Like Tree11242Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

26xx no packet today

Forum Member

For guys that already filled out packets, when it comes to the education section did you go all the way back to elementary school? Or just high school, ged and college? Thanks for all your help

Forum Member

Forum Member

That last sentence in the article sent shivers up my spine "Lawsuit" ... Considering the last lawsuit took years away from us
    Matador611 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by SGD1028 View Post
    For guys that already filled out packets, when it comes to the education section did you go all the way back to elementary school? Or just high school, ged and college? Thanks for all your help
    Went back to high school

Forum Member

Jesus Christ, they better not throw this list out before we get in.. Nothing against women being fd at all, but if you're weak and unable to pass requirements you can't be a fire fighter. You don't see weak puny men crying and filing law suits for not getting in, why? Because they are weak and puny.. You need certain cards to be delt with for certain jobs. Arnold Swarsinagger for president y'all

Forum Member

Exactly! Nothing against females but like Lt.Cacciolla said in a youtube video. We don't classify a fire by gender. A fire is a fire point blank. If these females want o bit** about not getting in then they should start working out like the 44 other women did and proved that they could do it. I hope to God women don't get away with "lower physical standards" than men because that woul'd totally suck. What's next, females won't fight a fire because they are on that time of the month. FOH! Go be a bottle service girl.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Smoove View Post
    Went back to high school
    Okay, thabks for the info..and you had no problems with your investigator, they didnt give you anything about that?

Forum Member

"Pols and advocates were more critical of the academy, insisting women are subjected to too-rigorous physical requirements that arenít necessary for the job."

This is just ridiculous. That Council women should put on bunker gear and the scba and walk up some stairs then crawl through a smoke filled apartment to then break through a door and then have to rescue a mother with her kids... Oh wait!
    It's too rigorous.
    This article just upset me...
    Matador611, bkopie and BigShawn718 like this.

Forum Member

So for guys who have been threw the peocess already, you guys got the itemized SS statement of earnings $136? Or certified yearly totals of earning $56? Kinda confused here..And Can you go to any SS office location and be provided with these papers? Thanks for any help

Forum Member

if you can't hack it, man or woman, then this job isn't for you. sorry, but it happens. this is predominantly, a man's job. its just the way things are. if you want it, then you have to work hard for it, I did and so did SOME of the females in my academy class. if i go down and a female could lift a 100 lbs. block off of me and save me, and a man is there and can't lift the 100 lbs. off of me, i want her, or vice versa. A fire or hazards of this job doesn't change because its going to be a male or female responding.
    maybe we should make a stand and tell them we will sue if they don't let us men start giving birth. if these feminists want to sue and create another hiring freeze, let them, ill enjoy it.

sorry for the little rant, but its late, and I'm hungry but I can't eat because if I eat, ill just get fat.
    Last edited by fdnybk; 12-11-2014 at 01:42 AM.
    BigShawn718 likes this.

Forum Member

The excuse they use as not being specific to the job is infuriating.
    Also the misleadingly worded "not hiring enough women", it's not they are aren't hiring them, it's that they are not passing or even Interested. I know I'm preaching to the choir here but I really hate the way they mislead the public.

These aren't even feminists, they are opportunists.
    Last edited by BrooklynBorn; 12-11-2014 at 01:38 AM.

Forum Member

Okay, thabks for the info..and you had no problems with your investigator, they didnt give you anything about that?
    No problems with the investigator. I just put high school and college.

So for guys who have been threw the peocess already, you guys got the itemized SS statement of earnings $136? Or certified yearly totals of earning $56? Kinda confused here..And Can you go to any SS office location and be provided with these papers? Thanks for any help
    You have to get the detailed(itemized) earnings statement for the last 5 years. I don't know about any location, but you can pick it up at the SS office. I went to the one on Nostrand ave by Flatbush junction. They raised the prices last month to $136, which sucks. It was $102 when I got mine.
    bklynmike91 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Smoove View Post
    No problems with the investigator. I just put high school and college.

You have to get the detailed(itemized) earnings statement for the last 5 years. I don't know about any location, but you can pick it up at the SS office. I went to the one on Nostrand ave by Flatbush junction. They raised the prices last month to $136, which sucks. It was $102 when I got mine.
    Okay, thanks. I just wanted to make sure they didnt give you any trouble for your education. And Ive notice they raised th price for the earnings statement, that really suxks lol but gotta do what you gotta do, thanks again man

Forum Member

Hmmm haven't been on here in a while...im happy i came on today...i didn't know packets were going out im at 22xx and haven't received one...hopefully today maybe

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kennybobo View Post
    Hmmm haven't been on here in a while...im happy i came on today...i didn't know packets were going out im at 22xx and haven't received one...hopefully today maybe
    Agreed. How bout some
    More packets. Can't believe candidates are getting only a week notice. Thankful I have all my papers together
    bklynmike91 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by 4040clubBouncer View Post
    Agreed. How bout some
    More packets. Can't believe candidates are getting only a week notice. Thankful I have all my papers together
    I feel the same ...

