Like Tree11242Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local...286010931.html

Reading something like this makes me want to get otj soo bad.
    Grown Simba likes this.

Forum Member

I know this might be a dumb question and If it is my bad guys lol but I just got the notice saying I passed the CPAT. Does that mean I will be recieving my packet soon? Sitting at 30xx

Forum Member

I was just talking to my friend who went to intake today. It had me nervous about residency proof again. So I have 2 w2s and a year worth of chase statements. If they don't accept my credit card that I don't use, can I get a letter from HR at my job saying where I lived as one of the proofs? I took my cell out of my name at the time.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
    I was just talking to my friend who went to intake today. It had me nervous about residency proof again. So I have 2 w2s and a year worth of chase statements. If they don't accept my credit card that I don't use, can I get a letter from HR at my job saying where I lived as one of the proofs? I took my cell out of my name at the time.
    get your paystub?

Forum Member

i too received a notice from dcas confirming I passed the CPAT. Also got an email from join fdny about probie skool.

hmmm slow newsday. anyone on here go to that fire in the bronx?

Forum Member

Who sent it and when did you receive letters saying you passed cpat? I passed nov 1, but some of those Dcas people didn't seem to be all there in the head

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBorn View Post

How did he say it went? How long was he there? Thanks in advance

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by EKFCASPER View Post
    Who sent it and when did you receive letters saying you passed cpat? I passed nov 1, but some of those Dcas people didn't seem to be all there in the head
    passed oct 30. so yours might be coming tomorrow or very soon looks identical to the CPAT notice. same paystub like secure envelope sent from DcAS

Forum Member

I also received that notice stating that I passed CPAT. I have a feeling us in the 2600+ will get packets after the new year. And as to show proof of being a Resident, I would bring bank statements from 2007-2014 if I have to lol.

Forum Member

Anybody going to quarter master on Friday who wants to carpool, PM me.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by SGD1028 View Post
    How did he say it went? How long was he there? Thanks in advance

I was there today too. Morning session at 8AM. I walked out of the doors at 1:15. Get there early cause the first ones there get processed first. Overall good experience. Not all that much new info to report. Peggy Quinn or whatever her name was did mention we were being processed for June 15', or dec 15'. My investigator was pretty cool and seemed to be helpful. Pretty much you show up early, they start making copies of all your documents. You sit in the auditorium go over paperwork/packet info, fill out some additional paperwork and watch the video from the academy. They then bring you upstairs to meet with your investigator. After that, they take your fingerprints and then youre free to go. One bit of advice is don't wait at the 9 metro tech door adjacent to Flatbush ave. Use the main entrance off the courtyard. The cop in the booth out on Flatbush ave had a bunch of us waiting at the Flatbush ave door and we wound up waiting there 20 minutes before someone came out and told us where to go.
    SGD1028 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by jburk1 View Post
    I was there today too. Morning session at 8AM. I walked out of the doors at 1:15. Get there early cause the first ones there get processed first. Overall good experience. Not all that much new info to report. Peggy Quinn or whatever her name was did mention we were being processed for June 15', or dec 15'. My investigator was pretty cool and seemed to be helpful. Pretty much you show up early, they start making copies of all your documents. You sit in the auditorium go over paperwork/packet info, fill out some additional paperwork and watch the video from the academy. They then bring you upstairs to meet with your investigator. After that, they take your fingerprints and then youre free to go. One bit of advice is don't wait at the 9 metro tech door adjacent to Flatbush ave. Use the main entrance off the courtyard. The cop in the booth out on Flatbush ave had a bunch of us waiting at the Flatbush ave door and we wound up waiting there 20 minutes before someone came out and told us where to go.

Thanks for sharing how it went man, im glad it went pretty smooth for you. Im really appreciative to hear how your experience went so now I know what to expect when I go tomorrow. So was your appointment for 8? And what time did you actually get there? Thanks again man

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by SGD1028 View Post
    Thanks for sharing how it went man, im glad it went pretty smooth for you. Im really appreciative to hear how your experience went so now I know what to expect when I go tomorrow. So was your appointment for 8? And what time did you actually get there? Thanks again man
    I came from long island on the train. Train got in at like 715 walked from atlantic terminal and got to metrotech at like 725-730. But i listened to the cop like an idiot and waited at the door adjacent to flatbush ave til like 750. Id say just as many people came in after me as there were in front of me.

Forum Member

how was admin day today? anyone quit? how long of a day was it?

Forum Member

Anyone OTJ or just recently graduated the academy suggest what we should get from the Quarter Master? I am going friday and i would like to know what extra stuff i should get.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by 4040clubBouncer View Post
    how was admin day today? anyone quit? how long of a day was it?
    LOOOOONG as day but it was awesome. Finally got a taste of roll call.
    4040clubBouncer likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by USMC55 View Post
    Anyone OTJ or just recently graduated the academy suggest what we should get from the Quarter Master? I am going friday and i would like to know what extra stuff i should get.
    they will give you whatever you need

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by fdnybk View Post
    they will give you whatever you need
    If you can get your hands on another hood, go for it.

Forum Member

Looking at the Department Orders online, I searched the names on the OC list of some guys recently off probation. Some are like 27,000 on the list. No residency, veteran, etc. points. Would they most likely be PH's?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FDNYoneday View Post
    Looking at the Department Orders online, I searched the names on the OC list of some guys recently off probation. Some are like 27,000 on the list. No residency, veteran, etc. points. Would they most likely be PH's?
    Don't know why you'd want to know that.. really all you need to know is that they didn't want to be otj and just gave it a shot.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FDNYoneday View Post
    Most likely prior EMS that were on the promotional list and the OC list but got hired off the promotional. PH's are not on the OC list... They are obviously on the PH list.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by USMC55 View Post
    I would pick up an extra tie, tie clip and collar brass. You can misplace those easily and get pounded out for not having them. If you have a squared away squad you guys should collect money to purchase extras also but I liked having my own for the peace of mind.

Thread Information