Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 102 of 1145 FirstFirst ... 25292991001011021031041051121522026021102 ... LastLast
Results 2,021 to 2,040 of 22884
Like Tree8993Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

I motion we not discuss the test until 06-01-2012, the end of eligibility to protest.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FDNYPD View Post
    I motion we not discuss the test until 06-01-2012, the end of eligibility to protest.
    Do they have Robert's Rules of Order for the internet

Forum Member

Lol, I was looking for opposition to the idea.

Review: Brooklyn, May 14 at 1600 hours. Who's meeting up after? Would like to start putting some names with faces.

Forum Member

Was also wondering if on 6019 any Q's were worth 1 point or more than 1 point? Or were all worth less than 1 point?[/QUOTE]

I looked at my old answer sheet from 6019, and there were 45 questions on answer sheet #1. Questions 1-5 were worth 1 point, and questions 6-45 were worth 1/8 of a point. For answer sheet #2, questions 1-5 were worth 1 point. Questions 6-110 were worth 1/3 of a point, and questions 111-150 were worth 1 point. Hope that helps!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FDNYPD View Post
    Lol, I was looking for opposition to the idea.

Review: Brooklyn, May 14 at 1600 hours. Who's meeting up after? Would like to start putting some names with faces.
    I havent made a date yet. Is it too late for that date?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by jpt172 View Post
    Was also wondering if on 6019 any Q's were worth 1 point or more than 1 point? Or were all worth less than 1 point?
    I looked at my old answer sheet from 6019, and there were 45 questions on answer sheet #1. Questions 1-5 were worth 1 point, and questions 6-45 were worth 1/8 of a point. For answer sheet #2, questions 1-5 were worth 1 point. Questions 6-110 were worth 1/3 of a point, and questions 111-150 were worth 1 point. Hope that helps![/QUOTE]

Very helpful, thanks! Obv this test is very different but it's interesting to see how many Q's on the last test were worth less than a point. Wonder how it's going to go this time around.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
    I havent made a date yet. Is it too late for that date?
    Not sure. The PSI website will have the available dates. I'd get on it though. There weren't many choices last weekend when I signed up.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Test Review

Does anyone know, once the questions/answers are reviewed and some questions are deemed arguable if they are going to change everyone's score for that particular question or drop that question in general or is it going to be on an individual basis? Because if that's the case there are going to be lots of people on the lawsuit bandwagon and say that they were not treated fairly in the testing process, which may call for another test. You cant give one person credit and not give another person credit for answering the same question incorrectly.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Serran023 View Post
    Does anyone know, once the questions/answers are reviewed and some questions are deemed arguable if they are going to change everyone's score for that particular question or drop that question in general or is it going to be on an individual basis? Because if that's the case there are going to be lots of people on the lawsuit bandwagon and say that they were not treated fairly in the testing process, which may call for another test. You cant give one person credit and not give another person credit for answering the same question incorrectly.

As has been stated on this thread already, what happens for one person happens for all when it comes to altering of protested answers. If more than one choice is allowed, they're allowed for all. If the question gets dropped completely, it's dropped for all.

Now that said, the sketchy part with this test has to do with the various different versions of tests and the different questions some people had that others didn't, and their difficulty levels. This is the area I might see an issue IMO.

Forum Member

after myself and some friends all took the exam and testing was complete we figured out that most of the video questions and reading comp/ math were almost the same. the personality questions where the ones that varried the most

Forum Member

roadrunner my response keeps getting kicked back saying that you have to many messages in your inbox and you need to clear some out

Forum Member

Is any one going to the merit matters meeting tonight.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
    Is any one going to the merit matters meeting tonight.
    I wanted to go but I have some things to take care of tonight. Anyone that goes can you guys fill us in on whats discussed.

Forum Member

I wasn't sure if I would be the only test taker, so I chickened out.
    Last edited by BrooklynBorn; 04-24-2012 at 09:04 PM.

Forum Member

So did anyone go to the merit matters meeting last night ?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomFromQueens View Post
    So did anyone go to the merit matters meeting last night ?
    Just thinking the same thing.

Forum Member

Default Merit Matters meeting

So I went to the meeting last night and first thing is first, I was one of only three test takers, do not think that any of you are alone in the process; all who support merit are in this together. The reception from most of the guys/girls was positive and most importantly, we had two Exam 6019 people who were there, with one being a girl who has incredible organizing skills and some important insight.

With that being said; the meeting went over some of the more important insights and said that these race cases generally are started and ended by the fact that one group feels that not enough is being to done to promote them but those then that go in with them are lumped together and generally raises questions then providing answers. It destroys the importance of being the best and instead promotes the idea of differences and subjectivity. Also, the word quota has been thrown out the window and is now being supplanted with words like 'goal', 'target', and 'hiring group'.

Also I know dkjets was on you guys but we need to organize. If you would like to PM me your E-mails, we can set up a meeting night in June (phone numbers are good too by the way.) By organizing and setting up our message we can start moving ourselves along in the process. Also by the end of this week, I can set you all up with a newsletter going over key points!

Keep in touch!
    Last edited by DJ_Reverse; 04-25-2012 at 02:33 PM.

Hiding in the shadows waiting for the sun!!

Was anything in peticular mentioned about this current test? Also, did they mention anything about how it's going to be graded or how list numbers are going to get established and when?

Forum Member

Skav, we aren't going to discuss the test anymore than saying it was hard/fair or easy/fun. All of us do not know about the grading anymore than what we currently know!

Forum Member

Did they mention when the next meeting was?

Thread Information