Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
Like Tree9338Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

any dress code for the mentor information session at the Rock? Business casual i'm assuming.
    Exam: 2000
    Score: 102
    List #: 7XX
    Investigation: 9/26/13
    Medical: 10/10/13
    Psych: 10/11/13
    CPAT: 11/4/13
    1.5 Mile Run: TBA

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Stephenscm View Post
    any dress code for the mentor information session at the Rock? Business casual i'm assuming.
    Like I said earlier, mine was a real low turnout. I went business casual as did half of the others. The rest wore jeans and tee or workout clothes or whatever. I'd recommend the former...

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Stephenscm View Post
    I wen Biz Casual, I would say half of the others did the same. Some did polo shirt and jeans, the rest went t-shirt and whatever. I would highly recommend biz casual. Whatever you do, DO NOT show up late. Lt. Morgan made everyone in the auditorium stand up and give a round of applause to anyone who came in late and made them answer some uncomfortable questions in front of everyone. BUT you do not need to be there extremely early. I was there at 9:10 for my 10am appointment and they were not ready for a bunch of us. They made us hang around for maybe 10 minutes until they started doing check-ins. If you're in the building by 9:30, you're good.
    vekdoggs75 and Medic2312 like this.
    Exam 2000
    Score 101
    List # 16XX
    CPAT- Passed
    Medical- Qualified
    Psych- Taken. No news = Good news?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FDsouthbxNY View Post
    I'm a mentor.....that doesn't mean we have any more info than anyone else. There is NO confirmation of three classes a year.
    OK. The way he said it made it seemed like it was confirmed. Said something like "oh yeah, they're definitely doing that". It was at a social event, so it may have been the drinks talking lol.

Forum Member

There is a relatively new (1-2years)SS office In Bensonhurst/Bath Bath area.
    1 block from the D train, 79th Stop near neutreught high a school which has a tracks, not sure if you are officially allowed to to use it.
    If any one want to see a muscular + fat guy get get gassed and look stupid, I will meet up with you there or drive you to bayridge at Fort Hamilton Hifh school and we can time each each other. Please don't be weird. Guess that's out of your control.
    Anyway who wants to start running sprints or whatever at these places with me and my friend? Sprints are better because running will be more like you running by your self with me behind. Lol I drive and will drive you to the train or a reasonable distance.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by dwm326 View Post
    What vaccination records are they looking for? From birth?
    I'm missing vaccinations, I remember I was missing some and my doc just signed for them and I never got them lol. Is this fixable. I guess I can just get them now.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Britches View Post
    Whatever you do, DO NOT show up late. Lt. Morgan made everyone in the auditorium stand up and give a round of applause to anyone who came in late and made them answer some uncomfortable questions in front of everyone.
    This makes me very happy.

OAK
    Forum Member

Default Sprints

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
    There is a relatively new (1-2years)SS office In Bensonhurst/Bath Bath area.
    1 block from the D train, 79th Stop near neutreught high a school which has a tracks, not sure if you are officially allowed to to use it.
    If any one want to see a muscular + fat guy get get gassed and look stupid, I will meet up with you there or drive you to bayridge at Fort Hamilton Hifh school and we can time each each other. Please don't be weird. Guess that's out of your control.
    Anyway who wants to start running sprints or whatever at these places with me and my friend? Sprints are better because running will be more like you running by your self with me behind. Lol I drive and will drive you to the train or a reasonable distance.
    I'm down, let me know when. I'll meet u at FHHS.

Quote Originally Posted by 4040clubBouncer View Post
    Run notification has been anywhere from a week or two prior to the run to two days before the run. Typically is several days with the sweet spot, depending on the list number, about 8-10 days in advance of the run. Keep in mind the later groups that run may be based on failures from earlier runs.
    Earlier runs? I thought the run was a one shot deal. Fail and you're out. No?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderneck30 View Post
    Yea it's fail and your out. He's referring to the next wave of runners would be to fill The void of the failures

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderneck30 View Post
    It is. Say they schedule 350 for the run. 30 don't show, 20 fail, and 10 pass but decline the academy for personal reasons. That would leave 290 new probies and 30 open spots that they'd have to fill. They'll keep calling people for the run until they have 320.

Forum Member

Can't imagine getting a letter for the run and not showing up. Just can't.

Forum Member

Can't imagine getting a letter for the run and not showing up. Just can't.
    A former coworker and friend passed the run and then no call/no showed the orientation day, thus taking a spot from someone else (they did not backfill his spot). He wanted to keep his options open the whole way through, but it took finally getting to the point of having to commit for him to realize it's not his dream job. Not everybody is going to feel as strongly as you do about it.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by EKFCASPER View Post
    Yea it's fail and your out. He's referring to the next wave of runners would be to fill The void of the failures
    The run itself is not fail and you're out. If you go and do the run but say you do it in 14:00 minutes, you are sent same day to HQ to re-do the 8 minutes on the stairs to check your aerobic capacity. If you pass that, then you're in. But VERY few people fail the run and then go on to pass the 8 mins on stairs same day. This is all straight from Lt. Casiola at the rock. He told everyone this at my Mentee info session.

Forum Member

of course. i was thinking someone who walked to their mailbox, read the letter, and then did nothing. the idea of the job being great for someone is not the same as the job being great for someone. I accept that.
    Exam 2000
    score 100
    #24xx

not an expert, just reading these forums since 2043

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by OAK View Post
    I'm down, let me know when. I'll meet u at FHHS.
    Bro what happens at the track stays at the track. Don't come on here and tell everyone how bad my cardio is. Lol
    JDNY13 likes this.

Forum Member

of course. i was thinking someone who walked to their mailbox, read the letter, and then did nothing. the idea of the job being great for someone is not the same as the job being great for someone. I accept that.
    Some people will have a job already and are busy playing video games. Their mothers stopped signing them up for dates and getting their paper work for them.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
    Some people will have a job already and are busy playing video games. Their mothers stopped signing them up for dates and getting their paper work for them.
    Why waste anyone's time when so many dudes out there commit all their time to getting this job... dont understand it.. give me an inch and im taking a mile! thats why im gettin ready early- trying to join fdny ems then im ganna crush that exam in 2015/2016 and get in that first academy!

Forum Member

Hey anyone wanna call CID and ask them to send more packets. I have a little more time this week to fill out a stack of paperwork so yea that really works for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Britches View Post
    The run itself is not fail and you're out. If you go and do the run but say you do it in 14:00 minutes, you are sent same day to HQ to re-do the 8 minutes on the stairs to check your aerobic capacity. If you pass that, then you're in. But VERY few people fail the run and then go on to pass the 8 mins on stairs same day. This is all straight from Lt. Casiola at the rock. He told everyone this at my Mentee info session.
    Its easy to do 8 min on the stairs and afterward run 1.5 miles. Sometime this week im gonna see how it feels to do it the opposite.

Thread Information