Like Tree11240Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

This woman seems to have her head on straight.

http://observer.com/2014/12/state-se...#ixzz3LvW47Tzd
    SGD1028 likes this.

Forum Member

Just being difficult because she can. She doesn't even know why...
    SGD1028 likes this.

Forum Member

This is funny lmao..read the comment under the video that a WOMAN MADE!! Which is so damn true.

http://youtu.be/qCmZe1YjWT8

Forum Member

So from what we know, how many people passed the run for this class? Isn't the lucky number 320? I wonder how far off from that number that they are? Granted people can fail after admin day..

Forum Member

“The problem is that strong, fit women who have passed the City’s physical tests are disproportionately dropping out of the Fire Academy"
    Passing CPAT doesn't mean your strong and fit! Lmaooo.
    Crowley needs a man to give her some Vitamin D asap lmaoo.
    SGD1028 likes this.

Forum Member

Called CID to confirm they had my current address listed on file. Of course, they didn't. I also asked the girl if my packet had gone out yet. She said "No, but it will be very soon". Just wanted to share that with you guys.
    List# 265X
    bklynmike91 likes this.

Forum Member

IWow that was bad. She wouldn't have even made much sense had he not questioned her. I wonder if any one with real power saw this and if it makes a difference.

What's different about the academy over the past 2 years?

Her basic argument was the commissioner agreed which really means he acknowledged her.
    Last edited by BrooklynBorn; Yesterday at 02:52 AM.

Forum Member

It seems her main argument is "inconsistency" i.e, that the academy has been inconsistent. From what i've heard, passing FST wasnt originally a requirement to graduate and that it "suddenly" became a requirement in the more recent classes. According to a December 11th article in the NY Post:

"After the hearing, Commissioner Nigro said passing the skills tests (FST) had only been required of the two most recent classes and not for any of the 15 years before".

....and their belief is that it only recently became a requirement in an attempt to eliminate females.

Another argument is that the FST course does'nt exactly correlate with what INDIVIDUAL firefighters do in real life. In the field, specific task (ex: forcible entry, stretching/pulling hoselines, search & rescue, ceiling pull, Saw carry etc.,) are each assigned to specific groups and persons, whereas in FST only one member is required to perform ALL of those task.

I personally don't know the reason behind why passing the FST suddenly became a requirement if it had'nt been before, and i somewhat disagree with the idea that FST does'nt correlate since depending on conditions, a member can certainly be called upon to perform a multitude of task they were'nt originally assigned, but this is basically their argument in a nutshell.
    BrooklynBorn likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by loconights View Post
    Called CID to confirm they had my current address listed on file. Of course, they didn't. I also asked the girl if my packet had gone out yet. She said "No, but it will be very soon". Just wanted to share that with you guys.
    List# 265X
    What's the CID number? I sent the required email when I moved but I'd like to check as well. I know dcas has my current info . But I'm pretty sure after cpat were done with dcas right?
    bklynmike91 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderneck30 View Post
    It seems her main argument is "inconsistency" i.e, that the academy has been inconsistent. From what i've heard, passing FST wasnt originally a requirement to graduate and that it "suddenly" became a requirement in the more recent classes. According to a December 11th article in the NY Post:

"After the hearing, Commissioner Nigro said passing the skills tests (FST) had only been required of the two most recent classes — and not for any of the 15 years before".

....and their belief is that it only recently became a requirement in an attempt to eliminate females.

Another argument is that the FST course does'nt exactly correlate with what INDIVIDUAL firefighters do in real life. In the field, specific task (ex: forcible entry, stretching/pulling hoselines, search & rescue, ceiling pull, Saw carry etc.,) are each assigned to specific groups and persons, whereas in FST only one member is required to perform ALL of those task.

I personally don't know the reason behind why passing the FST suddenly became a requirement if it had'nt been before, and i somewhat disagree with the idea that FST does'nt correlate since depending on conditions, a member can certainly be called upon to perform a multitude of task they were'nt originally assigned, but this is basically their argument in a nutshell.
    What are the odds this test gets thrown out because of this women bull****? maybe I shouldn't defer to the winter class with this **** going on.
    Last edited by SirEd; Yesterday at 10:28 AM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by SirEd View Post
    What are the odds this test gets thrown out because of this women bull****? maybe I shouldn't defer to the winter class with this **** going on.

