Like Tree11258Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by SGD1028 View Post
    So, I got there first for the 12 pm interview time..I got there at like 11:10..you sign in , wait in an auditorium, then get called to go upstairs with somebody who makes copies of all your documents, then you ait back in the audorium and wait some more..then they review your packet and fill out some more papers, then you watch a video of the academy. Then you go up to wait to be called in by your investigator...First in Forst out is not always true cause like i said I came in first..I was the 4th person called in..they went by list number because the when I heard them call the names i searched it on the list..fist one was in the 233# range, then the other guy was higher, 234# and then the last guy was 2350s..i am in the 2350s but higher so thats how i know they went in list number order..but getting their early highly increases your chance of leaving earlier..I unfortunately got a really not so nice investigator..she could barely speak english..ohh and another thing that will cause you to stay later even if you come extra early is if your investigator sucks like mine...super sloppy with my paperwork..i had to remind her to make copies of extra documents I had to present and she was typing in the wrong SS number in the computer...MAKE SURE YOU WATCH THEM LIKE A HAWK!..im telling you..you will get screwed if you dont watch these people cause they dont care about your process..i had just about all the documents i needed except for my parents tax return which she claimed me in them..thing is it had my dads adress on it and not my moms, which is where I live ( parents seperated but do taxes together still) so i didnt being it..i explained my situation and she told me she thinks its okay and shed except it..thing is I had it in my email inbox cause it was sent to me by my moms tax agent..So she says, you have to come back and hand it in..I said, mam can i please email it to you it would take two seconds..she says NO! You have to bring it in, in person..I asked her again please Can I just email it to you, I have it rite in front of me..then she finally said yes. But she had a not so happy look on her face..then she said "okay, we finish, no need to call me you just wait"..not the most pleasent experience..I was being super polite but was kind of enraged due to how sloppy she was with all my stuff..if it wasnt for me being so vigilant and having attention to detail she would have lost something or messed something up..BE CAREFUL! And do yourself a favor ahow up clean shaven, and show up with a damn black pen lol..you dont wanna be that guy!!! And there was a couple!
    U don't have to show up clean shaven for no dam intake . I and a few of us had full face beards . So for those of u who do not like the clean cooch look on Ur face . No need to go shaven .

Sucks about Ur investigator I've spoken to mine once in the last 13 months . No issues .

U guys are making the intake seem more then what it really is . Rock a suit . Clean haircut and have Ur paperwork , the more u present the less u would have to show and present later on .

Forum Member

Ratio is going down not up my friend.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by 4040clubBouncer View Post
    Anyone on this forum have a list number that was passed up for this current class? Trying to get an idea for how many people will be in the next class before they move onward with the list.
    U already know the answer to this question .

I can spit out exact numbers in the 300s. 700s. 1400s and so forth . Out of respect for those guys I would never do so . But their is a substantial amount of guys waiting .

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by k20dc2 View Post
    U don't have to show up clean shaven for no dam intake . I and a few of us had full face beards . So for those of u who do not like the clean cooch look on Ur face . No need to go shaven .

Sucks about Ur investigator I've spoken to mine once in the last 13 months . No issues .

U guys are making the intake seem more then what it really is . Rock a suit . Clean haircut and have Ur paperwork , the more u present the less u would have to show and present later on .
    Just passing along how my day went so others can plan ahead and warning people to watch out..not everyones experience is the same, glad you got no issues with your investigator, thats good for yoy

Forum Member

U already know the answer to this question .

I can spit out exact numbers in the 300s. 700s. 1400s and so forth . Out of respect for those guys I would never do so . But their is a substantial amount of guys waiting .
    yea i know they exist but was hoping that maybe this problem would stop happening - optimistic on my part. also was hoping someone would come out and say 'yea I was held up because of an earning statement or my previous job never responded to the letter sent by my investigator'

just want texture on why people are not getting their things together. I'm not saying the process is easy. seems like the 101s were squared away but also the investigators got a huge group to process - so people are getting overlooked at times.

Forum Member

Just passing along how my day went so others can plan ahead and warning people to watch out..not everyones experience is the same, glad you got no issues with your investigator, thats good for yoy
    thanks for sharing. i have two theories on your investigator: (A) the whole process is easier because you'll remain diligent and on top of it all and she'll think to herself [I]anything to get this guy to stop contacting me[I]
    or (B) you might want to share your concern, including documentation, on how many times during the process careless mistakes were made with her supervisor and that will either get you a better investigator or have her boss personally see to it that your file gets the attention it deserves.

