did you read and see that that was COMPLETE sarcasm. You gotta read all the posts.

Forum Member

Only 21 showed up for the FAP this afternoon. Pretty bizarre that so few are taking advantage of this. Anyway the instructor in charge today mentioned at the end that we've got about 6 weeks left. Can't wait and kinda scares the **** outta me at the same time.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by sffdnyhopeful09 View Post
    Only 21 showed up for the FAP this afternoon. Pretty bizarre that so few are taking advantage of this. Anyway the instructor in charge today mentioned at the end that we've got about 6 weeks left. Can't wait and kinda scares the **** outta me at the same time.
    Do they mention about calling any new candidates for FAP?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FDsouthbxNY View Post
    Did you read and see that that was COMPLETE sarcasm. You gotta read all the posts.
    Lol just got it, thanks. You have any insight on my other question?

Forum Member

They told you 8:38? All I was told was that I had minute and half left
    bklynmike91 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by EKFCASPER View Post
    They told you 8:38? All I was told was that I had minute and half left
    Yeah they said I had 1:42 left. Comes out to 8:38
    DSNY2FDNY likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by chadxmerch View Post
    Honestly, a month after the academy was done I felt great, I was back in the gym, and I was able to give myself time to recover.

As far as the FST though, I thought I was good to go with that too until they called 100 of us back to do it 3 times in 1 week a month or two ago.
    FST twice in one day... Best day ever

Forum Member

Lol just got it, thanks. You have any insight on my other question?
    You didn't provide your list #, or whether you've done other steps in the process. If you've said that in the past it doesn't matter, no one is going to look through your post history. Without more information there isn't much to tell you.

Forum Member

Gentlemen,

For the SS earnings statement, from what to what year are we required to provide info on ?

2007 - 2012 ?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Matador611 View Post
    Do they mention about calling any new candidates for FAP?
    There were some new folks there today that were just called to start the FAP. They were there for their initial assessment while the rest of us were there for our midterm assessment.

Forum Member

For you guys who are passing the CPAT. What kind of training are you going to do to prepare for the medical stair master test?

I assume most are going to cut down on their training?

Is it worth to keep the Gym membership opened just to do the stair master?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan Medic View Post
    You didn't provide your list #, or whether you've done other steps in the process. If you've said that in the past it doesn't matter, no one is going to look through your post history. Without more information there isn't much to tell you.
    List #30xx...and I also heard from my mentor already. Although the mentor really isht anything..think I have a shot a July 15?

Forum Member

Does every class have a random order of steps?

My friend who is about to graduate this upcoming class had his investigation(I assume his intake interview) back in November. He had his cpat on one Monday then psych the following Monday. All in November.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by EKFCASPER View Post
    Does every class have a random order of steps?

My friend who is about to graduate this upcoming class had his investigation(I assume his intake interview) back in November. He had his cpat on one Monday then psych the following Monday. All in November.

That won't be Ur case . They have plenty 101left to fill the next class . Plus there were a bunch of guys at the fitness awarness program . Who had list numbers in the 600s.1100 etc.

The 101s were split into two . Half the group was all done by April with everything , and the other half resumed for medicals and pshyc in August after the current class started .

That's why the 100s have not received their packets . Once the next class starts . Ull start getting packets . Keep in mind some of us in the 101s would be waiting till July 2015 which is like 18 months or more after we initially got our packets . So packets really don't mean much .

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by k20dc2 View Post
    That won't be Ur case . They have plenty 101left to fill the next class . Plus there were a bunch of guys at the fitness awarness program . Who had list numbers in the 600s.1100 etc.

The 101s were split into two . Half the group was all done by April with everything , and the other half resumed for medicals and pshyc in August after the current class started .

That's why the 100s have not received their packets . Once the next class starts . Ull start getting packets . Keep in mind some of us in the 101s would be waiting till July 2015 which is like 18 months or more after we initially got our packets . So packets really don't mean much .
    Damn...thats right. Lets hope they call most of the 101's for this class. Must be a horrible feeling waiting that long.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Matador611 View Post
    Damn...thats right. Lets hope they call most of the 101's for this class. Must be a horrible feeling waiting that long.

Dude some of us have been waiting since '06. A few even before that. Waiting since 2012 is nothing...

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by roadrunner09 View Post
    Dude some of us have been waiting since '06. A few even before that. Waiting since 2012 is nothing...
    Sorry.....did not think about that

Thread Information