Like Tree11239Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by roadrunner09 View Post
    I hope you guys are out there pounding the pavement. Sh1t felt cold and blustery
    today, I won't sugarcoat it...
    I'm about to go for a run now and get my lungs used to this cold *** air. This morning broke records for being the coldest at this time of the year. Something tells me this is going to be a brutal winter for us god willing we get in.
    sffdnyhopeful09 and Britches like this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DannyD0pe View Post
    I'm about to go for a run now and get my lungs used to this cold *** air. This morning broke records for being the coldest at this time of the year. Something tells me this is going to be a brutal winter for us god willing we get in.
    i ran 2 miles this morning around 8 am it was brutal! gotta get used to it though

Forum Member

I hope you guys are out there pounding the pavement. Sh1t felt cold and blustery today, I won't sugarcoat it...
    Dude it sucked. Today was track work too so it was a damn wind tunnel today. Lucked out though because engine 89 and tl 50 were there for a football game or something and actually grilling. Sure as **** I ran my *** off with that motivation.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by bk60191983 View Post
    i ran 2 miles this morning around 8 am it was brutal! gotta get used to it though
    2? Wow....don't burn yourself out....

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FDsouthbxNY View Post
    Can u please clear Ur inbox . Would like to ask u a question if I May sir .

Forum Member

thanks for the sarcasm. maybe i should of ran a marathon(it wasnt the distance that was the issue. it was the wind mostly) but thanks
    EKFCASPER likes this.

Forum Member

I actually like the cold better. You can prepare for the cold with layers and what not, and it can be invigorating. When it's 95 degrees out with 98% humidity, you can literally feel the life being sucked out of you.
    Rdarf85 likes this.

Forum Member

Hope people don't defer just because it's too cold out.

Do they still give you sweat suits for PT if you are in the summer class?

Maybe they'll send all the letters at once this time? Patience guys

Forum Member

I'm low 700's. Still no run letter. Gotta love the waiting game.
    DannyD0pe likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by mocon337 View Post
    I actually like the cold better. You can prepare for the cold with layers and what not, and it can be invigorating. When it's 95 degrees out with 98% humidity, you can literally feel the life being sucked out of you.
    I just tested my 1.5 mile run and I finished slower in this cold.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by mocon337 View Post
    I mean, I agree to an extent. The thing is, you can't just layer up as much as your little heart desires in there. As far as I know (which granted isn't much); you can wear under armour leggings and top, the shorts and t-shirt over that, and the sweatpants and sweatshirt over that (no hood). And the issued winter hat and gloves. For PT and running that is. Somebody in the know correct me if I'm wrong please...

Forum Member

I mean, I agree to an extent. The thing is, you can't just layer up as much as your little heart desires in there. As far as I know (which granted isn't much); you can wear under armour leggings and top, the shorts and t-shirt over that, and the sweatpants and sweatshirt over that (no hood). And the issued winter hat and gloves. For PT and running that is. Somebody in the know correct me if I'm wrong please...
    You can wear anything underneath your pt gear, but when you get dressed back into your Class As or work duties you need to havethe white tshirt underneath showing. As far as the gloves and hat, yes you can wear that but if one person forgets the hat at home or in the upstairs locker, no one wears the hat. The gloves you should have cause they are in your bunker locker which is downstairs near the PT area.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FFwnt2b View Post
    You can wear anything underneath your pt gear, but when you get dressed back into your Class As or work duties you need to havethe white tshirt underneath showing. As far as the gloves and hat, yes you can wear that but if one person forgets the hat at home or in the upstairs locker, no one wears the hat. The gloves you should have cause they are in your bunker locker which is downstairs near the PT area.
    Interesting. Thanks for clearing that up. Was definitely not trying to pass along false info.

So just to be clear, you can or cannot continue to wear something like an under armour top underneath a white t-shirt, while wearing Class As or work duties? Ya know, as the neck on those things come up and stick out quite a bit. Just curious man, you can go ahead and tell me to find out on my own if you want, heh...

Forum Member

Interesting. Thanks for clearing that up. Was definitely not trying to pass along false info.

So just to be clear, you can or cannot continue to wear something like an under armour top underneath a white t-shirt, while wearing Class As or work duties? Ya know, as the neck on those things come up and stick out quite a bit. Just curious man, you can go ahead and tell me to find out on my own if you want, heh...
    I am not sure, I don't think you can wear something that shows. I don't think anyone tried it for fear of punishment in my class. LOL

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FFwnt2b View Post
    I am not sure, I don't think you can wear something that shows. I don't think anyone tried it for fear of punishment in my class. LOL
    Bloody hell. Thanks for the input and clearing that up...

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by k20dc2 View Post
    Can u please clear Ur inbox . Would like to ask u a question if I May sir .
    All set, it's clear.

Forum Member

All set, it's clear.
    Pm sent . Thank you

Forum Member

Words cant describe how much I hate my current job, im sure almost everyone on this forum feels that way ... tick tock tick tock another day in the books
    BklynFDNY89 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by bklynmike91 View Post
    Words cant describe how much I hate my current job, im sure almost everyone on this forum feels that way ... tick tock tick tock another day in the books
    Right there with you. Just did a count and if we do get sworn in Dec 29th I only have 18 work days left. Man that sounds good!!
    bklynmike91 and BklynFDNY89 like this.

Forum Member

https://www.flickr.com/photos/fdnyho...7649349811952/

Congratulations all ... hoping to join you soon.

Forum Member

http://www.nyc.gov/html/fdny/insider...up_88_2014.pdf

found this

congrats to all the graduates!
    mocon337 and bklynmike91 like this.

Forum Member

What's up fellas, just wanted to give everyone a heads up about some info for this winters class. I just got this from my Mentor:

The next Probie Class is projected to December 29, 2014. The run dates projected are December 2nd, 3rd, 9th. 10th and 15th. The letters and email should be sent out shortly. They're estimating list numbers going up to around 1900-2000 to be called for the next class. December 17th is Outfitting Day where the Probie is going to the Quarter Master to pick up their equipment. Just to remind you that this is the city of New York and things change constantly. These are projections and nothing is in concrete. . If any of the Mentees have any CID issues that need to be resolved before going into Proby school they need to contact/email their investigator.
    vekdoggs75 and bklynmike91 like this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Britches View Post
    What's up fellas, just wanted to give everyone a heads up about some info for this winters class. I just got this from my Mentor:

The next Probie Class is projected to December 29, 2014. The run dates projected are December 2nd, 3rd, 9th. 10th and 15th. The letters and email should be sent out shortly. They're estimating list numbers going up to around 1900-2000 to be called for the next class. December 17th is Outfitting Day where the Probie is going to the Quarter Master to pick up their equipment. Just to remind you that this is the city of New York and things change constantly. These are projections and nothing is in concrete. . If any of the Mentees have any CID issues that need to be resolved before going into Proby school they need to contact/email their investigator.
    My mentor just texted me the same info but projected 1600-1700. Damn, so much conflicting info.
    Last edited by My1Goal; 11-19-2014 at 02:01 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by My1Goal View Post
    My mentor just texted me the same info but projected 1600-1700. Damn, so many conflicting info.

http://99gifs.com/-img/506a4f7eafa96f13f40018b6.gif
    Last edited by roadrunner09; 11-19-2014 at 02:04 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Britches View Post

Fittings at quartermaster will be 18,19,22,23 FYI.

Thread Information