I got on the paperwork thing about 2 months ago and feels good knowing I basically have everything I need.
    bklynmike91 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by fdnybk View Post
    if you can't hack it, man or woman, then this job isn't for you. sorry, but it happens. this is predominantly, a man's job. its just the way things are. if you want it, then you have to work hard for it, I did and so did SOME of the females in my academy class. if i go down and a female could lift a 100 lbs. block off of me and save me, and a man is there and can't lift the 100 lbs. off of me, i want her, or vice versa. A fire or hazards of this job doesn't change because its going to be a male or female responding.
    maybe we should make a stand and tell them we will sue if they don't let us men start giving birth. if these feminists want to sue and create another hiring freeze, let them, ill enjoy it.

sorry for the little rant, but its late, and I'm hungry but I can't eat because if I eat, ill just get fat.
    I agree man. If a job gives a requirement, it must be met, period. You don't apply for a job, see you can't do it & file a f***ing lawsuit because you can't do what the job requires. F*** that. That's absolute bull. How do you fight for equality & expect to be treated equally in a possible life or death job when you lower the standards instead of meeting them.
    Gheech and bklynmike91 like this.

Forum Member

For NYC residents who have gone through the investigation process-- Is it ok if my NY state driver's license address is not a city address or my current address?

Lived in the city for about 10 years, but never changed my NY state driver's license address to my city addresses because of the frequency of moving apartments and I haven't been driving. Just left it as my parents' NY address outside the city.

I do have proof of residency with everything else-- bank/credit card statements, W-9, bills, etc.

Forum Member

At least we have some sort of official word of when the next test is:

Nigro said he’d like to see a force that’s 15-17% female, and plans ad campaigns and outreach to veterans groups and other organizations to recruit women. But meaningful change is likely years down the road - the next exam for would-be firefighters is not until 2017.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by PJ FDNY View Post
    For NYC residents who have gone through the investigation process-- Is it ok if my NY state driver's license address is not a city address or my current address?

Lived in the city for about 10 years, but never changed my NY state driver's license address to my city addresses because of the frequency of moving apartments and I haven't been driving. Just left it as my parents' NY address outside the city.

I do have proof of residency with everything else-- bank/credit card statements, W-9, bills, etc.
    Seems like a very rare situation, but i would say that as long as you have all of the paperwork that they require, plus some, and all that has a City address from all of the time periods between filing and now, then I would think that they would be ok with it. Licenses are state, not city, so as long as you have it in-state I think you should be ok. This is just my 2 cents, so I do not know for sure. Just a guess. Good luck
    PJ FDNY likes this.

Forum Member

I signed up for 6019 when I was 24 years old. I’m well over 30 now, and I’ll just leave it at that. It was a fight to even get the age extension in order to be able to sit for exam 2000, but we got it done. Time when on, and I have to be honest, I started getting fed up with this city, even though I’m from here. The cost, the density, the lack of nature, the yuppies, the bums. Almost got the hell out of here, and sometimes wish I had. Started daydreaming of being a ski bum in the mountains of Colorado. Or a semi-drunken dock worker on the outskirts of anchorage.

But now that it’s finally happening, I think I’m getting a new sense of contentment with the area. The opportunity to help people is all I, and hopefully most of us here, have ever wanted. Nothing has ever felt quite right. School, meaningless jobs, etc. Something has been calling me towards this for a long time now, and I’ll do beyond my absolute best not to screw up this chance. Feels good to have this letter. I’m excited and nervous as sh1t. The DI’s and staff are not messing around, and they clearly showcased that yesterday. You could cut the tension with a knife in that auditorium. So stay on top of it, guys. You’ll get it. And if some of you feel like you have been waiting so long since 2012, deal with it. That’s nothing. The wait is all part of the game, and if you get on within 2-3 years of testing, you’re a lucky man. So go get yours, and at the same time help others trying to get theirs in whatever way you can. Cause it’ll come back to you. Good luck all.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by roadrunner09 View Post
    I signed up for 6019 when I was 24 years old. I’m well over 30 now, and I’ll just leave it at that. It was a fight to even get the age extension in order to be able to sit for exam 2000, but we got it done. Time when on, and I have to be honest, I started getting fed up with this city, even though I’m from here. The cost, the density, the lack of nature, the yuppies, the bums. Almost got the hell out of here, and sometimes wish I had. Started daydreaming of being a ski bum in the mountains of Colorado. Or a semi-drunken dock worker on the outskirts of anchorage.

But now that it’s finally happening, I think I’m getting a new sense of contentment with the area. The opportunity to help people is all I, and hopefully most of us here, have ever wanted. Nothing has ever felt quite right. School, meaningless jobs, etc. Something has been calling me towards this for a long time now, and I’ll do beyond my absolute best not to screw up this chance. Feels good to have this letter. I’m excited and nervous as sh1t. The DI’s and staff are not messing around, and they clearly showcased that yesterday. You could cut the tension with a knife in that auditorium. So stay on top of it, guys. You’ll get it. And if some of you feel like you have been waiting so long since 2012, deal with it. That’s nothing. The wait is all part of the game, and if you get on within 2-3 years of testing, you’re a lucky man. So go get yours, and at the same time help others trying to get theirs in whatever way you can. Cause it’ll come back to you. Good luck all.
    i'm with you on this one. didn't think this could ever happen but im here too. was on the verge of moving to texas or california for the same reasons. didnt wait as long as you did (you're a jedi for that) but glad it's all working out. well said, my friend. well said.
    Last edited by Grown Simba; 12-11-2014 at 12:28 PM.

Forum Member

Feels good, finally got a probie manual off of my friend who just graduated.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by roadrunner09 View Post

Literally in the same boat.....just didn't get that creative with the daydreams lol.

Thread Information