I got a number of silly things that might stand in my way with this job but damn sure won't be an investigator.

that said, its really early in this whole process, hopefully it all improves and keep in mind all of CID is very very busy. so follow up in moderation

Forum Member

SGD turn your pm's on wanna ask you something

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by fndyoneday View Post
    SGD turn your pm's on wanna ask you something
    How do you turn on pms on a mobile device

Forum Member

yea i know they exist but was hoping that maybe this problem would stop happening - optimistic on my part. also was hoping someone would come out and say 'yea I was held up because of an earning statement or my previous job never responded to the letter sent by my investigator'

just want texture on why people are not getting their things together. I'm not saying the process is easy. seems like the 101s were squared away but also the investigators got a huge group to process - so people are getting overlooked at times.
    The investigators do everything in order . Example . I was at the back end of the 101s. So my investigator flat out told me . She would not be working on my file until after the next class was going in . So badically I seen her in February and she did not start on my file until July. U can also request for them to leave the letter to the employer unto the end of the process .

Forum Member

thanks for sharing. i have two theories on your investigator: (A) the whole process is easier because you'll remain diligent and on top of it all and she'll think to herself [I]anything to get this guy to stop contacting me[I]
    or (B) you might want to share your concern, including documentation, on how many times during the process careless mistakes were made with her supervisor and that will either get you a better investigator or have her boss personally see to it that your file gets the attention it deserves.

I got a number of silly things that might stand in my way with this job but damn sure won't be an investigator.

that said, its really early in this whole process, hopefully it all improves and keep in mind all of CID is very very busy. so follow up in moderation
    No problem man.. And im not concerned as of rite now..but in the moment I was..I am not gonna be up her behind calling every two seconds unless I have too..she said if everything goes good ill get my medical in the mail..so I just gotta sit tight and wait I guess. She is definately ine of those investigators that wants to do as minimal work as needed to get by cause she clearly stated "oh you dont have to contact me" im just gonna stick to what everyone seams to say..no news is good news..and if I know someone got a medical test notice in my range and i didnt you bet damn rite im gonna call her up and wanna know why

Forum Member

The investigators do everything in order . Example . I was at the back end of the 101s. So my investigator flat out told me . She would not be working on my file until after the next class was going in . So badically I seen her in February and she did not start on my file until July. U can also request for them to leave the letter to the employer unto the end of the process .
    It's mostly the medical that holds people up.

Forum Member

How do you turn on pms on a mobile device
    hmm settings, general settings, then scroll until you see the option to click them on, then save

Forum Member

ok so anyone on here running monday? this next class gonna be 350 or something or what?lol

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by fndyoneday View Post
    hmm settings, general settings, then scroll until you see the option to click them on, then save
    Thanks man lol okay you can send me a pm

Forum Member

Hey you guys in the 2600 and above get that probie school email from the other day? Curious to see if everyone who took cpat this round is also getting these get ready for the academy emails from join fdny?
    I got one, still no packet or confirmation of passing cpat. I will check my mail later around 9pm. Also my friend who is 253x is reporting dec 30. I'm 263x... I hope k get a day shortly after New Years.
    4040clubBouncer likes this.

Forum Member

so at intake they photocopy all of your documents? or just things like your HS diploma and ID? I was thinking I should photo copy all my documents and application (both blank and filled out) in advance of the intake incase I get a call like 'can you please provide me with this one document in an hour?'

Forum Member

ok so anyone on here running monday? this next class gonna be 350 or something or what?lol
    There were 318 of us at Admin day on Weds. There can only be 2 more running at a time haha hopefully it won't be as long of a day
    4040clubBouncer likes this.

Forum Member

Stay on top of your investigator as you get closer to when you think you're getting called. Most guys I know had a bad experience with theirs. Document everything/keep copies of everything you send her.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by HopefulFF View Post
    Stay on top of your investigator as you get closer to when you think you're getting called. Most guys I know had a bad experience with theirs. Document everything/keep copies of everything you send her.
    I will man..im on top of my stuff i got copies of everything im super organized..thanks for the advice man. And turns out another user on this forum has the same investigator..i wasnt being too harsh on her or exxagerating lol she really is a horror..he had the same problems with her, but luckily he gave me some advice as to how to deal with her, and for that I am grateful lol

Forum Member

Ughh.. Anyone wanna start making predictions on the next class? What number they will call til? How many weeks? How many hours?... 21xx good news is I can continue my winter bulk

Thread Information