Like Tree10650Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Long time reader first time poster. Before I posted anything i actually read the majority of this forum to find almost any question I had answered. Sitting at the mid 20XX's and just wanted to congratulate everyone who has gotten a run letter thus far. I can only hope to receive one!
    Last edited by fndyoneday; 11-20-2014 at 08:28 PM.
    ready4fire and Matador611 like this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by mocon337 View Post
    I'm sure you have but check your other emails dude. My friend forgot he gave DCAS a different email for NYPD stuff (after exam 2000) and only remembered to check it this morning to find his run letter!
    I've only ever used one, but just to be safe I checked my other one as well. Both spam folders are clear too. I officially have not received one. I'll speak with someone tomorrow. Hate to be a bother, but this is kind of important. And you know what they say, "the squeaky wheel gets the oil."

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FDNYlist2000 View Post
    Yes!!! I am still here biting my nails. 7XX and I haven't heard anything. Called my investigator to find out he's been out of the office. Hoping that's the reason for my late notification. He's suppose to be there tomorrow. Fingers are crossed and thinking positive. Just gonna go run, hit a workout, and pick up a shift at work to keep my mind off of it.

Yea man, I feel you. I'm kind of in the same boat. It's hard to keep my mind on my work knowing that the last 8 years of my life,I have been waiting for this opportunity and it boils down to this upcoming two weeks.
    4040clubBouncer likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bobstiller View Post
    Yea man, I feel you. I'm kind of in the same boat. It's hard to keep my mind on my work knowing that the last 8 years of my life,I have been waiting for this opportunity and it boils down to this upcoming two weeks.
    Are u under 1470?

Forum Member

Long time follower, first time poster. Congrats to everyone getting close.

Just wanted to chime in that im at 32xx and have already passed the CPAT. I have not met anyone at training w a higher number than me, but i see some posts saying that the cutoff for CPAT training this time around was lower than my #.

Thought that may bring some optimism to the candidates in the 3000's waiting for that CPAT orientation packet.

And now we wait!

Keep runnin everyone!
    Last edited by darren_fessbegler; 11-21-2014 at 01:07 AM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by k20dc2 View Post
    Are u under 1470?
    Yes sir. I should find out very soon what the reason is but I pretty much already know.

Forum Member

I dont know about everyone in this forum but I would like to hear from spiderneck on his overall experience in the academy. He doesn't have to go into details but what did he think about it overall and any recommendations for the candidates going in. I see people are getting their run letters congrats to them and good luck. I have my fingers crossed to go into the Jan '15 class as well but I will wait patiently and continue to workout.

Forum Member

I know dates are being sent out for the run and dates were thrown around for the equipment pickup at headquarters... Which day are we actually sworn in? Is it after the run? And when is everyone going to put in there 2 weeks notice at there current job? Thanks

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Prosc15 View Post
    I know dates are being sent out for the run and dates were thrown around for the equipment pickup at headquarters... Which day are we actually sworn in? Is it after the run? And when is everyone going to put in there 2 weeks notice at there current job? Thanks
    They tell you not to put your two weeks in at any point. With the city and any job working as an employee for the city, you don't technically have the job or anything until the day you are sworn in. Up until that point, don't put your two weeks in, and don't quit until you know you're going to be sworn in. You never know with the city when a lawsuit might pop up or a delay could arise for the classes. And don't worry about leaving on bad terms, if you do become employees with the city for the fdny you won't be needing another job, atleast for 22 years lol

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by SI91 View Post
    They tell you not to put your two weeks in at any point. With the city and any job working as an employee for the city, you don't technically have the job or anything until the day you are sworn in. Up until that point, don't put your two weeks in, and don't quit until you know you're going to be sworn in. You never know with the city when a lawsuit might pop up or a delay could arise for the classes. And don't worry about leaving on bad terms, if you do become employees with the city for the fdny you won't be needing another job, atleast for 22 years lol

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by vekdoggs75 View Post

We don't use that word in my house. If you say that word three times into a bathroom mirror Nicky Garifus pays you a visit.

Forum Member

First time poster. I talked to my investigator today and she said they will reach my number which is 175x so that whole thing the mentors were told about only getting to 1600-1700 may not be true

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fdnypls View Post
    First time poster. I talked to my investigator today and she said they will reach my number which is 175x so that whole thing the mentors were told about only getting to 1600-1700 may not be true
    That email was corrected a few posts back to say it may reach 1900s-2000s.
    bklynmike91 and Fdnypls like this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DannyD0pe View Post
    That email was corrected a few posts back to say it may reach 1900s-2000s.
    Im praying it reaces 2000.....or maybe 2100
    bklynmike91 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Matador611 View Post
    Im praying it reaces 2000.....or maybe 2100
    I won't be surprised if it does. We have to wait to see what list number they reach for the next 3 runs days. Any runs after that will be list numbers in the cusp.

Forum Member

Silly question: But did anybody attend that "midterm" FAP calisthenics session on Wednesday? Just got one of those automated reminder calls for the one tomorrow. The voicemail mentions to wear your workout clothes and something about a yoga mat. He kinda mumbled at that part and I couldn't make out if he said to bring one or what. Anybody that went know what's up with that and if we should? Anyone even go?

Forum Member

... If indeed they do crack List # 2000 here, that sets up the summer class to break 2700 - 2800 ... and the winter class after to break 3500 - 3600.

Music to my ears ...
    4040clubBouncer likes this.

Forum Member

I hope run letter reach 2150+ but would be more than happy with 2075. Good luck to everyone that's waiting. That's all it is. Just waiting We will all get there soon enough.

Any new talks about a new contract?

Forum Member

Sitting at 2700's ish. I am out of town but got an email from home saying i have some kind of notification from FDNY. Has anyone else received anything? Not as exciting as run letters but just asking.

Forum Member

I spoke to my investigstor this morning and she told me im border line for this class with list number 21** but i already knew that ofcourse so its nothing new
    DannyD0pe likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ready4fire View Post
    I spoke to my investigstor this morning and she told me im border line for this class with list number 21** but i already knew that ofcourse so its nothing new
    Can you give a rundown of how your process went ... how long after CPAT did u get your intake packet ?

Medical ?

Psych ?

I will be in your shoes for the winter class of 2015/2016.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gomer Pyle View Post
    Can you give a rundown of how your process went ... how long after CPAT did u get your intake packet ?

Medical ?

Psych ?

I will be in your shoes for the winter class of 2015/2016.

Umm i think after cpat i got my medical about 3 1/2 months later and than psych was about a month after medical now im just waiting for the 1.5 run im hoping for this december class

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by catchingZzzzs View Post
    Sitting at 2700's ish. I am out of town but got an email from home saying i have some kind of notification from FDNY. Has anyone else received anything? Not as exciting as run letters but just asking.
    haven't got my mail yet today. did they say it was a laRG envelope? could be an intake packet... could also be somethings else...hmm

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ready4fire View Post
    Good news. Investigators are the most reliable source on figuring out which list numbers they might reach for the academy.
    Last edited by DannyD0pe; 11-21-2014 at 02:30 PM.

Forum Member

Correction..intake was about 3 1/2 months after cpat ..medical was about 2 months later i think and than psych a month later idk i kinda forgot but in pretty sure thats accurate

Thread Information