Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 104 of 1204 FirstFirst ... 454941011021031041051061071141542046041104 ... LastLast
Results 2,061 to 2,080 of 24076
Like Tree9398Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

I think once put on the spot I might have strayed from game plan and answered a few of those differently then I wanted to.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
    I think once put on the spot I might have strayed from game plan and answered a few of those differently then I wanted to.
    I think that was their intention. Not sure what they are trying to accomplish, and what direction they are trying to take the department into.

There is something to be said about a candidate who studies, prepares, and strives to do as well as they can on a exam, whether it be the SATs or a civil service exam.

Hiding in the shadows waiting for the sun!!

Dj, where this newsletter that you spoke about earlier???

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by kocor321 View Post
    I think that was their intention. Not sure what they are trying to accomplish, and what direction they are trying to take the department into.

There is something to be said about a candidate who studies, prepares, and strives to do as well as they can on a exam, whether it be the SATs or a civil service exam.

in my opinion, i think they want to see consistency in your answers in the personality portion, i think in the end which was said before here, stay honest and be yourself and you wont have anything to worry about

i only wish everyone here that took the test did very well and can only hope for the best for everyone here!

Forum Member

Not that any one has said anything, but just reminding everyone to hold off on specifics for a little while longer.

Forum Member

Have anyone heard how many people tested? I felt like there were a lot of empty seats when I tested.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by PHHC08 View Post
    Have anyone heard how many people tested? I felt like there were a lot of empty seats when I tested.
    Everything is just rumors but on FDNY rant a couple of people said around 40% of Vulcan recruits no showed.

I wonder if they will tell us for sure exactly how many people tested out of the 60,000 people that applied. Not that it matters but It would be fun to know since no one is really telling us anything.
    Last edited by Skavenger85; 04-30-2012 at 01:43 PM.

Forum Member

I would just like to know if the recruitment efforts and test were a success or should we start planning for another exam. I guess they won't know until list numbers are given

Forum Member

Yea they'll need the numbers to see which percentage of "groups" passed and which didn't. This is far from over. My advice? "Set it and forget it." Wait for that next piece of mail but otherwise, find other productive things to do with your life. Stay positive but not naive. I hope you guys that are hoping for an academy in a year aren't holding your breath the whole time. Things haven't even begun to get dirty.

As long as we're all different colors, there will be people pointing fingers; further threading the quilt of racism that blankets the world. Hopefully, in a couple of hundred years skin color won't matter.

Forum Member

Guys, relax. No sense of worrying about all this bs about the test, race cards, etc. When you're notified of your results or the next step, then your questions are answered. Everyone is going to say different things are taking place and 90% of them are talking out of their @$$. Stop stressing, relax and when you hear back, you hear back..
    CSRNYC likes this.

Forum Member

Other then the whole test being thrown out based on race why is everyone talking about race during this test. I wasn't asked what race I was and I don't think any of you were either. Correct me if I'm wrong but they have no real way of knowing your skin color.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by bensonhurstlovesme View Post
    Other then the whole test being thrown out based on race why is everyone talking about race during this test. I wasn't asked what race I was and I don't think any of you were either. Correct me if I'm wrong but they have no real way of knowing your skin color.
    We were asked when we signed up for the exam.

MembersZone Subscriber

Bensonhurst,

I believe the reason why race is being brought up is because of past litigation involving the vulcan society. Home Page and the results of the test will not be posted until approval of the judge and representatives of the vulcan society.

According to the NOE from the city.

"This examination process is being conducted under the supervision of the United States District Court for the
    Eastern District of New York and is subject to that Court’s approval as a result of litigation captioned United
    States and The Vulcan Society, et al. v. City of New York, 07 CV 2067."

As far as the identification of race you had to state that with the initial application I want to say.

Forum Member

I think your 1st comment about "Other then the whole test being thrown out based on race why is everyone talking about race during this test" is reason enough to talk about it. It, along with some dickwod judge, are the only reasons alot of guys aren't 3+ years on the job right now.

You had to answer mandatory what race you are during the application process back in July to September. I remember because I couldn't skip that question when I filled it out. So yea they all know what we are plus you had to enter your ssn before you took your exam. That alone is enough info to figure who you are.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomFromQueens View Post
    We were asked when we signed up for the exam.
    i dont know where you signed up, but i remember clearly looking for that information and not seeing it anywhere

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by vekdoggs75 View Post
    I think your 1st comment about "Other then the whole test being thrown out based on race why is everyone talking about race during this test" is reason enough to talk about it. It, along with some dickwod judge, are the only reasons alot of guys aren't 3+ years on the job right now.
    yeah me being one of those people. i am as ****ed as everyone believe me.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Skavenger85 View Post
    You had to answer mandatory what race you are during the application process back in July to September. I remember because I couldn't skip that question when I filled it out. So yea they all know what we are plus you had to enter your ssn before you took your exam. That alone is enough info to figure who you are.
    whatever, sorry for my thought. this isnt really important anyway. when is the last test date so we can all discuss this f uckery of an exam. The math was a joke. everyone was sitting here worrying about the math as if it would be college trig and it was basic bull*hit. i for one think in four years for the next exam they should hand out word searches and whoever can find the most words in 20 minutes gets to take the physical.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by vekdoggs75 View Post
    The reality of that statement just felt like getting sucker punched in the gut. Best of luck to us all. Lord knows we need it with this "judge".

Thread Information