Like Tree11284Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by bklynmike91 View Post
    hmm i never got the passed CPAT letter but I passed im sitting low 3000s too. Maybe its in the mail today
    ... waiting on mine too.

we're fairly close on the list ... perhaps we'll be going in the same class.

In other news ... finally heard back from my mentor. Looking forward to speaking with him.
    bklynmike91 and Grown Simba like this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by 4040clubBouncer View Post
    get your paystub?
    I never saved them from that period. Is there a way to re-request them or something? I had a drivers license and security license from that time. Would it be possible to to get a print out from Albany saying my security incense address or license address during that time. I have my tax return but not sure if that's the same as W2. My union could maybe give me a letter or receipts for my dues for 12 months
    Last edited by BrooklynBorn; 12-18-2014 at 11:31 AM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gomer Pyle View Post
    ... waiting on mine too.

In other news ... finally heard back from my mentor. Looking forward to speaking with him.
    What day did you guys pass the cpat? I bet they going in order

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by jburk1 View Post
    I was there today too. Morning session at 8AM. I walked out of the doors at 1:15. Get there early cause the first ones there get processed first. Overall good experience. Not all that much new info to report. Peggy Quinn or whatever her name was did mention we were being processed for June 15', or dec 15'. My investigator was pretty cool and seemed to be helpful. Pretty much you show up early, they start making copies of all your documents. You sit in the auditorium go over paperwork/packet info, fill out some additional paperwork and watch the video from the academy. They then bring you upstairs to meet with your investigator. After that, they take your fingerprints and then youre free to go. One bit of advice is don't wait at the 9 metro tech door adjacent to Flatbush ave. Use the main entrance off the courtyard. The cop in the booth out on Flatbush ave had a bunch of us waiting at the Flatbush ave door and we wound up waiting there 20 minutes before someone came out and told us where to go.
    I think my friend was like because he went in the wrong door. I heard Peggy Quinn or some one said something about 3 classes being a possibility or her not being sure yet. Do you recall Her exact word?, my friend is the worst communicator ever and after asking him 3 times I gave up. I'm wondering is she said it will happen in the future classes but not right now because we are too busy right, or if she said she is still not sure.

Forum Member

What day did you guys pass the cpat? I bet they going in order
    My date was 11/10. I remember walking away feeling like I could take over the world, but also thinking " I dont have even one document that says i actually did pass today ... "

That sucked. Those workers down at DCAS don't inspire too much confidence.

Forum Member

... waiting on mine too.

Yea I bet well be close together from what ive read on this .. I guess well get them this week or next, packets eventually .. My mentor calls me once a week, says he"ll be doing that until Im out of the academy, cool guy too I got really lucky.

Forum Member

My date was 11/10. I remember walking away feeling like I could take over the world, but also thinking " I dont have even one document that says i actually did pass today ... "

That sucked. Those workers down at DCAS don't inspire too much confidence.
    I too was scheduled for the 10th but I had to take it on Oct 30th. I have nothing either other then the handshake at the end of the CPAT and a congrats lol

Forum Member

Yea I bet well be close together from what ive read on this .. I guess well get them this week or next, packets eventually .. My mentor calls me once a week, says he"ll be doing that until Im out of the academy, cool guy too I got really lucky.
    I'm still holding out hope my mentor turns out to be a good dude.

Hopefully we get in soon man either winter 2015 or summer 2016. ... hit the stairmaster for the first time since passing the CPAT 11/10 on Tuesday. Went ten minutes with no vest at 60 SPM.

Anyone ever try doing the stair master with weights in hand ? I'd hate to have to bring my weighted vest to the gym with me since I use it at home on my running days.
    bklynmike91 likes this.

Forum Member

I'm still holding out hope my mentor turns out to be a good dude.

Hopefully we get in soon man either winter 2015 or summer 2016. ... hit the stairmaster for the first time since passing the CPAT 11/10 on Tuesday. Went ten minutes with no vest at 60 SPM.

Anyone ever try doing the stair master with weights in hand ? I'd hate to have to bring my weighted vest to the gym with me since I use it at home on my running days.
    I've done stair master with Dumbbells and kettle bells. Usually 25 in each hand. It's a good way to not rely on the railing.
    bklynmike91 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
    I never saved them from that period. Is there a way to re-request them or something?

Depends. Do you still work there? If it was a big company they have it somewhere. If it's a small business that might be harder. Just call them and ask.

Mine were all on line. And I get paid weekly so I printed out 52 of them

Forum Member

I've done stair master with Dumbbells and kettle bells. Usually 25 in each hand. It's a good way to not rely on the railing.
    Nice ... will try that tonight. Thanks brother.
    bklynmike91 likes this.

Forum Member

Anyone ever try doing the stair master with weights in hand ? I'd hate to have to bring my weighted vest to the gym with me since I use it at home on my running days.[/QUOTE]

I use this sand bag thing and hold it on my back its good for the hands thing too. Its about 50 pounds too which is good. NYSC i think they all have them they use it for the UFX crap

Forum Member

Nice ... will try that tonight. Thanks brother.
    I also did it with kettlebells was kind of weird at first having no movement of the arms but got used to it. Also I just put two 25 lb weights in a regular jansport.
    bklynmike91 likes this.

Forum Member

I use this sand bag thing and hold it on my back its good for the hands thing too. Its about 50 pounds too which is good. NYSC i think they all have them they use it for the UFX crap
    Lmao ... " Come get your GAINS !!! "

NYSC is a great deal for us though ... I would def recommend it to all of you if you could sign up ... do it.