Wouldn't they just eliminate this FST requirement before throwing this test out?

I swear the government should just have a basic rule, no whites can get city or governmental jobs. Would make things a lot easier. Eventually it will come to this anyway.
    From what I read, and you guys can correct me if I'm wrong, it seems the commissioner has already publicly said FST will still be part of the academy but failing doesn't mean automatic failure of the academy. So there has already been changes. And from the interviews I saw, Crowley verbalized that she was capable and willing to file a grievance/suit, but to my knowledge none so far. I think we may be ok for now.

On a different note though, you run that risk every time you defer. You never know when someone is gonna file and a hiring freeze start. Or the city realizes, all of a sudden, it's out of money. I would say if at all possible, I would avoid deferring at all costs.
    SGD1028 and Grown Simba like this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DSNY2FDNY View Post
    What's the CID number? I sent the required email when I moved but I'd like to check as well. I know dcas has my current info . But I'm pretty sure after cpat were done with dcas right?
    Did you recieve confirmation via mail? When I changed my address right after we started our cpat Trainjng, they sent me a letter from Dcas and Fdny confirming.

Forum Member

I graduated last class we had 5 woman 1 got hurt the other 4 passed... That would be a percentage of 0 whom of which failed the academy... My question is where is she getting these numbers From. She also mentioned over 8000 woman were interested in the job...That's her dressed up version of saying 8000 took the test. That would mean 27000 men took the test. The job is not appealing to most woman. She mentions it's a great job that women deserve a chance of getting...yea they do have a chance at getting it no one is barred from the exam. And yes maybe the academy is "unnessecarily" difficult. That is to weed out those who wanna be firefighter and those who want to have a "good job"

Forum Member

Question: Anybody know who the people there early yesterday who looked to be getting into their PT gear? Are they recycles just getting a workout in?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DSNY2FDNY View Post
    718-999-2169
    bklynmike91 likes this.

Forum Member

"The FST drills include advancing a heavy tire 6 to 8 feet, raising a ladder up a wall and breaching holes in a ceiling — while wearing an oxygen tank with a limited amount of air."

Just seeing that gets my adrenaline running. I want to leave work and go to the gym so bad right now lol

Forum Member

does anyone know if we have to get the beneficiary form notarized?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by SirEd View Post
    you really shouldn't defer man. unless you or someone you love is struggling with an illness and you need to heal/help them heal, you should take this job when it's offered to you. biggest regret of your life if something happens and hiring completely stops like it did 6 years ago.
    FDNYlist2000 and bklynmike91 like this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by usmc55 View Post
    does anyone know if we have to get the beneficiary form notarized?

it doesnt say anywhere that we do. Just 2 witnesses. They would of told us otherwise.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by bk60191983 View Post
    it doesnt say anywhere that we do. Just 2 witnesses. They would of told us otherwise.
    Yeah I figured, just wanted to double check. Anything else we need?
    Money Order $9
    Certificate of Despositon (if applicable)
    Marriage Certificate (if applicable)
    Beneficiary form
    Combo Lock
    lunch
    Proof of address
    DD 214 (if applicable)

Forum Member

http://www.firehouse.com/news/120283...-alarm-inferno

thank the Almighty for adrenaline. Just reading this got me pumped (although it was at an abandoned warehouse, the job had to be done though!)

Forum Member

13 days left for day 1 aof this winter's academy class and I feel like it's me going in. can't f*****g wait til its my turn goddammit! duck# 26xx

congrats again to those in line. you deserve it, enjoy the pain brothers. i'm positively jealous
    bklynmike91 and fndyoneday like this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by USMC55 View Post
    Money Order $9
    Beneficiary form
    Combo Lock
    lunch
    Proof of address
    DD 214 (if applicable)

No wedding bands, probie manuals not needed, face and head clean shaven. Id also make a personal data sheet. Proby Manual chapter 1 has a checklist under the orientation.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by USMC55 View Post
    Money Order $9
    Beneficiary form
    Combo Lock
    lunch
    Proof of address
    DD 214 (if applicable)
    What's the certificate of desposition?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by vekdoggs75 View Post
    What's the certificate of desposition?
    any prior arrests (misdemeanor/felonies)..Its a court document

Thread Information