Like Tree11286Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by bklynmike91 View Post
    This true? Cause im 3XXX, I got my statement like a month ago thinking I would have intake before the new year. If this news is true your just saved me 102$ and I owe you a beer
    Do you mean march 2015 or 2016? Because at 30xx he most likely will not have intake until after march 2015.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by SirEd View Post
    Do you mean march 2015 or 2016? Because at 30xx he most likely will not have intake until after march 2015.
    I'm at 31xx ... Why would we not have intake until after March ?

Is this when that later batch of 101's had their intake last year ?
    bklynmike91 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gomer Pyle View Post
    I'm at 31xx ... Why would we not have intake until after March ?

Is this when that later batch of 101's had their intake last year ?
    I had mine around march, sitting at 20XX. But you also have to look at it like this if this class reached just about 1900 there really is no reason to rush any list number above 3000. The people getting packets now all seem to be under 2500 because they all have a potential of getting called up for the summer. I won't/ can't predict when people over 3000 will get their packets but in the eyes of CID they really have to rush to get all people under 2500 through the process.
    bklynmike91 likes this.

Forum Member

Got it, I was thinking that all 100s were going to get the intake right after this class went in .. If my intake is after March I know ill have to get the earnings again, If its before which I hope it is ill be set. Im low 3000s .. well just have to wait and see

Forum Member

Intake dec 29

Forum Member

sweeeeettt congrats
    Quote Originally Posted by 4040clubBouncer View Post
    Intake dec 29
    SGD1028 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by 4040clubBouncer View Post
    Intake dec 29
    what list number are you
    SGD1028 likes this.

Forum Member

This may have been asked before but for admin day is it business casual or do we wear suits?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by USMC55 View Post
    This may have been asked before but for admin day is it business casual or do we wear suits?
    It just says neatly attired on the letter. I'd say suit is preferable, but collared button down with a tie and dress pants should be good enough.

Forum Member

Okay, here's some scoop from today's run. About 40 ppl there give or take. Everyone passed. Higest list number I heard thrown around was 1910, so they indeed did break the 1900's.

Forum Member

what list number are you
    I'm in the 2460s
    bklynmike91 likes this.

Forum Member

Got it, I was thinking that all 100s were going to get the intake right after this class went in .. If my intake is after March I know ill have to get the earnings again, If its before which I hope it is ill be set. Im low 3000s .. well just have to wait and see
    This is my speculation on this because I have an interest in when they will send out more packets because I may need to reschedule.

So far it seems packets were only sent out to 25xx and the latest interview date is on Dec 30th.

What does not make sense is them only having people from 1900 to 2500 to pick from for the summer class. It seems an awful small amount of people and a 1:2 ratio for them to work with. While this would be enough for last class, how could they feel this would be enough for the upcoming class.

It would seem they will have to send out more packets to get people ready for Summer 2015 class.

Maybe they will send out another round of packets next month with intake interview dates only a week or two away again.
    bklynmike91 and fndyoneday like this.

Forum Member

This is my speculation on this because I have an interest in when they will send out more packets because I may need to reschedule.

So far it seems packets were only sent out to 25xx and the latest interview date is on Dec 30th.

What does not make sense is them only having people from 1900 to 2500 to pick from for the summer class. It seems an awful small amount of people and a 1:2 ratio for them to work with. While this would be enough for last class, how could they feel this would be enough for the upcoming class.

It would seem they will have to send out more packets to get people ready for Summer 2015 class.

Maybe they will send out another round of packets next month with intake interview dates only a week or two away again.
    Yea, your right, so maybe they will send out the rest of the packets over the next month or so .. doesnt make much sense to only have 600 candidates ready for the summer class, and as the list goes usually the ratio goes up, maybe 1:2 now but later could be 1:3ish I hope .. Ha! we shall soon see sir ed!

Forum Member

This is just a speculation but I think they will send packets to the guys over 2500 in January. The 100s are the largest group so far that CID is going to process so it's hard to guess when the packets will come. But maybe they will be sent out tomorrow I'm just another hopeful candidate who is just bored at the current job.
    bklynmike91 likes this.

Forum Member

Does any one have link to the news clip of elizabeth Crowley Being interviewed today?
    Last edited by BrooklynBorn; 12-15-2014 at 03:20 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by billwill View Post
    How accurate is this???? If this is true--- the list wont technically expire until June 2017?? Has anyone confirmed this yet?
    It's 100% official. The list expires on June 26th, 2017. Call DCAS' automated system and ask for info on Exam 2000. It will tell you when the list became official, the last # hired off the list, and when the list expires.

Forum Member

For guys who have been through the process, in the packet, do we sign and date everything on the packet now or in person at the actual intake interview?

Forum Member

Anybody run today?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BD1017 View Post
    Anybody run today?
    Yep - nobody failed.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
    Does any one have link to the news clip of elizabeth Crowley Being interviewed today?
    If anyone finds it please post, I tried recording it on my phone but crappy quality. Greg Kelly was putting pressure on her ! lol
    vekdoggs75 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FFleak View Post
    If anyone finds it please post, I tried recording it on my phone but crappy quality. Greg Kelly was putting pressure on her ! lol
    http://www.myfoxny.com/clip/10949237...-women-in-fdny
    SGD1028 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by billwill View Post
    How accurate is this???? If this is true--- the list wont technically expire until June 2017?? Has anyone confirmed this yet?
    There's no technical about it. A hiring list does not get established (and thus start its 4 year life) until they need to hire from it. Honestly it would have been better off for you guys if they hadn't touched the OC list for the 2nd class, but I guess they couldn't fill it from just EMS and PH. That would have delayed the starting of the life of the list by another 6 months, and they would have used a lot more OC candidates immediately, instead of going through around 100 #s to fill 30 spots in class 13-02.
    Matador611 and bkopie like this.

Forum Member

Watched this, and I have to say its pretty ridiculous..I heard a question being asked mulitple times, with NO ANSWER BY CROWLEY!!!!!!!... The question is ; What exactly is the Fire Department doing thats Holding back woman from getting the job, what is it exactly?..its in the numbers is a BS excuse, doesnt hold up..and not only that, She agrees that the Standards should remain the same but at the same time I bet shes happy that the Commisioner threw out passing FST in order to graduate PFF Academy...this is insane!

Forum Member

she couldnt even answer the damn question lol.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by prospect View Post
    she couldnt even answer the damn question lol.
    Thats what Im saying, what a joke

Thread Information