Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 107 of 1170 FirstFirst ... 757971041051061071081091101171572076071107 ... LastLast
Results 2,121 to 2,140 of 23390
Like Tree9169Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ffbam24 View Post
    Hang tough.
    And remember to still not discuss the test here. Many military members who are signed up may not have taken it yet and will not for a while. As well as we are waiting to see the outcome of the VS' move to reschedule those who missed their test dates.
    I'm interested as well to see how this will play out. Will they continue to administer the exam during the review period? If so, I would hope it's a different version of the exam than what we all took in the original testing period. Even if they do have us sign a document swearing to secrecy that we won't share answers we get from the review session, you know that doesn't mean a thing to some people.

Very good point with the military guys, they will have the opportunity to take it at any point when they return home. I don't know if there will ever be an appropriate time to publicly discuss these questions so we should probably play it safe and just not do it. Heck, who knows if we all even had the same version of the exam. Go to your review session to see how you did, then let the chips fall where Mr. Garufis thinks they should fall and hope you're one of the lucky ones. It's all you can do on any civil service exam anymore.
    Skavenger85 likes this.

Forum Member

FFbam. What word got bleeped in your post?

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
    FFbam. What word got bleeped in your post?
    LOL. I was wondering if someone would ask. What has the internets come to if you can't type s h i t e ?

Forum Member

Lol the e threw me off.

Forum Member

Does anyone remember when they said they were going to release results of the test? I could have sworn they said first or second week of May. Had a buddy ask and I couldn't tell him for sure, he thought it was going to be way latter than that.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by CFD11 View Post
    Does anyone remember when they said they were going to release results of the test? I could have sworn they said first or second week of May. Had a buddy ask and I couldn't tell him for sure, he thought it was going to be way latter than that.
    No, the results will be later this year. You will be able to submit a protest during the review session and see what you got wrong, but no grade will be given until later this year after the test has passed a federal court's inspection.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by CableGuy516 View Post
    I'm interested as well to see how this will play out. Will they continue to administer the exam during the review period? If so, I would hope it's a different version of the exam than what we all took in the original testing period. Even if they do have us sign a document swearing to secrecy that we won't share answers we get from the review session, you know that doesn't mean a thing to some people.

Very good point with the military guys, they will have the opportunity to take it at any point when they return home. I don't know if there will ever be an appropriate time to publicly discuss these questions so we should probably play it safe and just not do it. Heck, who knows if we all even had the same version of the exam. Go to your review session to see how you did, then let the chips fall where Mr. Garufis thinks they should fall and hope you're one of the lucky ones. It's all you can do on any civil service exam anymore.
    Do you honestly think they gave 40,000+ people the same exact computer based exam .the 12 people I spoke to got,totally different video questions.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by bensonhurstlovesme View Post
    Do you honestly think they gave 40,000+ people the same exact computer based exam .the 12 people I spoke to got,totally different video questions.
    I don't know anything for sure, but I wouldn't go bragging that I spoke to X amount of people about specific parts of the exam. That right there could get you canned. Remember that if you get a good grade there will be people looking for any reason to DQ you in the process. It's all about integrity.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by CableGuy516 View Post
    I don't know anything for sure, but I wouldn't go bragging that I spoke to X amount of people about specific parts of the exam. That right there could get you canned. Remember that if you get a good grade there will be people looking for any reason to DQ you in the process. It's all about integrity.
    Ok well then someone I know told me that he spoke to others and they said all the questions were different. He told me even a lot of the personality questions were different. It depends on how you answered the first question , that would dictate the next one. Everyone had 80 personality questions but some were different order and different types.
    I have an estimate of January they send out the scores and list numbers, they start the hiring process around June 2013.
    Now let's say 20000 minorities took the test, but for arguement sake the top 500 listers are Caucasian. Wouldn't this whole cluster f uck have been just a huge waste of time and agrrivation.
    America has become too PC and it makes me sick.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by bensonhurstlovesme View Post
    Ok well then someone I know told me that he spoke to others and they said all the questions were different. He told me even a lot of the personality questions were different. It depends on how you answered the first question , that would dictate the next one. Everyone had 80 personality questions but some were different order and different types.
    I wonder, obviously everyone has heard different things and read different things but a common theme I've heard is people is people saying either the test is really tricky or it was really simple. I wonder if maybe the people that thought it was simple actually got a few questions wrong right off the bat so the test would continue to lob them simpler questions. While those with trickier questions got those because they kept answering questions correctly.

Forum Member

Forum Member

Anyone else having dreams that they go to the review session and find out they got half the questions wrong?

Forum Member

I'm preparing for that to be a reality. The computer wouldn't recognize the last 10 or so questions answered during my test. It supposedly sent the others but if it couldn't send the last 10, how do I know it sent the first portions? Can't wait for next Monday to see how things work out.

Forum Member

How do you know it didn't register the last ten? what did the proctors say? You better get like some kind of record that they acknowledge your situation. I would ask merit matters what to do before hand just incased you need like written conformation or something. I could be talking out of my behind, but it is better playing it safe.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by kd44 View Post
    Anyone else having dreams that they go to the review session and find out they got half the questions wrong?
    Bro you just jinxed us all, I insist you go knock on wood now.

On another note, did any one check out the merit matters site. They mention the Exam 2000 meeting coming up. They also mention something about MADD T shirts, not sure if that is serious or not.
    Last edited by BrooklynBorn; 05-07-2012 at 12:52 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
    How do you know it didn't register the last ten? what did the proctors say? You better get like some kind of record that they acknowledge your situation. I would ask merit matters what to do before hand just incased you need like written conformation or something. I could be talking out of my behind, but it is better playing it safe.
    Not talking out of your ssa at all. It's good CYA to get stuff like that....unfortunately, I didn't. At the end of the test, a box popped up and it was taking forever to give me a confirmation. Then it said, "Error #***" or something like that. I told the lady and after a few tries and her calling some other guy at another locaiton, I had to re-do the last 10 questions. I clicked back since there were more than 10 personality questions and the answers I had put were the same but that doesn't mean anything. I should have covered my ssa.

Forum Member

Wasn't the last part an ungraded survey? Did the error pop up at the end of that portion or the end of the exam?

Forum Member

Before the survey part. Had 10 questions in the actual personality section. Still had to complete the survey again but I didn't count that.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FDNYPD View Post
    Before the survey part. Had 10 questions in the actual personality section. Still had to complete the survey again but I didn't count that.
    How did the time frame work for that answering the questions over? Did time keep rolling or was it frozen while you had the error? I barely had enough time to get through that section smh...

Forum Member

The time did start over but not sure in what proportion to how many questions were left. Thankfully I had everything memorized and could re-answer quickly enough to beat the clock.

Thread Information