Like Tree10470Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Stephenscm View Post
    hey guys loooong time i been here. does anyone have a link to the probie assignments? thanks guys.
    7xx
    Here you go...

http://www.nyc.gov/html/fdny/insider...up_88_2014.pdf
    4040clubBouncer likes this.

Forum Member

thanks man. I rem u from cpat training. third time really is the charm. as u know im not in.....yet

Forum Member

the link doesnt work bro

Forum Member

FAP went well today. Afternoon session. Seemed like most were able to somewhat hang. Not to many of us out there though. Those letters are coming, balls rolling. Two more assesment sessions coming up and then the academy. Hoping to see more then a couple of you at one of these runs real soon.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Medic2312 View Post
    FAP went well today. Afternoon session. Seemed like most were able to somewhat hang. Not to many of us out there though. Those letters are coming, balls rolling. Two more assesment sessions coming up and then the academy. Hoping to see more then a couple of you at one of these runs real soon.
    Session went real well for me today too. Not having to go straight from the assessment into the PT like I did the first time helped a ton lol. Felt invigorated out there today.

FYI, the shortened academy rumor was mentioned, but if it's true....not likely for this upcoming class.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Medic2312 View Post
    Is anybody who was invited to the FAP more or less expected to get a run letter? I'm sitting 1700s and got the letter but was never able to attend figured my time was spent better training than driving. What was the highest list number they sent the FAP to?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by NYCTraditions View Post
    Is anybody who was invited to the FAP more or less expected to get a run letter? I'm sitting 1700s and got the letter but was never able to attend figured my time was spent better training than driving. What was the highest list number they sent the FAP to?
    Not sure what your situation is but they stree that it would behoove everyone to attend the FAP sessions. It's meant as a barometer so you can see if you are training adaquatly. Plus it allows them to chart your progress. I've found them benifical. So is recommend trying to attend the next sessions. Just my two cents. I believe they have invited everyone whom has a chance at this upcoming academy to participate. That is probably up to around 2200..

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by NYCTraditions View Post
    They sent FAP invites to everyone with a score of 101 or greater so it doesn't mean that if you got an invite that you will get a run letter.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DannyD0pe View Post
    They sent FAP invites to everyone with a score of 101 or greater so it doesn't mean that if you got an invite that you will get a run letter.
    From my experience that is not true. If you get a Fap invite that means you are "cleared" and will most likely be getting a letter. Maybe not this academy but the following academy. I did not get a fap and I'm at 14xx. What I was told by recruitment was the reason I did not get an invite is because I was not cleared by my investigator yet. It is only for candidates who are ready for the academy.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bobstiller View Post
    From my experience that is not true. If you get a Fap invite that means you are "cleared" and will most likely be getting a letter. Maybe not this academy but the following academy. I did not get a fap and I'm at 14xx. What I was told by recruitment was the reason I did not get an invite is because I was not cleared by my investigator yet. It is only for candidates who are ready for the academy.
    I didn't know. Thanks for clarifying. I agree with being "cleared" but not about "most likely getting a run" because we don't know what list number they will reach yet.
    Last edited by DannyD0pe; 11-22-2014 at 07:06 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bobstiller View Post
    So are you cleared for the academy now? Or still don't know ?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by 4040clubBouncer View Post
    Obviously not . If he was he would have said so . Bt in his statement he clearly stated he did not receive an invetation to fap.

Forum Member

Not saying that you will get a run letter now, but most likely this class or the next class.

I am not cleared. Waiting for a run or a dq.

Forum Member

Thanks. I do not have an investigator yet, only a mentor how long usually till they contact you?

Forum Member

FDNY won boxing tonight vs NYPD

Forum Member

Hey anyone has any info on how the actual run is facilitated, is it a track or a-b configuration. Also is there a pace man of some sort, or is there timed groups. Any info would be appreciated. I'm sure its been mentioned before I tried searching but still haven't found anything. Thanks in advance.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FFleak View Post
    Hey anyone has any info on how the actual run is facilitated, is it a track or a-b configuration. Also is there a pace man of some sort, or is there timed groups. Any info would be appreciated. I'm sure its been mentioned before I tried searching but still haven't found anything. Thanks in advance.

The run is really straight forward. It isn't on a track it is on the asphalt road shown on the map below (sunken meadow loop)(https://www.google.com/maps/place/40...!3m1!1s0x0:0x0)
    There is a pacer and your goal is to stay in front of him/her. The course is flat and those who have trained should have no problem with it.

Good luck to everyone starting their journey soon.
    Matador611 and bklynmike91 like this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by thirdtimesacharm View Post
    The run is really straight forward. It isn't on a track it is on the asphalt road shown on the map below (sunken meadow loop)(https://www.google.com/maps/place/40...!3m1!1s0x0:0x0)
    There is a pacer and your goal is to stay in front of him/her. The course is flat and those who have trained should have no problem with it.

I thought sunken meadow was only a mile? Do they count the distance to or from the academy? Thanks for this.

Forum Member

I thought sunken meadow was only a mile? Do they count the distance to or from the academy? Thanks for this.
    You do 1 full lap and then another half lap where they'll have the finish line

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by thirdtimesacharm View Post

Thanks, really appreciate it.

Forum Member

Anyone remember the routine they did for the most recent FAP? Thanks!

Forum Member

What will this day bring on this blog?

It's gonna be almost 70 today. Get outside and RUN

Thread Information