Like Tree10546Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by k20dc2 View Post
    We got our packets last November . So do the math . 3 classes . A limited few got in July . U have most going in this class . And then the rest of us will go in for July with some of the 100s.

So for someone like urself with a high number u would want the list to go up as far up as possible for this next class . Soo common sense if the list stays under 2000 . Someone with a 6000 list number is not looking too good . If they stay with the two classes a year .

I've been told repeatedly there is a high amount of candidates under the 1369 which is the last number in the last academy ,that were passed over either due to paperwork.dq appeals etc...

hence why these new predictions are so conservative.So in a few weeks we will all have a clearer picture. Patience is the key.
    Thanks for the info. When is that few weeks mark around.

Forum Member

Anybody want to venture out and predict when run emails will be sent out? And when the run will be?

Forum Member

Which those of you who have real rumors about the 3 classes a year, is there a believable rumor on when those would start.

Forum Member

hey guys sitting here at 38xx with a 99 any idea if i am looking good to get in based on how things have been going?
    just looking for some opinions thanks in advance

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ireedmymail View Post
    Anybody want to venture out and predict when run emails will be sent out? And when the run will be?

As far as I know, there are usually a few runs. They break it up. Just something to keep in mind.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by jdeo21 View Post
    hey guys sitting here at 38xx with a 99 any idea if i am looking good to get in based on how things have been going?
    just looking for some opinions thanks in advance
    Hey….They contacted most of the 100's which is a little over 3100 I believe (correct me If I'm wrong). Im sitting at 46** with a 99 as well. Thats really all I know lol

Forum Member

I predict run emails will begin to be sent out at the end of next week and then throughout the week of the 24th. Runs to be held 2 weeks after that in the begging of December and the class squared away by the holidays. This is a complete guess.
    sffdnyhopeful09 likes this.

Forum Member

I bet mentors and or investigators know. Someone should ask one

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
    Which those of you who have real rumors about the 3 classes a year, is there a believable rumor on when those would start.
    Technically this year saw a jan, July and now a dec class isn't that 3?

I think guys just don't realiz yet that this three class s year thing is being done quietly. Even with three 18 week academies with no breaks there aren't enough weeks to completely fit them in.

I'd be happy with three swearing ins a year. And if those three happen this year why would 2015 be any different? What does everyone think about that?
    Matador611 and Rdarf85 like this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by 4040clubBouncer View Post

I think guys just don't realiz yet that this three class s year thing is being done quietly. Even with three 18 week academies with no breaks there aren't enough weeks to completely fit them in.

I'd be happy with three swearing ins a year. And if those three happen this year why would 2015 be any different? What does everyone think about that?
    Hahaha....good point. I didnt even realize that lol

Forum Member

Your going to drive yourself crazy bro. I guess technically its 3 classes but only by a few days. The best thing to do right now is just wait until the next class goes in and see where they leave off. No matter what number they get to dont get discouraged its still that much closer to yours. Anything is possible in the game. Things change all the time. Do i believe they are going to run 3 classes a year? Yes i do. When is just the question. I have on good authority that they have hired 20 new FDNY investigators. They are up to something. What that is i couldnt tell you. As hard as it is just forget about your number and go about your life. If you do that before you know it your time will come and all will be well. The holidays are coming spend it with your families and just enjoy it. Forget about the numbers man its enough to put you into therapy.

Forum Member

Forget about my number and Go about my life? My only friends are on here.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Britches View Post
    I predict run emails will begin to be sent out at the end of next week and then throughout the week of the 24th. Runs to be held 2 weeks after that in the begging of December and the class squared away by the holidays. This is a complete guess.
    Man that would be amazing.

Forum Member

Herc: At 30xx seems like you could be on the bubble for this summer? I forget what's predicted for this coming class, up to the 2000-2300 range? If they get to within 900#s of you it'll be close.

EMS promotion coming soon: 100% agreeing with southbx. Yes it used to be held more frequently, but there's really no reason to rush it. They spent loads of money to test you guys, and anybody in EMS waiting for the promotion can hurry up and wait till the next OC if they really want it (far as the job is concerned). If they do offer one soon then so be it, but I won't believe it till it happens.

