Like Tree11288Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Exclamation

joinfdny
    Please note that we are not permitted to call candidates from an exam list after it expires, meaning candidates whose list number has not been reached. If your list number is reached before the exam expiration date, you're still eligible for hire. Also, please note that Exam 2000 expires in June 2017.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Matador611 View Post
    joinfdny
    Please note that we are not permitted to call candidates from an exam list after it expires, meaning candidates whose list number has not been reached. If your list number is reached before the exam expiration date, you're still eligible for hire. Also, please note that Exam 2000 expires in June 2017.
    Got this off the instagram….So the list does expire in june 2017 for anyone who was asking

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by k20dc2 View Post
    Ratio is going down not up my friend.

Unfortunately I agree... Been a steady 2:1 and showing no signs of changing... Especially after seeing the recycle numbers stay the same

Forum Member

joinfdny
    Guess that's good news for guys that get packets in dec of 2016
    bklynmike91 likes this.

Forum Member

joinfdny
    this means that theoretically a person can receive a CPAT invitation or instructions to report for their background interview in may 2017 and still going through the entire process and be hired?
    4040clubBouncer likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by J0hnnyb0y View Post
    this means that theoretically a person can receive a CPAT invitation or instructions to report for their background interview in may 2017 and still going through the entire process and be hired?
    Im not really sure man…Im sorry. I just quoted this to show the expiration date of the list.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by J0hnnyb0y View Post
    I highly doubt it. If you aren't hired before the date the list expires then game over. Doesn't matter if you did all the steps already.

Forum Member

You think being on the cusps of getting a run letter is bad? Imagine being that one number after the last person is called for hire... God help that man or woman
    EKFCASPER and 4040clubBouncer like this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan Medic View Post
    I highly doubt it. If you aren't hired before the date the list expires then game over. Doesn't matter if you did all the steps already.
    Im not really sure man…Im sorry. I just quoted this to show the expiration date of the list.
    no problem just pondering here at work. thanks

Forum Member

Received my notice of passing CPAT via snail mail ... as well as the email about probie school.

Sitting 31xx ... Anxiously waiting.

Forum Member

what cold weather should i purchase? I am trying to figure out what other gear I should get for the academy.I just dont want to go crazy on stuff that I might not need. Anyone on the job or who graduated from last years "Polar Vortex" class can help a brother out?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan Medic View Post
    In the academy? I don't think that's really necessary. Besides whatever they use at the rock will probably need to be replaced by the end of training.
    I had one, it felt so good to put on a nice dry one. Sucked putting on a wet, smelly hood time after time.

Forum Member

get thermals and plenty of knee high socks.

Forum Member

I heard promo for EMS in feb... Anyone else hear those rumors. Also no medic promo for 2015 ...

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mo2012 View Post
    I heard promo for EMS in feb... Anyone else hear those rumors. Also no medic promo for 2015 ...
    Yea medic promotion has been postponed unfortunately

Forum Member

You mean filing?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by USMC55 View Post
    what cold weather should i purchase? I am trying to figure out what other gear I should get for the academy.I just dont want to go crazy on stuff that I might not need. Anyone on the job or who graduated from last years "Polar Vortex" class can help a brother out?
    Our class was brutal, get under Armour. Buy extra blue knitted hats for anyone that forgets so that you can all use them for pt. Keep 2 socks with rice in them in the bunker gear locker and put them inside of your boot at the end of the day, it soaks up the water. Nothing is worse than stepping into a wet boot at roll call in 15 degree weather. Some guys bought a pair of waterproof socks, they're like 40 bucks and I'm not sure how good they worked. A buddy of mine had hand warmers which were great at roll call and when you're done with an evolution and waiting around, just can't get caught with them. The blue gloves we use are excellent for fire but do nothing against the cold. Always buy extra black gloves, if 1 guy doesn't have them none of you wear them. Other than that just layer, but remember you will be changing frequently and with little space and time so don't wear too many layers. Good luck I hope it won't be as cold as our class

Forum Member

I heard rumors of filing for an EMS promo in January/February as well. Haven't heard it mentioned in awhile though. Where are you hearing it from?
    Last edited by Ravendmb1; 12-20-2014 at 05:13 AM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ravendmb1 View Post
    I heard rumors of filing for an EMS promo in January/February as well. Haven't heard it mentioned in awhile though. Where are you hearing it from?
    That is the word apparently. I've heard that as well.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by bklynmike91 View Post
    Yea man its a steal, I am actually a teacher I pay like 20$ a month with no restrictions now. NYSC is great for training on the stairs and I do the workout videos in the ufx area its like astro turf. They offer 19.99 a month at some clubs as well now

Brooklyn belt NYSC?

How do we prove to them we are candidates?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by 4040clubBouncer View Post
    Depends. Do you still work there? If it was a big company they have it somewhere. If it's a small business that might be harder. Just call them and ask.

Mine were all on line. And I get paid weekly so I printed out 52 of them
    So who would I contact, HR? When you say you printed them out how were they online?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
    Brooklyn belt NYSC?

How do we prove to them we are candidates?
    PM me ... ill give you the contact info.

All you have to do is attach a photo of your CPAT candidate card to an email.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
    So who would I contact, HR? When you say you printed them out how were they online?
    Yea some jobs do all of their pay stubs insurance etc online. In fact, those that offer it online usually prefer their employees use it. If this option isn't available I would call the HR dept. they would be able to tell you if they have them. The short answer is they do. Most tax related records are supposed to be kept for 7-10 years. So unless you worked for a very small business or the business folded chances are they have the records. That said, since it's been a while expect the records to be in storage and they might take a while to retrieve, copy and deliver. Expect a fee too.

Forum Member

whats the benefit of holding ems promo in Jan/Feb??? Would that mean they are going back to holding promo every 2 years?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by billwill View Post
    whats the benefit of holding ems promo in Jan/Feb??? Would that mean they are going back to holding promo every 2 years?
    If it were to happen I can only imagine that it would be to get ahead on the processing end of things for when 2000 expires. Considering the time it took for this current list to be released...

Thread Information