Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 105 of 1169 FirstFirst ... 555951021031041051061071081151552056051105 ... LastLast
Results 2,081 to 2,100 of 23380
Like Tree9149Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by bensonhurstlovesme View Post
    i dont know where you signed up, but i remember clearly looking for that information and not seeing it anywhere
    If you signed up online it was clearly stated at the very last step before your $25 dollars were to be processed. If you did it in-person I assume the recruiter asked you or pointed towards checking a box that best reflected the which one of these you are statements.

Forum Member

Without giving away any information, how does everyone think they actually did on the exam ? Is the dream still alive or is it time to move on ? Personally I don't have a good feeling. Could be that I'm being hard on myself because I went into the test feeling I had to ace it and knowing I probably didn't. And just the way I studied and practiced the video portion of the exam ended up being counterproductive when it came to actual exam time.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomFromQueens View Post
    Without giving away any information, how does everyone think they actually did on the exam ? Is the dream still alive or is it time to move on ? Personally I don't have a good feeling. Could be that I'm being hard on myself because I went into the test feeling I had to ace it and knowing I probably didn't. And just the way I studied and practiced the video portion of the exam ended up being counterproductive when it came to actual exam time.
    I'm fairly confident I got at least 3 Q's wrong (2 videos, and 1 personality). Beyond that I'd say there were about 3-5 other Q's I wouldn't say I def got wrong, but I'm also not all that confident either. With the 5 points for residency, IF my gut is right on those Q's I'm hopeful that gives me a shot, but maybe not to move through the process as quickly as I had originally hoped.

Forum Member

Honestly, hard to say. When I left the building I was like "aced it" then as the days went by I started over anaylizing a lot of it and second guessing some choices. I think that is just the post test anxiety messing with your head, I'm sure you did better than you think.

I feel like the fact that most of us have to wait a month or more to even have a clue as to how we did is the main reason some of us are freaking out about it, too much time to think about it. Wish this was like the police test where you get your score instantly after the last question but what are ya gonna do. Its like Shrodinger's cat, until we know it could be anything.

Good luck

Hiding in the shadows waiting for the sun!!

I guess we will have to find out when we attend the protest session. I have it next week may 11 th at 4 pm. Does anyone else have it the same day I do? If not I will most likely let you in on how this whole thing works.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by HopefulFF View Post
    I'm fairly confident I got at least 3 Q's wrong (2 videos, and 1 personality). Beyond that I'd say there were about 3-5 other Q's I wouldn't say I def got wrong, but I'm also not all that confident either. With the 5 points for residency, IF my gut is right on those Q's I'm hopeful that gives me a shot, but maybe not to move through the process as quickly as I had originally hoped.
    IMO you can't fail a personality question. You just have to be consistent. People who are trying to look good or "pass" the personality section are weeded out. They do not use the MMPI 2 exam but it's a similar format to catch you. If you put that you are a upstanding citizen never told a white lie always in a great mood always a good guy/girl, they're gonna know your full of ****. The best thing to do is answer honestly and hope for the best. The personality section isn't going to be graded, but is a guide to compare if and when you take the FDNY psych. Let's say a year from now you get called for the psych. They will ask you similar questions along with others if your inconsistent they will note that

Now for all you critics this was just my opinion so relax. Also I've taken many civil service exams and been through a few of the hiring processes to kind of get the jist of how these things work.

Forum Member

I'm in the I believe it when I see it boat. So with that in mind; I'll believe it when I see it.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Skavenger85 View Post
    I guess we will have to find out when we attend the protest session. I have it next week may 11 th at 4 pm. Does anyone else have it the same day I do? If not I will most likely let you in on how this whole thing works.
    FDNY Exam Review Appointment
    05/11/2012
    12:00 PM - 3:45 PM

Forum Member

One thing I will say is there weren't any questions where I was 100% certain I got wrong. There were 4-5 questions where it was 50/50 so who knows maybe I got them correct.

Not giving any information away but am I the only person who was really ****ed off about the Math on the test. Once it gets confirmed people are going to review sessions I'll go into further detail as to why I was ****ed.

Forum Member

Hopefully the questions we got wrong are just 1/3 of a point and not a full point. With residency we'll still have a shot. So a raw score of no less than 95 is what im hoping for bringing it to 100 with residency.

Forum Member

9 more days till we can discuss it?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by bensonhurstlovesme View Post
    IMO you can't fail a personality question. You just have to be consistent. People who are trying to look good or "pass" the personality section are weeded out. They do not use the MMPI 2 exam but it's a similar format to catch you. If you put that you are a upstanding citizen never told a white lie always in a great mood always a good guy/girl, they're gonna know your full of ****. The best thing to do is answer honestly and hope for the best. The personality section isn't going to be graded, but is a guide to compare if and when you take the FDNY psych. Let's say a year from now you get called for the psych. They will ask you similar questions along with others if your inconsistent they will note that

Now for all you critics this was just my opinion so relax. Also I've taken many civil service exams and been through a few of the hiring processes to kind of get the jist of how these things work.
    Your opinion is being stated more like fact. The psych test will most definitely, 100% be graded and weighted against the overall score of the written exam.

Forum Member

Agreed, this test is nothing like any other test unless maybe you are thinking of another test PSI administered.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
    Agreed, this test is nothing like any other test unless maybe you are thinking of another test PSI administered.
    Quote Originally Posted by FDNYPD View Post
    Your opinion is being stated more like fact. The psych test will most definitely, 100% be graded and weighted against the overall score of the written exam.
    I was just going to say that no one knows how its going to be graded, so instead just wait on it. More important than seeing how many you get wrong right now is waiting to see how this thing will be graded, that's the most important factor.

Forum Member

Right on, DJ. The how is more important than the if right now.

Coming into the city on the 14th for the review. So psyched! Anyone know of the best way to get from Penn Station to the Brooklyn review site?
    Last edited by FDNYPD; 05-02-2012 at 09:35 PM. Reason: Spelling Errors

Forum Member

For those who also took the Philly testÖ any idea of how many points were deducted for messing up one personality question? Like if there were five in a category and you answered 4 out of 5 one way and misinterpreted one, would that possibly take you out of the runnings in Philly? Just thinking if they go that route, what have you guys seen happen? Also anyone familar with how they grade the Suffolk county cop test? Similar style judgement questions. Answered honestly and didn't fair so well. Just food for thought.

Forum Member

take the R train to court St borough hall and walk the 2 blocks.

Forum Member

Thanks Brooklyn

Forum Member

Actually the 2 or 3 stops right in front, the stop is called " borough Hall" . It should be easier to get the 2 or 3 from underground in Penn.

Anything that goes to court street or borough hall.

Forum Member

Awesome. Thanks! Know about how long? Trying to time it with my train's arrival

Thread Information