Starting a class 3 days before the end of the year doesn't mean 3 classes a year. They've been doing summer and winter back and forth. They will either need to shorten the class length or start doing them back to back.
    Matador611 likes this.

Forum Member

279 on pace to graduate.

Rumors from the rock is that it's 14 week academy going forward starting dec 29.

Assignments ae being given out Friday.

Forum Member

First week of December for the run days. Best guess. Either way, I'm a week late or a week early and that doesn't make much difference. You're ready for you're not.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by EKFCASPER View Post
    279 on pace to graduate.

Rumors from the rock is that it's 14 week academy going forward starting dec 29.

About Friday. Go straight to your firehouse (barring having to go pick up desserts first). You guys should know the deal about what to bring, don't be cheap. Wear your cover to the front door (I still get my balls busted about that). Plan on being there a little while, it's a good move to plan on eating dinner there Friday night. I didn't stay and eat and I regret that now. First impressions make a big difference, don't **** it up.
    FDEngine and bkopie like this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FDsouthbxNY View Post
    First week of December for the run days. Best guess. Either way, I'm a week late or a week early and that doesn't make much difference. You're ready for you're not.
    I'm thinking runs will be the first week of December also. Run emails may go out as early as the week of 11/17 or 11/24 which will give us 1-2 week notice for the run. If they do it like the July class then they will do 3 big run days on the same week with 100 candidates each and small runs after to fill up the class due to people who didn't pass the run, didn't take the offer, deferred etc. This is getting exciting. I can't wait.

Forum Member

My
    Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan Medic View Post
    About Friday. Go straight to your firehouse (barring having to go pick up desserts first). You guys should know the deal about what to bring, don't be cheap. Wear your cover to the front door (I still get my balls busted about that). Plan on being there a little while, it's a good move to plan on eating dinner there Friday night. I didn't stay and eat and I regret that now. First impressions make a big difference, don't **** it up.
    Thanks for the advice, I'll remember it for when my time comes. Im just relaying the messages my buddies tell me.

Forum Member

[QUOTE=Manhattan Medic;1424332]Herc: At 30xx seems like you could be on the bubble for this summer? I forget what's predicted for this coming class, up to the 2000-2300 range? If they get to within 900#s of you it'll be close

EMS promotion coming soon: 100% agreeing with southbx. Yes it used to be held more frequently, but there's really no reason to rush it. They spent loads of money to test you guys, and anybody in EMS waiting for the promotion can hurry up and wait till the next OC if they really want it (far as the job is concerned). If they do offer one soon then so be it, but I won't believe it till it happens.

Starting a class 3 days before the end of the year doesn't mean 3 classes a year. They've been doing summer and winter back and forth. They will either need to shorten the class length or start doing them back to back.[/QUOTE=

Hey thanks a lot man really appreciate that...my fingers are crossed, but I'll keep a more optimistic mind about jan 15'

Forum Member

I hope that by them cutting the academy to 14 weeks will not cause them to cram everything. It's going to be hard enough adjusting to the physical demand but to have more lectures and info in a week is going to be a killer. I was looking forward the full 18 week there but also understand this helps people with higher list#s.

Forum Member

Did 27 pull ups yesterday. New PR!

Forum Member

Are there any females graduating in this class? I have my fingers cross for Jan '15! As for now it's all about training! Happy Veterans Day for all members of the military who served and are serving!!!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by EKFCASPER View Post
    279 on pace to graduate.

My friend who is graduating now is saying the same thing.....I REALLY hope its 14 weeks lol. We will see soon enough

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Matador611 View Post
    My friend who is graduating now is saying the same thing.....I REALLY hope its 14 weeks lol. We will see soon enough
    I have mixed feelings on 14 weeks. To me it means we would be missing out on some of the physical and hands on stuff. I guess they wouldnt graduate probies they did not feel were qualified though.

I believe exam 2043 had shorter academy lengths, forget how long though.

Thread Information