$29.95/month membership because we're FDNY candidates ... rate is locked in so they can't ever change it up on you.

Regular price is $80 a month.
    bklynmike91 likes this.

Forum Member

Lmao ... " Come get your GAINS !!! "

NYSC is a great deal for us though ... I would def recommend it to all of you if you could sign up ... do it.

$29.95/month membership because we're FDNY candidates ... rate is locked in so they can't ever change it up on you.

Regular price is $80 a month.
    Yea man its a steal, I am actually a teacher I pay like 20$ a month with no restrictions now. NYSC is great for training on the stairs and I do the workout videos in the ufx area its like astro turf. They offer 19.99 a month at some clubs as well now

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
    I think my friend was like because he went in the wrong door. I heard Peggy Quinn or some one said something about 3 classes being a possibility or her not being sure yet. Do you recall Her exact word?, my friend is the worst communicator ever and after asking him 3 times I gave up. I'm wondering is she said it will happen in the future classes but not right now because we are too busy right, or if she said she is still not sure.
    She said had no clue and doesn't have an answer.

Forum Member

Sounds like they've been clear that the majority of us who got intakes before the end of the year are being processed for a June and December class in 2015. I know most of these recent intakes have been 22/2300s so it will be interesting to see what they tell those of us in the 24-2600s. It might be a decidedly dec 2015 message on Peggy's part.
    bklynmike91 likes this.

Forum Member

Sounds like they've been clear that the majority of us who got intakes before the end of the year are being processed for a June and December class in 2015. I know most of these recent intakes have been 22/2300s so it will be interesting to see what they tell those of us in the 24-2600s. It might be a decidedly dec 2015 message on Peggy's part.
    could be that they just want to process half and half for the upcoming year, with holidays in the way i think it's easier for them to do it like that. looking at the recent pattern & sitting at 26xx, my chances of getting in the summer '15 are kinda slim. by next year for sure i'll get my shot though so i'll just be ready for either. if this ratio continues i'll be surprised it this list hits 5-6k but thats just an opinion. its best to remain optimistic regardless though cause you never know.
    bklynmike91 likes this.

Forum Member

Someone on here posted that they are list # 24xx and another one 25xx with intakes in december so I know they reached 25xx so far. I'm at 26xx once I get something i'll post right away. They might not have gotten further because of the holidays. I'm sure in Jan we will get more packets.

Forum Member

Hey you guys in the 2600 and above get that probie school email from the other day? Curious to see if everyone who took cpat this round is also getting these get ready for the academy emails from join fdny?

Forum Member

Intake was quite long today. As previously mentioned, it's first in first out. Guys in the first batch of 5-7 people were rolling out of there by 11AM, I got caught in traffic and even though I got there at 7:45, got out a little before 1PM .

Anyone scheduled for their run on Monday? I overheard another investigator on the phone telling someone they have their run scheduled for next Monday and to be early and be ready to rock and roll.

Forum Member

Anyone on this forum have a list number that was passed up for this current class? Trying to get an idea for how many people will be in the next class before they move onward with the list.

Forum Member

Anyone on this forum have a list number that was passed up for this current class? Trying to get an idea for how many people will be in the next class before they move onward with the list.
    Hopefully no one lol....This list has to really pick up!....but seriously...probably around 600 guys were called to fill this class. Ratio is going up

Forum Member

Hey you guys in the 2600 and above get that probie school email from the other day? Curious to see if everyone who took cpat this round is also getting these get ready for the academy emails from join fdny?
    I'm above that and I got that email as well, also got the CPAT snail mail today saying I passed

Forum Member

So, I got there first for the 12 pm interview time..I got there at like 11:10..you sign in , wait in an auditorium, then get called to go upstairs with somebody who makes copies of all your documents, then you ait back in the audorium and wait some more..then they review your packet and fill out some more papers, then you watch a video of the academy. Then you go up to wait to be called in by your investigator...First in Forst out is not always true cause like i said I came in first..I was the 4th person called in..they went by list number because the when I heard them call the names i searched it on the list..fist one was in the 233# range, then the other guy was higher, 234# and then the last guy was 2350s..i am in the 2350s but higher so thats how i know they went in list number order..but getting their early highly increases your chance of leaving earlier..I unfortunately got a really not so nice investigator..she could barely speak english..ohh and another thing that will cause you to stay later even if you come extra early is if your investigator sucks like mine...super sloppy with my paperwork..i had to remind her to make copies of extra documents I had to present and she was typing in the wrong SS number in the computer...MAKE SURE YOU WATCH THEM LIKE A HAWK!..im telling you..you will get screwed if you dont watch these people cause they dont care about your process..i had just about all the documents i needed except for my parents tax return which she claimed me in them..thing is it had my dads adress on it and not my moms, which is where I live ( parents seperated but do taxes together still) so i didnt being it..i explained my situation and she told me she thinks its okay and shed except it..thing is I had it in my email inbox cause it was sent to me by my moms tax agent..So she says, you have to come back and hand it in..I said, mam can i please email it to you it would take two seconds..she says NO! You have to bring it in, in person..I asked her again please Can I just email it to you, I have it rite in front of me..then she finally said yes. But she had a not so happy look on her face..then she said "okay, we finish, no need to call me you just wait"..not the most pleasent experience..I was being super polite but was kind of enraged due to how sloppy she was with all my stuff..if it wasnt for me being so vigilant and having attention to detail she would have lost something or messed something up..BE CAREFUL! And do yourself a favor ahow up clean shaven, and show up with a damn black pen lol..you dont wanna be that guy!!! And there was a couple!
    bkopie and bklynmike91 like this.

Thread Information