Like Tree11339Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

I'm gonna sip pappy van winkle and resume training this Saturday.
    Nyscourts2fdny likes this.

Forum Member

Hey everyone, Merry Christmas, first time caller long time listener here. I'm 26## on the list and finally signed up here. I got my intake Jan 7, anyone know how long usually the medical comes after your intake interview? Thanks

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FDNY4LIFE718 View Post
    Hey everyone, Merry Christmas, first time caller long time listener here. I'm 26## on the list and finally signed up here. I got my intake Jan 7, anyone know how long usually the medical comes after your intake interview? Thanks
    anywhere from 1-8 months. at 26xx you'll likely be a few weeks after me - I'm in the 2400s. we won't know until they're ready for us

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by 4040clubBouncer View Post
    anywhere from 1-8 months. at 26xx you'll likely be a few weeks after me - I'm in the 2400s. we won't know until they're ready for us
    Ok thanks I guess I'll look for your updates

Forum Member

Great day for a run ... If u feel up to it, definitely hit the pavement for a few today.

6 more miles on the odometer.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gomer Pyle View Post
    I just don't get it ... guys on the cusp of basically winning the lottery ... having a shot at securing your future for the duration of your life, not only for yourself but your family, your kids, wives etc ...

Yet people still put priority in the silliest most vain things like their appearance.

At CPAT prep their was another guy asking if he needed to shave his trendy beard for the academy ... and actually got into a long, dumb conversation about why exactly he needed to shave his beard with the DI's present ... they actually entertained his BS. You need to shave your face cause of your mask bro.

duh.

**** your hair ... **** a beard ... **** everything that interferes with your shot at this.

They ask you to shave your head, your face, your balls ... whatever. just do it.

If they asked me to show up to admin day dressed in drag i'd do it if it meant i had my opportunity to secure this job.

A five figure salary isn't exactly a "winning the lottery", but to each his own.

Forum Member

I don't have my high school diploma. I am not even sure if I can find my college diploma. What a waste that one was.

Forum Member

Guys I'm speculating and wanted to know if my speculation seems accurate here.

This class coming up had list numbers from 1359 to 193X. That is about 570 list numbers.

Should I consider this last class a good predictor of the July 2015 class, and we should have list numbers 1930 to 2500 called?

Any reason why the July 2015 class should have more or less called than December 2014 class?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Silent_Majority View Post
    A five figure salary isn't exactly a "winning the lottery", but to each his own.
    Ok. You don't have to shave your head.

Forum Member

Mr. Silent,

When people refer to getting on this job, that it's like " winning the lottery " they're not exactly citing the compensation ...

Forum Member

Sgd1028 check your pm's , have a question for you

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by SirEd View Post
    Guys I'm speculating and wanted to know if my speculation seems accurate here.

This class coming up had list numbers from 1359 to 193X. That is about 570 list numbers.

Should I consider this last class a good predictor of the July 2015 class, and we should have list numbers 1930 to 2500 called?

Any reason why the July 2015 class should have more or less called than December 2014 class?
    The first two classes primarily made up of OC candidates Winter '14, Summer '14 went through 600+ OC and they both had priority and EMS candidates. Surprisingly this list of all OC was only 570 but with a lot of guys who had not finished processing (medical, military etc). I think its safe to say the next class will get 600-700 OC list candidates so maybe 2550+ to 2600s?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
    I don't have my high school diploma. I am not even sure if I can find my college diploma. What a waste that one was.
    Someone said a pAge or two back you can get some certified document for high school if you don't have the diploma.

For college just get a transcript from you college make sure it's sealed and mailed directly to FDNY

Forum Member

Leave work 2 hours early to go to the SS office to get the earnings statement, after calling and checking online to make sure they are open, to which both sources said yes. Only to show up to a closed office. No clue when I'm gonna get there, with these holiday weeks their already short hours are all screwed up, and I can't take off work that easily. Feeling pretty fustrated right now.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DSNY2FDNY View Post
    Leave work 2 hours early to go to the SS office to get the earnings statement, after calling and checking online to make sure they are open, to which both sources said yes. Only to show up to a closed office. No clue when I'm gonna get there, with these holiday weeks their already short hours are all screwed up, and I can't take off work that easily. Feeling pretty fustrated right now.
    Obviously it would be easier for you to bring everything with you to your intake but if you don't have it you could bring it on another date. I had the same issue when I went to go
    Pick mine up months ago, but it was my fault because I procrastinated lol

Forum Member

Hey guys, happy holidays... haven't been on in a while...I've read the last 15 pages to try and catch up on what's been going on lately...I'm sitting at mid 3400's wondering if I should be receiving or hearing anything any time soon.

Forum Member

Some people consider a loving family to be the most valuable commodity on earth.

Not everything can be weighed in dollar signs.

Doesn't sound like this job is for you.

Forum Member

what if you can't remember exact dates for the job experience portion of this application? anyone just do month and year?

also i got a traffic ticket but don't remember when or how much i paid. i was 16. any advice?

Forum Member

what if you can't remember exact dates for the job experience portion of this application? anyone just do month and year?

also i got a traffic ticket but don't remember when or how much i paid. i was 16. any advice?
    Hmm for the traffic ticket I think there is a form on the DMV website. Can't remember what it's called but it will give you the information on the dates of the ticket, how much you paid etc.

Forum Member

For the jobs in which I couldn't remember exact dates, I put the month and Year with N/A in the middle. For example 10/NA/08. Investigator didn't have an issue with that. Also, they told us DO NOT list parking tickets (meter tickets, no parking/standing, etc). They are only interested in moving violations (driving w/o insurance, speeding, etc).

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by TB_FDNY View Post
    Hey guys, happy holidays... haven't been on in a while...I've read the last 15 pages to try and catch up on what's been going on lately...I'm sitting at mid 3400's wondering if I should be receiving or hearing anything any time soon.
    Welcome back dude, A page back or so K20 confirmed some of the numbers the list is at right now, and the highest number contacted for anything was 3338.. Although there's a lot of guys getting packets and intakes, We'll
    probably be in the next group of CPAT dates.. Bad thing is that it's hard to tell when, but I'm guessing it will be sometime between the end of intake dates(Februaryish) and the summer time?.. I wouldn't bet the farm on that guess either.. Ill be out of town for a couple months, so I too wish there
    was a better way to find out when...
    36XX
    Matador611 likes this.

Thread Information